Panic Buy?

scottyc06

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, fin8577 said:

We need a striker this window today showed if Alfie or Defoe are out we have no-one on the bench to change it up with if we need it.  Also We need a creative right winger to give us options 

Given that our default setting once we run out of ideas after 10 minutes is to repeatedly launch high balls up the park, I'm amazed that we don't even seem to have looked for a squad striker who would be suited to that style of play.

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

We would be wasting money buying. You can’t buy a winning mentality and we don’t have the money to buy players with that mindset. That’s why we have the guys we have. Players that win things come at a premium. This league isn’t over because of points or we aren’t good enough. I just don’t think we will win it because we are mentally incapable. 

That's pretty much it. You cant play the way they did at easter road, fir park and parkhead before Christmas and then fuck off to dubai and play like we have since without it being down to attitude and mentality. A lot of those players have been resting on there laurels since the shut down and attitudes like that don't win leagues as simple as that. Lennon said after the old firm game that he wasn't worried and I thought at the time he was at it, you can see where he was coming from though. He probably thought it was fairly certain we would blow it and so we have.

1 minute ago, MurrayWilson said:

That's pretty much it. You cant play the way they did at easter road, fir park and parkhead before Christmas and then fuck off to dubai and play like we have since without it being down to attitude and mentality. A lot of those players have been resting on there laurels since the shut down and attitudes like that don't win leagues as simple as that. Lennon said after the old firm game that he wasn't worried and I thought at the time he was at it, you can see where he was coming from though. He probably thought it was fairly certain we would blow it and so we have.

Fuck that, seriously.  What else was he going to say "I'm terrified"?

We fucked it today but lets not conclude there's a master plan in the East End that knew what was going to happen: we proved they are more than beatable and they will lose again so calm down before bigging him up like some form of melted faced, ginger Yoda.

1 minute ago, Copeland1983 said:

Fuck that, seriously.  What else was he going to say "I'm terrified"?

We fucked it today but lets not conclude there's a master plan in the East End that knew what was going to happen: we proved they are more than beatable and they will lose again so calm down before bigging him up like some form of melted faced, ginger Yoda.

Its hardly a master plan, and im not bigging him up . Im more trying to make the point that it was probably entirely predictable that we would fuck it up. Pretty much exactly like last year and if we lose this league it wont be because they are that great its because we simply don't have the required mentality to win it. God knows I hope to fuck im wrong though.

22 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

Cummings panic buy, obvs.

Cummings MOTM. Cracking the jokes like fuck on the post match. Nutter! Came on as second half sub and scored two, making it 2-2 and a million pound payday at Anfield. Shrewsbury had two clear penalties turned down and a goal called offside.

Game changer?!

Stevie on the phone to him as I type.

13 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Cummings MOTM. Cracking the jokes like fuck on the post match. Nutter! Came on as second half sub and scored two, making it 2-2 and a million pound payday at Anfield. Shrewsbury had two clear penalties turned down and a goal called offside.

Game changer?!

Stevie on the phone to him as I type.

SHUT THE FUCK UP

You can’t buy players that go 1-0 up at Tynecastle to have the mental strength to go and step on their throat or have the bullish bit about them to defend the lead. 

Our mentality against the wee teams in Scotland is fucking embarrassing. We need to get away from this wee team mentality that we beat the tarriers and the league is done. 

Couldn’t give a fuck if we scudded them 6-0, you lose or draw the next game and you’re back at square one. 

Walter Smith said youve got to win the game before and the game after an OF game, we’re incapable of putting pressure on

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

No need for a panic buy. We just need Stevie to stop picking his blue eyed shitebags.

To add, we also need to face up to the fact that Arfield is dug shite and all this oh we need to bring on Arfield. He again went MIA soon after he was on, far less his serious lack of ability.

I'd pick him before Davis tbh

2 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Arfield is thick as two short planks and not one ounce of ability. Doing a headless chicken act for five minutes, don't count.

At least you can rely on him to put a boot in and not do a disappearing act. Davis can have all the ability in the world but if a game isn't going his way he is a coward and goes hiding. Was exactly the same the first time around. 

If there's no funds to buy players in this transfer window the signing that always baffles me is Helander. That money should have been set aside for Jan. Helander is a good player but centre back was never a big weakness of ours. 

In the summer we'll lose Morelos, likely Barasic aswell, so it could be even harder to win the league next season (if we don't win it this year). 

This transfer window is therefore pivotal. If we had the Helander money in this window we bring in badly needed reinforements. It may be we have money but transfers, or loans, just haven't come off.

Archived