Sign in to follow this  
scottyc06

Panic Buy?

I honestly think we need to sign a big strong target man type striker. We cant rely on defoe on his own up there when morelos is suspended or injured. Sort this out or it will bite us in the arse.

However I see us signing no one this window and i really dont think we have enough to fight until the end. 

HG5 and Bearsden bear like this

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Oh you fucking can. It's called players who have a fucking spine. It's not all about technical ability, but about balance in the team and we just happen to have too many that are both spineless and limited.

I thought Stendel had screwed up by binning Berra, thinking he was casting aside a wealth of experience, possibly who was holding it together.

Couldn’t have been more wrong.

Young guys with legs & attitude (plus a returning old head & new signing) denied us all but a couple of opportunities and put us under pressure like we’ve rarely seen over the last 2 seasons.

Bobby Hume and Blue Avenger like this

1 hour ago, HG5 said:

I thought Stendel had screwed up by binning Berra, thinking he was casting aside a wealth of experience, possibly who was holding it together.

Couldn’t have been more wrong.

Young guys with legs & attitude (plus a returning old head & new signing) denied us all but a couple of opportunities and put us under pressure like we’ve rarely seen over the last 2 seasons.

Tell you what, that animal that plays up front for the sheep could do us a turn. I think Gerrard would tame him and harness the animal in him to be put to better use and learn off Defoe to strike up a decent partneship, as this playing only the one way when Alfie isn't available isn't working.

Maybe grasping at straws, but our options are limited.

HG5 likes this

4 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I always said no point of signing a striker but Alfie is one booking away from suspension and if he’s red carded he misses 4 matches.

A loan striker and buy a fucking CAM who can dictate a game, score goals and play forward passes.

Don’t think that’s true. There’s a post on FF about having so many bookings in the first 19 games. We’re now past that so it’s 12 bookings in 38 games and second yellows in  a game don’t count towards that. So he’s 7/8 bookings away from his next suspension. 

its something along those line. 

69:

OK, did a bit more digging. Second cautions in a match, leading to a dismissal, are NOT included in the total number of bookings for an additional suspension. So the second yellows to Morelos against Motherwell and the Dhims do not count towards his accumulated total. That means he was on just 3 booking after the Motherwell game. His second against the Dhims on matchday 19 also doesn't count towards the accumulated total either - but the caution he got after the final whistle 'might'. Even if it does that would only take him to 5 in the first 19 games so he wouldn't be over the threshold. That threshold requires 6 bookings in the first 19 league games. The next threshold is 12 bookings in 38 games and by my reckoning he is currently on a maximum of 5, perhaps just the 4.

His two game league suspension, therefore, was 1 game for the dismissal and a second game for it being his second dismissal of the season. He is NOT 1 game away from a suspension for accumulated bookings, he is at least 7, and maybe even 8, bookings away from a suspension for accumulated bookings.

The bit about accumulated yellows is in the Judicial Protocol, page 128, para 2.2.2.

found the post 

24 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Tell you what, that animal that plays up front for the sheep could do us a turn. I think Gerrard would tame him and harness the animal in him to be put to better use and learn off Defoe to strike up a decent partneship, as this playing only the one way when Alfie isn't available isn't working.

Maybe grasping at straws, but our options are limited.

Good thinking.

Clear that JD will do us a turn, but strictly conditional on us playing to his strengths.

If we can’t force that, we’ll struggle.

As the pressure ramps up, we can’t discount further absences for Alfredo, so this may not be the last time we have to line up like today.

So some support to get JD into the game, hopefully, would do the trick.

As seen this very day with Boyce, players are out there, and don’t need to cost the earth. Him & Paysmith looked like they’d played together for years.

Be interesting to see if the sheep would let us have the individual you have in mind😂

Blue Avenger likes this

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Any suggestions on signings?

Big Dykes from Livingstone.

He ragdolled Julian and gave Goldson a hard time. Think it has to be a guy of similar ilk for this league that can play through the middle on his own, hold up play and be an arial threat etc

Few comments on here about us needing to sign a number 10.  I agree. But its not going to happen because gerrard is clearly wanting to emulate the Liverpool way of playing of 4-3-3 with three holding midfielders, two wide men and a number 9. 

Just pointing this out. 

Apart from his goals, Kent has offered very little for the fee paid to be the difference.  Wide right is as pish as it was when Candeais was there, no taking on players, no real goal threat and Defoe is generally being isolated and doesn’t have the pace to run away from defenders.  Last third wins you games, and our last third is as weak as fuck