Transfer inactivity

Ted E Bayer

22 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

We need someone up front that can play right across the front line as cover but sort from that we are ok. 
You aren’t going to get anyone that’s that great in this window anyway. 

Kamara, Davis and Defoe last year, but that was a very unusual opportunity, A lot more difficult now though the team is at least 1 level better than it was last year, You just need to look at us taking an EPL winner coming in on loan in the summer and he couldn't get near the team 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

I think we should keep Herrera around until the end of the season

You might get pelters for that one, But he could possibly be as good as we are likely to get as a back up to Defoe and he won't be too bothered sitting about doing fuck all for 4 months 

Guaranteed if we took a punt on shankland last season and loaned him to say dundee united and he was scoring the way he has been, does anyone really think the quoted price tag would be anywhere near 3million. 

doubt he would have an international cap as well. 

fuck scottish football.

Yet we wonder why barely any youth are making it in to the team... Instead of having a younger player being the 3rd choice we all want 3 layers of starting depth not an ideal financial model for running a business either having players on high wages sitting as the 3rd choice. We are always going to be playing one up top, whether that be against celtic or St Mirren its just how the rest of the team lines up dictates the formation.

Don't get me wrong I realise this is our ideal chance to win the league and break their run of dominance but I just think if we throw the whole bank balance at it we risk a lot if it doesn't work out:

- financially

- squad harmony/match sharpness (no point having a great 3rd choice striker if he isn't match ready or  is moaning his arse off)

- youth opportunities

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

He would barely play for us. 

He's not good enough off the ball and doesn't have the intelligence of Alfie or defoe 

He’s really improved off the ball. It’s one of the areas he’s been praised for alongside his goal scoring. 

19 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

One of the problems we have is that despite all the promising youths we have none seem to be nearly ready for the top team squad as a number 9. Even someone training regularly with the 1st team squad and banging them in regularly with the development team would be better than what we have. Dont think theres anyone even close in the current youths squad.

This is one of the few areas where I’m critical of the club.

We should have a couple of promising youngsters bursting to play anywhere across the front three and I thought Rudden and the like would provide that.

No sign of a real prospect coming through.

What really troubles me is look at Harry kane....out for possibly until may..possibly could miss Euros with Grade 2-3 ,torn hamstring  consequently Spurs have completely dropped off because they rely so much on him. It ain't worth thinking about if this was to happening to alfie because defoe just cudnt carry us to the the title, So am wondering if Gerrard is looking in the market for loans...but just isn't making it public who's on his radar.

3 minutes ago, Rlm said:

What really troubles me is look at Harry kane....out for possibly until may..possibly could miss Euros with Grade 2-3 ,torn hamstring  consequently Spurs have completely dropped off because they rely so much on him. It ain't worth thinking about if this was to happening to alfie because defoe just cudnt carry us to the the title, So am wondering if Gerrard is looking in the market for loans...but just isn't making it public who's on his radar.

Tottenham have been shite all season.

Shankland is Jason Cummings 2.0, don’t think he improves us and sitting third choice would only hamper is development. 

I would like to see us get a left back because the thought of Barisic getting injured and being left with Flanagan/Halliday scares me. But if we bring anyone in their attitude has to be right, can’t have someone affecting the morale of the squad. 

2 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

We should take a punt on Shankland and get a good quality RW on loan. Would also like to see Middleton brought back into the fold.

Not what we need. Also there's no way they'll sell us Shankland for a non-ridiculous fee and I'm not sure he'll want to come and sit as third/fourth striker!

9 minutes ago, chris182 said:

Not what we need. Also there's no way they'll sell us Shankland for a non-ridiculous fee and I'm not sure he'll want to come and sit as third/fourth striker!

How would he be fourth choice? He’s also seemingly a massive bluenose so I’m sure he’d jump at the chance to come and prove himself here. 

29 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

He’s really improved off the ball. It’s one of the areas he’s been praised for alongside his goal scoring. 

I watched him again vs hibs last week and he looked the exact same as the day he played against us for Ayr. 

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Well it wasnt evident against Hibs, he hardly touched the ball outside the goal. 

I actually feel quite bad for being vocal against the boy as he's one of us and I actually don't mind him but for me people are only seeing his goals. 

Let's no kid on here Alfredo is miles ahead of him, defoe is also on another level and the debate about him is pretty ridiculous when you consider that unless they two were out injured or we had Elgin at home in the cup he wouldn't start for us. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Maybe the right player we're looking for hasn't become available? 

No point in bringing in somebody just for the sake of it. 

Seems people are desperate for just anyone to come in. 

We will bring one in I think but I don't want another Stewart, barker, flannigan type who all they really are is cover. 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Seems people are desperate for just anyone to come in. 

We will bring one in I think but I don't want another Stewart, barker, flannigan type who all they really are is cover. 

Them across the road haven't brought anybody in that's going to strengthen their best 11.

The problem we have is that we need a stronger bench but it's unlikely you're gonna find that quality for a reasonable price in January. 

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Them across the road haven't brought anybody in that's going to strengthen their best 11.

The problem we have is that we need a stronger bench but it's unlikely you're gonna find that quality for a reasonable price in January. 

Definitely need a starting quality RW.

Vuckic is available on a pre-contract.  He’s doing well in the Dutch top-tier this season.  A guy who is left footed, plays on the right, can score goals. 
0B8674AF-F575-4DAA-83AB-351C65BEBCBF.thumb.png.9c69105141b1392455fc443b83a9098c.png

I’m sure everyone on RangersMedia agrees with me on this one.

1 minute ago, TMB said:

Vuckic is available on a pre-contract.  He’s doing well in the Dutch top-tier this season.  A guy who is left footed, plays on the right, can score goals. 
0B8674AF-F575-4DAA-83AB-351C65BEBCBF.thumb.png.9c69105141b1392455fc443b83a9098c.png

I’m sure everyone on RangersMedia agrees with me in this one.

Ffs bud convinced ur a troll 😂😂

3 hours ago, Ted E Bayer said:

Are we making a mistake not bringing in a player or two to add some more creativity and depth middle to front?

Our rivals look to be adding another couple of players obviously recognising that they need to strengthen following our domination in the last two games.

I would like us to bring in another striker for cover if either Morelos or Defo are injured. Obvious suggestion would be Shankland and someone to open up defences should also be a must. Specifically for those types of games against the likes of St Mirren that park the bus.

It would be hard to take letting them pip us to the title knowing we had the opportunity to strengthen while we are ahead but instead we sit back while they improve their squad.

shankland would cost around 3 mill  for a striker with no record in the premier league  also utd will not let him go till end of season for the same reasons we have with alfredo  it is not easy to get the type of player you suggest and they cost lots of money

Archived