Gerrard : Post Match Reaction

Virtuoso

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not sure how he can praise the defence when they had literally fuck all to do. Sounds to me like he is protecting his players for a second sub-par performance in a row.

Yeah praising your back five and then midfield three for protecting them against an opponent with barely one player in our half for most of the game is clutching at straws to say the least.

2 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Sorry boys and girls but this is what its gonnae take to win the league this year. We will need to grind it out over the next few weeks and  months and to be fair ill take that turgid shite just to stop the tarriers

We should be doing far better against a team sitting five points off bottom (and only one point of 2nd bottom) A performance on par with Stranraer last week.

Not good enough.

22 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not sure how he can praise the defence when they had literally fuck all to do. Sounds to me like he is protecting his players for a second sub-par performance in a row.

Or... since the cup final we’ve won 6 domestic games on the spin conceding 1 goal which should never have stood. 

St Mirren didn’t have a single shot on target and created 1 half chance. 

We weren’t clinical enough but all about the 3 points; particularly with 2 of our most important players missing.

Just now, Virtuoso said:

We should be doing far better against a team sitting five points off bottom (and only one point of 2nd bottom) A performance on par with Stranraer last week.

Not good enough.

I think the fact they played 5-4-1 and for most of the game they had 9 men behind the ball limits even the best of teams. In a perfect world i want to win 5-0 everyweek but Gerrard has brought a pragmatisim to the team that seems to be prevelent in england just now which is a win (however impressive or just scraping it) is still a win. Being honest i said if he could turn the draws into wins this season we are in with a shout of the title and thats the way its looking. 

4 minutes ago, Virtuoso said:

Not good enough.

We were excellent for 40 minutes against Aberdeen and fell apart to draw, then excellent in the cup final and came away with nothing. Give me tonight over the previous 2 everyday of the week

45 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The part about Ojo..

Depressing..

He’s bang on though, came on and done well.  Only thing that disappointed me is he took Aribo off for him.  Aribo was our best player tonight by far. 

14 minutes ago, GOAT said:

He’s bang on though, came on and done well.  Only thing that disappointed me is he took Aribo off for him.  Aribo was our best player tonight by far. 

He must have been fucked otherwise it’s baffling why he came off

7 minutes ago, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

We created a loads of chances tho? On another day a few could have went in.

On another day they could get lucky and it's two points dropped.

We seriously lack the ability to kill off far lesser teams, especially in games where we dominate.

11 minutes ago, GOAT said:

I understand that he's trying to encourage him but FFS Ono did Ok for 10mins  and no more and is getting praised, FFS 10 mins in a season lets not get carried away, and I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only one who doesn't get the hype of Aribo, granted he is playing out of position but even when he was playing in midfield I didn't see it either.

3 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Why we getting our knickers in a twist 

3pts .This time last year we were dropping points 

We move on to Hearts game .No damage 

Spot on, no way will we play brilliant every game, if we had dropped points tonight the  rightly so the performance should draw criticism but we didn't , 3pts more in the bag and we move on

5 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

I understand that he's trying to encourage him but FFS Ono did Ok for 10mins  and no more and is getting praised, FFS 10 mins in a season lets not get carried away, and I'm beginning to wonder if I'm the only one who doesn't get the hype of Aribo, granted he is playing out of position but even when he was playing in midfield I didn't see it either.

Isn’t that what he said though? He done well in his cameo?  So what’s to get annoyed about?  He did so well in his cameo. 

Archived