Defoe to be signed permanently

Marky.

31 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

Was on 65k a week at Bournemouth was he not?

Can't be arsed working out the exact maths but that would work out at about 20k a week, which is still too much for someone of that age regardless of his 'pedigree'.

Think it was 100k with Bournemouth paying 65k while he was here on loan

Obviously we're only going on what the papers are saying but agreed too much for someone of his age & given the fact he's our 2nd choice striker.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

Was on 65k a week at Bournemouth was he not?

Can't be arsed working out the exact maths but that would work out at about 20k a week, which is still too much for someone of that age regardless of his 'pedigree'.

Well he was pedigree this afternoon. Pedigree chum. As well as all the other 'experienced players' embarrassing performances from 90% of the team. 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The biggest fault with Defoe is that he’s not Morelos.

It’s amazing how average some look when Buff isn’t there.

The biggest fault is not adapting to the differences between Morelos and Defoe - Morelos is unique, Defoe has never ran the line solo, held it up or out jumped defenders in the air.

Why we think he will now do it at 38 is beyond me

Balls in behind/up the channel and runners from midfield is what he needs

And yes some bang average operators when Morelos is missing 👍🏻

Our forward players cannot adapt it really is that simple. 

Playing 60 yard high balls to Defoe who has almost never held the ball up in his life is bordering on absolutely embarrassing from professional Footballers who can’t play to one of the best British strikers of our generations strengths 

Just now, Super Ally Scores Again! said:

The biggest fault is not adapting to the differences between Morelos and Defoe - Morelos is unique, Defoe has never ran the line solo, held it up or out jumped defenders in the air.

Why we think he will now do it at 38 is beyond me

Balls in behind/up the channel and runners from midfield is what he needs

And yes some bang average operators when Morelos is missing 👍🏻

It wasn’t a criticism of Defoe, he’s a poacher type where as Alfie is a wrecking ball.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Our forward players cannot adapt it really is that simple. 

Playing 60 yard high balls to Defoe who has almost never held the ball up in his life is bordering on absolutely embarrassing from professional Footballers who can’t play to one of the best British strikers of our generations strengths 

They don’t have the skill sets to do it.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

They don’t have the skill sets to do it.

I like Aribo, one of our more attacking players but between St Mirren and today he’s had at least 5 opportunities to dig the ball either batter it or curl it into the top bin and he’s opted to play the pass. 

Said before I’ll be deed by the time we start scoring regularly from 20 yards

Just now, Prso's headband said:

I like Aribo, one of our more attacking players but between St Mirren and today he’s had at least 5 opportunities to dig the ball either batter it or curl it into the top bin and he’s opted to play the pass. 

Defoe needs a 10 just behind him slipping balls through.

Aribo was horrific in first half. A man down.

14 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The biggest fault with Defoe is that he’s not Morelos.

It’s amazing how average some look when Buff isn’t there.

This. We badly need an outball when Morelos is unavailable because Defoe is as good as a man down up front himself in these types of games. 

7 minutes ago, King Jela said:

This. We badly need an outball when Morelos is unavailable because Defoe is as good as a man down up front himself in these types of games. 

Fault of the rest of the team imo. Defoe has never been a hold up player in his whole career yet our players play like Morelos is up top and will get us 20-30 yards up the park.

Criminal that our forward players can’t adapt to the striker we have up top

10 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Goldson against celtic and their first goal today don’t happen if Alfie in team.

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Fault of the rest of the team imo. Defoe has never been a hold up player in his whole career yet our players play like Morelos is up top and will get us 20-30 yards up the park.

Criminal that our forward players can’t adapt to the striker we have up top

We don’t have any forward types.

Aribo does no more than a Job on the right and what the fuck has happened to Kents ability to beat a man?

22 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I'm 69 in a couple if weeks, so I'll be deed before you m8.

35 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Think it was 100k with Bournemouth paying 65k while he was here on loan

Obviously we're only going on what the papers are saying but agreed too much for someone of his age & given the fact he's our 2nd choice striker.

Horrendous wage for a guy of his age, that and the obscene amount airfields on too

Defoe can and will do a job for this team.

The issue here is we keep using him like he's the exact same as morelos. Playing long balls and expecting him to hold it up is madness. 

He needs support up front from the wings and via a midfielder playing just behind him. 

We are playing with two inside forwards like Liverpool do. Difference is they play 3 goalscoring strikers up there, we play a midfielder, a winger and a striker. We need 2 new strikers for next season and tbh could be doing with one of them now 

30 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It was rumoured by one paper and copied as fact by others. No quotes. We don't have a clue what he's on.

Neil McCann on sky sports last year when he moved to us said he was on 80 grand a week at Bournemouth , doubt he would make that up or go by a paper

2 minutes ago, pcbear said:

His shooting when he did get a glimpse of goal was pretty poor, or he took a touch too much and got caught .

His inability to stay clear of, far less run away from  defenders when put through is a worry.

His record has been great, but he looked completely anonymous compared to what was on the other side today.

Don’t know what he’ll look like in May 2021.

4 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

We are playing with two inside forwards like Liverpool do. Difference is they play 3 goalscoring strikers up there, we play a midfielder, a winger and a striker. We need 2 new strikers for next season and tbh could be doing with one of them now 

Gerrard doesn't think so if he's signed Defoe for another year, he wouldn't have signed to be 3 rd striker

5 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Neil McCann on sky sports last year when he moved to us said he was on 80 grand a week at Bournemouth , doubt he would make that up or go by a paper

How much is he on with us, and can you provide a credible source? That's all I'm asking for. You've said 35k. I think that's a made up figure.

Archived