***** The Official Rangers V St Mirren Match Thread *****

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as we've improved overall, Im probably even less confident this season without Alfie. Think this could be a slog, hopefully proved wrong, definitely need the 3 points as I think a couple maybe dropped on Sunday 😔 

On 19/01/2020 at 14:28, Ace said:

Team will be ..

McGregor 

Flanagan Goldson Katic Barisic

Arfield Davis Jack

Aribo Defoe Kent 

Got to be Flanagan at RB, Young Paterson did well the other night but this is a different challenge and no inch can be given chasing the league title

An early goal is key against most teams at ibrox, there arent many teams that will come and have a go as they know the usual outcome if they do. I know it isnt easy against a packed defence but getting in behind in the wide areas and balls across the face of goal is where defoe could get on the end of them, also like to see a few more efforts from outside the box this would also help to draw defenders out of position when trying to shut it down. 

9 hours ago, dee9 said:

Regardless of alfredo being available or not there is absolutely no excuses for dropping points against st mirren at home.

I expect us to blow them away and the game should be over come ht.

4-0 Rangers.

Agree with the first part. 

All that matters is the win though. 

1 hour ago, Hadron Collider said:

Would also be nice if we have someone have a shot from outside the box at times as trying to walk it in against park the bus teams is frustrating as fuck. 

Aribo was extremely guilty of that on friday night.

1 hour ago, Essandoh said:

The block St Mirren used against us in Paisley was ridiculously effective. It took magic from Borna to make them come out.

It won’t be an easy game. I’d bite your hand off for 1-0 right now.

It was mate however ibrox is alot bigger playing surface than st mirren.

No excuses tomorrow.

1 minute ago, dee9 said:

Aribo was extremely guilty of that on friday night.

He was but it’s not down to one player. We need to find that spot just outside the 18 yard box and get a proper shooter an opening. Can’t believe watching the games now how many shots go wide or over the bar from 20 yards out. 

My biggest worry for this game is that we have Defoe and nothing else. No Morelos, No Stewart. 

If things aren’t working what do we do? 

We may actually need to change set up. If they park the bus then we could possibly go 3 at the back and get another player in an attacking position or likewise only have one sitting midfielder and add another attacking player. 

3 hours ago, Essandoh said:

The block St Mirren used against us in Paisley was ridiculously effective. It took magic from Borna to make them come out.

It won’t be an easy game. I’d bite your hand off for 1-0 right now.

Played to their strengths, but up to us to break it down. 

I’d happily take a 1-0.

19 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

My biggest worry for this game is that we have Defoe and nothing else. No Morelos, No Stewart. 

If things aren’t working what do we do? 

We may actually need to change set up. If they park the bus then we could possibly go 3 at the back and get another player in an attacking position or likewise only have one sitting midfielder and add another attacking player. 

I'm not even confident that Defoe can be effective for an entire 90 minutes but you are right, if he were to get injured earlier it is a concern. 

Archived