***** The Official Rangers V St Mirren Match Thread *****

8 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Actually think a toiled 1-0 isn’t such a bad thing. 

Tynecastle will be a battle and that result plus the performance allows Gerrard to fucking gut them, tell some home truths and get their heads in the game again.

Fully expect a better performance on Sunday. 

Tynecastle will be easier than tonight

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

We got away with one there. I do fear at some point we’ll unstuck in these games without Alfie. 

I know we don’t play with a 10, but nights like tonight show why we need someone who can link play a bit more. Stewart should’ve been in that midfield or RW position for me, but if he doesn’t get minutes tonight he never will

He’s injured 

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

You didn't need to mate. Build and height don't matter as much as people think. Naismith was a midget and excellent in the air. Boyd scored more goals than Miller but despite his height advantage and certainly weight advantage I'd bet my house on Miller scoring more than Boyd from headers.

That’s a fair point, I would like us to have a classic target man type though, opposition teams would definitely be less inclined to just let us have the ball out wide while crowding the box for an inevitable easy clearance. Would definitely help us to draw out these park the bus sides 

10 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

You're spot on and this post should be pinned.

Some posters have noted that Defoe is sometimes isolated and is up top on his own. That's NOT how we play.

Some posters have noted that Aribo and Kent constantly cut inside and that we need wingers who go on the outside. That's NOT how we play.

Up front we have a three and our width is supposed to come from Borna and Tav which works well most of the time. I'm no major tactician but that should give us at any one time 4 players attacking (one of the full backs crossing while one stays back) no matter what the three in midfield are doing (holding their position I would hope unlike tonight listening to the crowd and the RM match thread).

Those three up front should all be contributing to the goals. Naturally the central player will get more chances therefore more goals but Kent's and Aribo's return compared to Alfies makes for some scary reading.

The team as a whole needs more goal scorers regardless of position.

Katic got on the end of a few set pieces tonight and was raging with himself that he didn't convert them. It's a team game and people may think this is mental but Katic needs to stay in the team for his attacking set-piece presence. Every time we take a corner I say to my wife watch this, big Katic here. Always looks dangerous and defends well enough.

So aye, more goals. From eveybody.

A think Kent has been contributing but not enough imo RW is the problem position and Aribo has done well there but not the position he was originally brought in for,

Ojo is that player but is'nt doing it at the moment.

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

That bit about Defoe :lol: 

This place is fucking wild 

He’s barely put in a shift the last few games he has started.

Yes I know he’s not Morelos, and they play different games, but apart from Hibs away in December you have to go back to the Hamilton game in October where he’s had a really good game.

6 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Nice one José. Hopefully the management team read this, and implement your unique, and informative ideas...

Fuck off :lol:

That's how we play; already implemented by the management team. It certainly isn't my idea.

If the management team do want to take heed of my post then play fucking Katic. All the time. Every game.

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

He’s barely put in a shift the last few games he has started.

Yes I know he’s not Morelos, and they play different games, but apart from Hibs away in December you have to go back to the Hamilton game in October where he’s had a really good game.

He’s 36 and is completely unsuited to a lone striker role against 10 man defences. Give him a a handful of chances and he’ll get you a goal or 2. He’s been superb for us

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Fuck off :lol:

That's how we play; already implemented by the management team. It certainly isn't my idea.

If the management team do want to take heed of my post then play fucking Katic. All the time. Every game.

Should be up front in a two when Helander is fit imo..

4 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

He’s 36 and is completely unsuited to a lone striker role against 10 man defences. Give him a a handful of chances and he’ll get you a goal or 2. He’s been superb for us

Don’t disagree. It’s just for the past couple of months he’s not been the same as he was at the start of the season or when he first came here.

I’m talking about running channels and creating space for himself and others. He did in the first half tonight it was good to see. Then after he scored he barely moved. Unsuited to loan striker or not we can’t have static strikers when we are trying to break down ten man defences.

Archived