REACTIONS | Steven Gerrard/Joe Aribo | Rangers 2-0 Stranraer

RockwellGers

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Those fringe players last night won’t be pressuring any first team players. 
and that’s not a good position to be in. 

Ojo is doing my tits in and Barker is just as bad. 

Stranraer looked like a junior team and Ojo, Barker, Halliday, and Jones all looked like they belonged in that junior team. 

1 minute ago, Hadron Collider said:

Stranraer looked like a junior team and Ojo, Barker, Halliday, and Jones all looked like they belonged in that junior team. 

We all know Halliday’s limitations he’s been around long enough. He needs moved on

The rest don’t look like winners, they don’t feel like winners. Sooner they are replaced by quality to give our senior players the fear the better. 

I bet SG  has some regrets over a few of his signings. 

15 hours ago, BILLYBOY50 said:

Said it for a while now we have a good first eleven but the overall squad is full of mediocre and even very poor footballers that we need to get shot of and add more quality if we are going to keep on fighting on all three fronts including Europe.

GK we have cover

CBs we have cover

LB we don't 

RB we have cover 

Midfield we have 4 very good - maybe at a stretch 1 more.

LW we have cover 

RW we don't 

CF at a push one more. 

We've got a better 11 or 12 than the pikeys. From where we've come from we're looking OK for the run in till May. 

From the starting 11 "fringe" players he can only be talking about Halliday and Jones. 

It would be harsh on Defoe and Edmundson because one was getting not much service and the other had little to do. So  i don't think that's where it was aimed. 

From those that came on, dear god weren't Barker and Ojo brutal. 

Edit: I still think Jones can do a job though. But not as the inside forward SG prefers. Not sure Jones has the intelligence for that

On 17/01/2020 at 22:47, KingKaiJohansen said:

Can't argue with his assessment of the game, guys like Jones, Barker, Halliday & Ojo just aren't good enough to be here.

Yes but he did say .Some of the older pros ,never took their  chance 

I love our managers high standards lately 

On 18/01/2020 at 08:20, Laudrup1984 said:

I think these games are always a little tough and misleading. Some players will be rusty and there will also be players who have barely played in about 4 months. You then have a team sitting in all night and when there are so many changes it can upset the rhythm. It's easier to have your strongest 11 and ease in 1 or 2 but 7 changes makes it a bit more tricky, regardless of who you're playing.

I think those are reasons rather than excuses but of course we need to concede the level of opposition and the fact we were at home. It should have been more comfortable and pleasing on the eye. We're through and that's all that matters but obviously we were hoping for a bit more. I don't think this will have any bearing on Wednesday though. We'll be ready.

Good Post 👍

Archived