Andy Firth

ForeverAndEver

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, RowX said:

I don’t see him being signed again as a replacement for Wes I’d be certain he’s strictly 3rd choice and a training keeper whilst the others are on loan, playing development squad games etc.  He had a similar role at Liverpool before and apparently has a great attitude 

Think you're bang on.

He's there to make up the numbers in training/bounce games and cheerlead from the bench, and what a fucking job that is for him going from Barrow to that.

14 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Think you're bang on.

He's there to make up the numbers in training/bounce games and cheerlead from the bench, and what a fucking job that is for him going from Barrow to that.

Great job, but also takes a certain personality and level of professionalism to do it well.  The fact he has been given contracts to do this in the past at Liverpool and now here shows he fits in well and is happy to be a part of the group.  I’m sure he’s a decent keeper too, to what level I’m not sure as I haven’t seen enough of him. 

Just now, RowX said:

Great job, but also takes a certain personality and level of professionalism to do it well.  The fact he has been given contracts to do this in the past at Liverpool and now here shows he fits in well and is happy to be a part of the group.  I’m sure he’s a decent keeper too, to what level I’m not sure as I haven’t seen enough of him. 

Yeah exactly mate which is why he's perfect for that role. Hard enough keeping your second choice goalkeeper happy never mind 3rd so to have someone who will train well, help with team morale and not be a bad apple is just what's needed. 

You get the impression he's just buzzing to be at such a big club and knows he has no chance of being first choice, albeit there may come a time where he'll want to see what level he could play first team football to.

Andy's like Andy Halliday, behind the scenes important squad players who are not on mega bucks but work ethic never questioned and help squad morale.

Firth's got the bug, going by he knows the words to alot our chants... he was leading the team at the end at the peadodome 

2 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

Andy's like Andy Halliday, behind the scenes important squad players who are not on mega bucks but work ethic never questioned and help squad morale.

Firth's got the bug, going by he knows the words to alot our chants... he was leading the team at the end at the peadodome 

He also came out and starting warming up midway through the second half at the Piggery. He wasn’t even on the bench :lol: 

19 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Yeah exactly mate which is why he's perfect for that role. Hard enough keeping your second choice goalkeeper happy never mind 3rd so to have someone who will train well, help with team morale and not be a bad apple is just what's needed. 

You get the impression he's just buzzing to be at such a big club and knows he has no chance of being first choice, albeit there may come a time where he'll want to see what level he could play first team football to.

19 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Think you're bang on.

i know he let one in, but honestly i was buzzing when he came on against kilmarnock (i think?) to go from barrow to playing for Rangers first team is some feat, even if he never plays a first team game again, he'll be able to tell his kids he played for the famous.

On 20/01/2020 at 12:18, plymouthranger said:

Wes did an interview the other day basically saying he’d wasted the last 2 years of his career. He won’t be hanging about come summer

That's his own fault ! and if that is how he feels about being given an opportunity to play in front of 50k fans from effing Swindon town he can gladly fuck off ! hate players like him no respect. 

How about impress better in training and work hard enough to not have lost your #1 spot. 

2 minutes ago, WeeJacksonRFC said:

That's his own fault ! and if that is how he feels about being given an opportunity to play in front of 50k fans from effing Swindon town he can gladly fuck off ! hate players like him no respect. 

How about impress better in training and work hard enough to not have lost your #1 spot. 

Tbf greegsy was always going to displace him, hes the best keeper this country has seen in a long time. And you cant blame his attitude; hes disappointed that he hasnt got a sniff but acknowledges that's down to the form of our number 1. 

McGregor is at an age where he needs to be playing to stay sharp, I doubt theres any malice in what fod says, it's a leading question to fill page space in a newspaper. 

4 minutes ago, WeeJacksonRFC said:

No respect :lol: 

20 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

He also came out and starting warming up midway through the second half at the Piggery. He wasn’t even on the bench :lol: 

🤣🤣he goes out to tell shagger to feign injury (allegedly) so Beale/Culshaw can get message to Davis.......watch it back, the steward actually chases him away and all their fans are booing.

Archived