***** The Official Rangers V St Mirren Match Thread *****

2 minutes ago, GOAT said:

What exactly did the opposition get away with tonight?  

Aye let the opposition away with whatever they want as long as Davis isn't booked eh?

In a more general sense the refs I've stated always seem to be against us.

What are your thoughts on Clancy's performance in our last game?

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

Aye let the opposition away with whatever they want as long as Davis isn't booked eh?

Why have you posted the exact same reply to me?  What exactly did st mirren players get away with tonight?

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Refs in Scotland are just generally shite.  Every fan moans about them. 
it’s not restricted to us

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Why have you posted the exact same reply to me?  What exactly did st mirren players get away with tonight?

Fair play for noticing. The reason was half taking the piss and half the fact I asked not one but two questions and you failed to answer any.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

Fair play for noticing. The reason was half taking the piss and half the fact I asked not one but two questions and you failed to answer any.

I answered you a question you just ignored.  Just because Clancy had a shocker doesn’t mean every cunts out to get us.  Leave that pish for the tarriers. 

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Agree

Agree

Agree

Still doesn't mean we're not refereed to a different standard. People need to wake up to this.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

I answered you a question you just ignored.  Just because Clancy had a shocker doesn’t mean every cunts out to get us.  Leave that pish for the tarriers. 

Mate I've lived through our 9IAR and seen their paranoia. That isn't us and I don't want that to be me.

However I'm not blind to the decisions which go against us and go for them. It isn't just blue tinted glasses.

It's been discussed numerous times in the Bear's Den and I'll leave it for tonight.

3 points. Job done.

15 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I was playing poker in a pub tonight that had loads of tims watching the game. The whinging about the ref was incessant with plenty of whataboutery.  At least i won some money. 

6 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Mate I've lived through our 9IAR and seen their paranoia. That isn't us and I don't want that to be me.

However I'm not blind to the decisions which go against us and go for them. It isn't just blue tinted glasses.

It's been discussed numerous times in the Bear's Den and I'll leave it for tonight.

3 points. Job done.

You were only born in 02 don’t lie 

7 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Agree

Agree

Agree

Still doesn't mean we're not refereed to a different standard. People need to wake up to this.

If the standard is shite what standard are we ref”d to? 

because a shite ref feels like they are vindictive when really they are just shite. 

No issues with walsh last night. He could have given a couple more cards to both teams, clearly tried to keep cards in pockets. All yellows for both teams were deserved.

Yeah there were a few minor calls that I thought could have went differently but nothing big. I'll take that all day long.

Btw good chance he'll be match ref for the next scum game.

1 minute ago, ShanksRFC said:

St Mirren packed the left hand side as they knew nothing was going to come down the right. Barasic and Kent had 2 or 3 guys in front to deal with.

Ojo came on and had success but he was one on one or running into a lot of space down the right. 

Said that last night. They left Flanagan alone and were uninterested in him until he got the ball then went one on one. He almost always passed square or back. They rightly knew it was different on our left and covered it with an extra man. 

Entirely predictable, sensible but simple game management from them.

34 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Said that last night. They left Flanagan alone and were uninterested in him until he got the ball then went one on one. He almost always passed square or back. They rightly knew it was different on our left and covered it with an extra man. 

Also our players seemed to lack the confidence of passing out to Flanagan, Davis spotted him free a few times and turned back into traffic.

I worry if Tav is not fit again for Sunday.

35 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Also our players seemed to lack the confidence of passing out to Flanagan, Davis spotted him free a few times and turned back into traffic.

I worry if Tav is not fit again for Sunday.

Thats why the boy should have played. He suits our style better. 

Flannigan was fine at RB defensively. But he's poor going forward 

1 hour ago, ShanksRFC said:

St Mirren packed the left hand side as they knew nothing was going to come down the right. Barasic and Kent had 2 or 3 guys in front to deal with.

Ojo came on and had success but he was one on one or running into a lot of space down the right. 

Would definitely have been better with Paterson last night, in a game where the opposition have zero thought of attacking and are going to sit in all game then he is more suited than Flanagan, a lot said that before the game and now in hindsight it looks spot on.

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Thats why the boy should have played. He suits our style better. 

Flannigan was fine at RB defensively. But he's poor going forward 

I was surprised he never started to be honest. Be aswell shutting the academy down if he can't get a game in front of Flanagan.

One of our three defensive minded CM could have easily slotted into the RB spot when Patterson was going forward. It wasn't as if St Mirren were going to have loads of attacks anyway.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Surely cover on the right for Tav should be a similar type player that can easily slot in and not change the way we play too much. 
it’s frustrating as fuck that the gaffers pal Flanagan gets the nod ahead of Polster (looks like he is more positive ) or even young Patterson  AND we have to change our play to accommodate him. 

does my tits in. 

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Surely cover on the right for Tav should be a similar type player that can easily slot in and not change the way we play too much. 
it’s frustrating as fuck that the gaffers pal Flanagan gets the nod ahead of Polster (looks like he is more positive ) or even young Patterson  AND we have to change our play to accommodate him. 

does my tits in. 

Preaching to the converted mate 👍

3 minutes ago, Inigo said:

On the subject of refs, I thought Walsh was decent last night. Think he's en route to becoming the best referree of the bad bunch. 

Not for me. Thought he missed a couple of obvious bookings in the first half, and overruling his linesman at that corner was bizarre I thought. 

Archived