*** The Official Hearts V Rangers Match Thread***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Tav played at Tynecastle when we scrapped a draw. 

Tav & Wallace scored every week against Elgin, etc. a few years ago. I sit / stand near Tav for half a game, every second week & I see all his good & bad points first hand. Sorry.

From flying on the 29th December to absolute lame  v Stranraer/StMirren and Hearts in a few weeks, how the fuck can that occur?

Did we go to Dubai last winter break? if so do not go anywhere near sunshine and comfiness again, it takes the edge right off.

3 minutes ago, Don54 said:

The warning signs were there on Wednesday   and yet we still started with the same eleven today 

What worries me is Gerrard seems to think keeping a clean sheet and winning automatically means the same team starts the next game no matter how shite we’ve played, very concerning IMO

Seen all this pish too for a couple of weeks. “I would settle for a shite performance as long as we win 1-0”.

See when you start accepting shite as long as you win then being shite bites you in the arse.

Playing poor and winning is part of the game but planning on accepting it first is a losers mentality. 

Our players play like that.

Rangers beat Rangers again for me. Should have been 2-0 up at half-time, our counter attacking game was hurting them and that's how we got 1-0 up then we do what we do and fanny about. I'm not suggesting that we were vintage Rangers for 55 minutes but we had created 3 or 4 chances compared to Hearts zero.

Kamara for their first goal was horrendous. Two? Three times? To clear and held on and held on. Once again we haven't learned from celtic at Ibrox or away to Young Boys. Losing the ball in your own third fucks everything up, it's one of the reasons why Liverpool are the best team in Europe.

After that did we create anything? They had two central midfielders playing at full back, 4 strikers on the park and no shape or rhythm to their play but we just let them get on top of us and rather than exploiting their clear weaknesses we offered nothing. The defending and positioning for their second was absent and pretty embarrassing. More so the tracking from midfield than the back 4 itself.

I had no doubt that we'd drop points before the split but it's the manner today that hurts, a little like Aberdeen.

Just now, ronniescu said:

Tav & Wallace scored every week against Elgin, etc. a few years ago. I sit / stand near Tav for half a game, every second week & I see all his good & bad points first hand. Sorry.

Today for me it was the midfield, don’t I’ve seen all 3 have a howler at the same time. 
Which has to be a worry, it now looks like Jack will be out for however long which compounds a shite display. 

Anycunt trying to sugarcoat today is deluded.

We've fucked it. 

We all knew today was going to be a battle and we rolled over and let them tickle our arsehole.

Our midfield 3 were pathetic. They should have demanded the ball and controlled the game, instead we let them play the game down the channels. 

I don't think today could have been much worse than it panned out and if you're trying to shrug it off you're either deluded or a tarrier.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Blaming Flanagan or Polster is just wrong.

The 3 in midfield and up front were absolutely howling.

We played for maybe ten minutes in the whole game today, we were never going to win we just didnt work as hard as Hearts.

4 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Exactly.

All the fucking idiots papering over the cracks with the “if we play that way and win 1-0 every week” patter. 

Been minging since winter break and players are picking up all sorts of injuries. 

100% and worryingly the coaching staff seem to feel the same way 

If you play that poorly at home to St Mirren and you’ve got a tough away game coming up you’ve got to look at why you were so poor and consider what you can do to rectify the issues. 

Lazy management cost us today as well as poor attitude and horrible individual errors 

29 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

You are probably right but I cannot just give up hope at the moment however shite I feel.  We are now playing catch up which is so fucking annoying.

It is annoying mate, but we have been down this road before and we know how it ends.We needed to strengthen in January with a couple of decent players and we haven’t if that is down to funds or the belief we don’t need to I don’t know.

But what I do know is with this squad we will struggle more than them in beating the other teams and once they get in front by a few points we won’t catch up and will finish second and then in the close season we can all shout how we will win the league etc etc fucking depressing etc.

26 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Used to think he (Kamara) was a bit like Kante & good at breaking up oponents' play but he always wants a touch or two too much & gets caught more & more regularly. 

I hate slagging guys off for one bad performance .It’s going to take quite a while to forget what I seen today from him 

20 minutes ago, Don54 said:

The warning signs were there on Wednesday   and yet we still started with the same eleven today 

The scary thought is that Gerrard keeps acknowledging that the players aren't performing and then continues to pick these same players.  He said the same thing today but you get the feeling a lot of the guys who have been struggling will get picked again.

Just now, jim beam said:

It is annoying mate, but we have been down this road before and we know how it ends.We needed to strengthen in January with a couple of decent players and we haven’t if that is down to funds or the belief we don’t need to I don’t know.

But what I do know is with this squad we will struggle more than them in beating the other teams and once they get in front by a few points we won’t catch up and will finish second and then in the close season we can all shout how we will win the league etc etc fucking depressing etc.

Not much to disagree with there mate, I  am trying to be as positive as I can but I am far from convincing myself.

Heading out to a concert catch up later.

27 minutes ago, GazzaNumber8 said:

Polster played one hit and hope cross that came to nothing. He's fucking awful.

Tell me this, do you understand a hit and hope ball as opposed to a a perfectly weighted ball that gets in behind a defence? That pass from Polster was similar to the pass that De Bruyne gave for Aguero to score in midweek, not that i'm comparing Polster to De Bruyne in any way.  Our who.e problem today is that we never had a midfielder who could control the pace of the game and dominate the midfield. Also today hihlighted just how much we need a fully fit Tavernier to get beyond a defence, he's integral to our system of play.

We beat the scum and suddenly 55 is in the bag, I said before the game this would be a struggle and by fuck did we struggle, we couldn't match the fight from the worst team in the league, there will be more to come at places like rugby park etc unless we get the finger out.

Just now, BlueboyG said:

We beat the scum and suddenly 55 is in the bag, I said before the game this would be a struggle and by fuck did we struggle, we couldn't match the fight from the worst team in the league, there will be more to come at places like rugby park etc unless we get the finger out.

Arrogance and short term memory of some supporters is quite staggering at times 

The same people that thought we’d win 4/5-0 at Tynecastle earlier in the season thought the same today and it looked like the team thought themselves that they just had to turn up 

Just now, BlueboyG said:

What I don’t understand .Why do the scum never face the same fight 

Although the fuck up was purely ours 

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

The same people that thought we’d win 4/5-0 at Tynecastle earlier in the season thought the same today and it looked like the team thought themselves that they just had to turn up 

I genuinely never listen to guys that spout off these cricket scores before away games 

2 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Its the RM pendulum. Goes from expecting 5 nil wins to demanding every cunt gets sacked or punted. And back again.

Archived