Patterson

Ajax are a great example on how to create players of the future. They are also under similar pressures to us. They now have something like 200 million sitting in the bank due to being able to create great young players and sell them on.

A 16 year old scored for them this week.....

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, JograBear said:

Ajax are a great example on how to create players of the future. They are also under similar pressures to us. They now have something like 200 million sitting in the bank due to being able to create great young players and sell them on.

A 16 year old scored for them this week.....

Probably helps they don’t play in front of a good few thousand greeting faces bastards every home game.

Flanagan along with several others are not of the quality that we need, but we need to make do to take this title.

For the the less than gifted stepping in, it's keep it simple and the others to take up the slack and create. We cannot expect the less than gifted to do what they are not capable of.

The gifted need to dig deeper.

As long as the mind set is right, there is no reason for us not to continue with winning ways all the way to the end of the season, no matter who steps in for injuries or suspension.

Sure that I heard/read something saying that his natural position is actually LB a while ago?

Not sure if true but would only be a positive if he is versatile. 

I would have gave him game time against St Mirren to see how he coped to be honest but can understand why he never got it.

Either get him out on loan or play him. A few months playing regularly will do his development more good than just training with the first team. 

Hopefully developes enough to do more than just train with the first team next season. 

10 hours ago, BookWorm said:

Hearts are utter dross atm, really poor team. Bloody well play the lad he has worked hard for his chance and not really put a foot wrong so far. Better option than Flanagan.

I can understand both points of view on this matter , personally I've always thought Flannigan is much better suited to playing R.B. than left. It's a dilemma as young Paterson looks a really good prospect,  and probably deserves his chance , but if he makes a mistake and costs us a win he and S.G. will get slaughtered. But I.m.o. on balance give the boy a chance. 

4 hours ago, glasgow argyle said:

I can understand both points of view on this matter , personally I've always thought Flannigan is much better suited to playing R.B. than left. It's a dilemma as young Paterson looks a really good prospect,  and probably deserves his chance , but if he makes a mistake and costs us a win he and S.G. will get slaughtered. But I.m.o. on balance give the boy a chance. 

You have to take calculated risks to get anywhere and he is not that much of a risk going by his last game.

Manager should’ve played Patterson today. He can get up and down the park and I can only assume he isn’t given the opportunity because of his age.

Starting with Flanagan was a disaster.  Completely unbalanced the team because he can’t get forward.  Polster was an improvement but that’s not hard.  Patterson should be getting his opportunity now while Tavernier is injured.  

If we’re not going to trust the young players what is the point of having an academy?

Today ends this conversation. 

Unless its away in Europe or due to injuries at home to the scum then Flanagan can get so far to fuck. Go with either Patterson or Polster, don't care.

Just get this fucking severely limited footballer so far to fuck and stop fucking up our shape to accommodate him.

Better be gone come the summer.

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

Manager should’ve played Patterson today. He can get up and down the park and I can only assume he isn’t given the opportunity because of his age.

Starting with Flanagan was a disaster.  Completely unbalanced the team because he can’t get forward.  Polster was an improvement but that’s not hard.  Patterson should be getting his opportunity now while Tavernier is injured.  

If we’re not going to trust the young players what is the point of having an academy?

And it's not hindsight when it was stated as being so obvious prior to kick off.

29 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Today ends this conversation. 

Unless its away in Europe or due to injuries at home to the scum then Flanagan can get so far to fuck. Go with either Patterson or Polster, don't care.

Just get this fucking severely limited footballer so far to fuck and stop fucking up our shape to accommodate him.

Better be gone come the summer.

Away in Europe or scum he should be nowhere near either 

Can’t defend, can’t tackle without fouling, no pace and even less ability 

5 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Away in Europe or scum he should be nowhere near either 

Can’t defend, can’t tackle without fouling, no pace and even less ability 

I dont rate him at all, just think he serves more of a purpose when we're facing attack minded teams. Would be more than happy if today was his last appearance.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

@Jimbeamjunior Do you still think it was a good idea to play Flanagan?

Are you seriously blaming todays defeat on a right back who has yet to concede a goal since his return to the first team

Dear fucking lord, davis, jack, aribo, Arfield, kamara, kent and defoe all posted missing bar the one move that we scored from but we're still picking on the backup right back 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Are you seriously blaming todays defeat on a right back who has yet to concede a goal since his return to the first team

Dear fucking lord, davis, jack, aribo, Arfield, kamara, kent and defoe all posted missing bar the one move that we scored from but we're still picking on the backup right back 

I never once blamed Flanagan for the defeat. Many players were awful and contributed to that but Flanagan was most certainly at the top of that pile. Guaranteed he would have seen red in the second-half. He is a liability and I think you know that. He even gives away possession on throw-ins!!

Gerrard got it wrong.

29 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I never once blamed Flanagan for the defeat. Many players were awful and contributed to that but Flanagan was most certainly at the top of that pile. Guaranteed he would have seen red in the second-half. He is a liability and I think you know that. He even gives away possession on throw-ins!!

Gerrard got it wrong.

And aribo cannot take a kick off, whats your point

Flanagan is a backup player, he came in, did a job and was subbed at HT, the score at HT was 0-0

We lost 2-1 in the 2nd half with guys like aribo, kent, davis, kamara, arfield, defoe and ojo all attacking players, all playing the full or some of the 2nd half

Guys like davis, over 100 caps for his country yet has went missing 3 times this season away from home when opponents get in our faces, 

7mill for kent, goal aside was honking

Defoe, totally opposite player to morelos but expected to do the same job as him, and stupidly we setup the same for him as we do with morelos

Jack, booked and hooked, never in the game, 

Arfield, not the same player as he was, dont play to his strengths either 

Ojo, meh

But you are right, lets blame the backup defender, if you think patterson would have made a difference today then you are blind

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

And aribo cannot take a kick off, whats your point

Flanagan is a backup player, he came in, did a job and was subbed at HT, the score at HT was 0-0

We lost 2-1 in the 2nd half with guys like aribo, kent, davis, kamara, arfield, defoe and ojo all attacking players, all playing the full or some of the 2nd half

Guys like davis, over 100 caps for his country yet has went missing 3 times this season away from home when opponents get in our faces, 

7mill for kent, goal aside was honking

Defoe, totally opposite player to morelos but expected to do the same job as him, and stupidly we setup the same for him as we do with morelos

Jack, booked and hooked, never in the game, 

Arfield, not the same player as he was, dont play to his strengths either 

Ojo, meh

But you are right, lets blame the backup defender, if you think patterson would have made a difference today then you are blind

Flanagan was taken off because he was terrible. I'm not sure why you can't see that. Mentioning other players playing shite belongs in other threads. This one is about Patterson over Flanagan or Flanagan over Patterson. Anyway, it was pleasing to see Polster is adequate cover,

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Flanagan was taken off because he was terrible. I'm not sure why you can't see that. Mentioning other players playing shite belongs in other threads. This one is about Patterson over Flanagan or Flanagan over Patterson. Anyway, it was pleasing to see Polster is adequate cover,

And what evidence do we have that patterson would have been better? 

Archived