Alex Rae - Marathon for Erskine Veterans - Support him here...

govanblue

Former professional footballer and manager Alex Rae is running the London Marathon this year to fundraise for Veterans’ Charity Erskine.

Alex’s training is well underway for the 26.2 mile challenge which has always been on his ‘bucket list’.

The ex-footballer who played for clubs both North and South of the border including Rangers, Dundee, Sunderland and Wolverhampton Wanderers, is proud to be raising money for Scotland’s Veterans and their spouses who live in Erskine’s four care homes and in cottages on the charity’s Veterans Village in Bishopton.

RSEA (Rangers Supporters Erskine Appeal) are backing Alex having secured shirt sponsorship from Sim & Son Funeral Directors in Glasgow and Vital Human Resources in Bellshill.  Joma have also very generously donated his running kit.

Alex recently visited The Erskine Home to meet some of the residents his fundraising will support.  He said: “This will be my first marathon and it is a privilege to be running it for Erskine.  They are a terrific charity.  Erskine’s Veterans have given so much for us I feel this is my opportunity to give something back to them.  A lot of the clubs I have played for over the years have had a strong connection with the military.  I am following a 20 week training programme and am looking forward to the challenge.”

Erskine’s Head of Fundraising and Communications Sara Bannerman said: “We are delighted that Alex has chosen to support Erskine by running the London Marathon.  We wish him all the very best with his training and on the big day. On the 26th April we will definitely be cheering him on up here in Scotland!  It is thanks to people like Alex we are able to care for and assist almost 1,000 Veterans each year through our nursing homes, accommodation, activities and employment support.”

You can support Alex by donating to his Virgin Money Giving Page

EOKWFcZWsAAvCFL.jpg

EOKWFcaWAAAfPEo.jpg

EOKWFdHX4AUXZgg.jpg

EOKWFdJX4AEcHXy.jpg

• govanblue changed the title to Alex Rae - Marathon for Erskine Veterans - Support him here...

Archived