Transfer inactivity

Ted E Bayer

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Ted E Bayer said:

Are we making a mistake not bringing in a player or two to add some more creativity and depth middle to front?

Our rivals look to be adding another couple of players obviously recognising that they need to strengthen following our domination in the last two games.

I would like us to bring in another striker for cover if either Morelos or Defo are injured. Obvious suggestion would be Shankland and someone to open up defences should also be a must. Specifically for those types of games against the likes of St Mirren that park the bus.

It would be hard to take letting them pip us to the title knowing we had the opportunity to strengthen while we are ahead but instead we sit back while they improve their squad.

Shankland would just be another Nicky Clark in my opinion. We need better than both of those players. 

4 hours ago, Ted E Bayer said:

Are we making a mistake not bringing in a player or two to add some more creativity and depth middle to front?

Our rivals look to be adding another couple of players obviously recognising that they need to strengthen following our domination in the last two games.

I would like us to bring in another striker for cover if either Morelos or Defo are injured. Obvious suggestion would be Shankland and someone to open up defences should also be a must. Specifically for those types of games against the likes of St Mirren that park the bus.

It would be hard to take letting them pip us to the title knowing we had the opportunity to strengthen while we are ahead but instead we sit back while they improve their squad.

In the manager we trust, I’m sure if SG wants the right player then it will happen. Hopefully the days of just jersey filling are way behind us

2 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Corrie's the soap of the gays mate.

Real men watch Emmerdale and Easties.

Ok big boy, I'll keep that in mind :mutley:

Corrie Loyalists, Rovers Return RSC , tickets for the game, and a Betty's hot pot when you come back, 🇬🇧😁

28 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

No and that wasn’t a criticism of Aribo, but he’s not a RW like Kent is a LW.

Would be an excellent option to have and think most people have said this. 

I agree.  Aribo’s done well on the RW but he very much looks like a central midfielder who has been shoehorned out there.  He can’t take on and go past full-backs in the way Kent does.  

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Tottenham have been shite all season.

Well my point wasnt about spurs being shite.they still 6th and in last 16 of champions league which isn't too bad...its more to the fact kane is heavily relied on to get the important goals like morelos is here. 

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Arfield, Ojo, Flanagan, Defoe. 

The drop off in quality is so plain to see. 

This Jan was the time to go all in. Give the squad a boost and a few a kick up the back side.

I blame the board as we should have done a couple of early signings as everyone knows the squad is weak 

5 minutes ago, berkshirebear said:

Why Jones? He looked dangerous until his injury? Agree with the others though! 

Think he's a very meh player. Same as alot of our second liners. Marginally better maybe, but still not good enough.

Here in lies our biggest problem when gerrard came in we had a lot of dead wood that we needed to get shot of. But then with a lot of his signings and loans he just added to the dead wood and now we have nearly a full team of fringe players that are nowhere near good enough for the first team and it shows. I'm not saying we are not going to win the league there is still A long way to go but if we suffer any more injuries or suspensions we will struggle if we need to rely on players such as ojo ,barker, Flanagan,Halliday ect.

Archived