***** The Official Rangers V St Mirren Match Thread *****

53 minutes ago, Bluenose-11 said:

Not for me. Thought he missed a couple of obvious bookings in the first half, and overruling his linesman at that corner was bizarre I thought. 

He was correct to. Was right in front of me and quite clearly didn't go out. Was in a better position to see it too, given the goalie's body was between the ball and linesman.

As for the bookings... couple for each side that were on the borderline. Played it leniently for both sides on a few occasions, which is fine.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Inigo said:

On the subject of refs, I thought Walsh was decent last night. Think he's en route to becoming the best referree of the bad bunch. 

A couple of tackles where their players have gone right through our players and no action taken I think he's as poor as the rest.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

A couple of tackles where their players have gone right through our players and no action taken I think he's as poor as the rest.

And we were fortunate with Davis and Flanagan I think it was. None were 100% stick on bookings though. Consistency is the most important thing, and I thought he was. Generally handled the game well. 

15 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Davis, Jack and Kamara all do their jobs and do them well.

It’s just that their skill types aren’t required against 10 men behind the ball.

Yes but as an experienced campaigner you would think he would be able to see that he needs to take responsibility and some risks to push the team on.

For someone who was team captain in past years he just seems lacking in any leadership qualities what so ever. He would rather pass when on the edge of a box than take a shot and worst of all he pulls out of 50/50 challenges. 

At the time, I didn't really give Defoe enough credit for the goal. I thought it was merely a tap in from a deflection that landed at his feet. But after seeing it again, he anticipates it, gets in front of the defender before the ball arrives and slots it home. He actually doesn't do a whole lot in a game but if he has those predatory instincts, he will be a huge asset towards 55.

Archived