Fixtures Up To The Next OF

scottyc06

38 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Shite performance today along with some great performances in other games and i'm sure there'll be ups and downs for the rest of the season as well.

You should probably prepare yourself before the season starts to accept the fact we won't win every game tbh.

Shite against Stranraer, shite against St Mirren, shite against Hearts, shite since we started back but Stevie never saw it coming. 
This has got nothing to do with not winning every game and to be honest that comment by you just make you look like a clown. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We do miss the Buff, there is no doubt about it. I'm surprised Kent has gotten away easy on here today. I guess because he scored He is the most frustrating player. I'm still not sold on Aribo in the way like Gerrard & Nigeria are.

I agree on Kent, thought he was terrible today and wasn’t any better against St Mirren. 
Aribo needs time to learn that position and needs to work on his final ball and finishing, that said it does worry me that Stevie has him out there because he doesn’t believe he can play in the middle and handle the far more tactical aspects of the game. 

28 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Hopefully , I’m hoping they’ll not fancy Motherwell on a Wednesday night 

Me too mate...there's still plenty hurdles to overcome and its Football and anything is possible. 

5 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

Ross County H (St Johnstone A)

Aberdeen H (Hamilton A)

Hibs H (Motherwell A)

Kilmarnock A (Hearts H)

Livingston H (Aberdeen A)

St Johnstone A (Kilmarnock H)

Hamilton H (Livingston A)

Ross County A (St Mirren H)

Fenians H 

Hit the fear massively after today’s result and where we are in terms of the league. Obviously massive changes in our level of performance are needed since the break but we know full well that the level is there, it’s just ensuring we reach it week in week out.

After Aberdeen at Pittodrie, we knew a reaction was needed & we definitely got one for the remainder of December. A lot of people at that point hinted if we got to the break, 2 points behind then we would have a good chance due to how the fixtures fell.

The game in hand makes it look worse but we are essentially in that position & a look at the fixtures above would hint that we have a good chance of going into that OF in March looking to reclaim top spot (possibly still with our game in hand). 

Key games for us are likely to be Aberdeen, Hibs & Killie. The two at Ibrox should take care of themselves with the “big game” feeling pushing the team on. Killie, despite their form are on of those teams for us. For them, Livi & Motherwell away are potential banana skins. Hearts at home & Aberdeen away will go as they always do for them. 

As mentioned though, there needs to be a big reaction from us before any of this is relevant but we’re more than capable of getting that reaction. 

I am sorry mate, whilst your post in general is a good one, the very fact that this was your thought (and many others) is a huge part of the problem.

Why is the game against them peoples first though? Why does every OF game need to be the marker?

We need to stop getting ahead of ourselves, we have Ross County on Wednesday who sit higher than St Mirren in the league and who kept Hearts comfortably at bay last week, we will do well to beat them if we play like we have in the previous 3 games! 

3 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I agree on Kent, thought he was terrible today and wasn’t any better against St Mirren. 
Aribo needs time to learn that position and needs to work on his final ball and finishing, that said it does worry me that Stevie has him out there because he doesn’t believe he can play in the middle and handle the far more tactical aspects of the game. 

Has this been pulled from a quote or something?

I always thought/suspected he was playing there because he is better than anyone else we have in that position!

2 hours ago, Del said:

Has this been pulled from a quote or something?

I always thought/suspected he was playing there because he is better than anyone else we have in that position!

Given gerrards insistence on playing arfield out right for a lot of the earlier part of the season, you have to imagine he put aribo there and kept him there partly down to him being poor in the middle in which he was very poor at times

To me it looks like aribo hasnt gotten used to the whole fight aspect of the scottish league yet, he's like a better version of zelalem if you will, still lacking in heart for the fight

6 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Shite against Stranraer, shite against St Mirren, shite against Hearts, shite since we started back but Stevie never saw it coming. 
This has got nothing to do with not winning every game and to be honest that comment by you just make you look like a clown. 

If it's got nothing to do with not winning every game, then what's your point?

celtic were absolutely shite in the cup final and we were brilliant, but still lost.

If you look at our title winning teams in the past, you'll find plenty of games where we played shite, but still came away with the win - you'll probably find a few loses and draws in there as well, believe it or not. 

I'm starting to think that you don't understand what your own argument is here tbh.

1 hour ago, BlueMe said:

If it's got nothing to do with not winning every game, then what's your point?

celtic were absolutely shite in the cup final and we were brilliant, but still lost.

If you look at our title winning teams in the past, you'll find plenty of games where we played shite, but still came away with the win - you'll probably find a few loses and draws in there as well, believe it or not. 

I'm starting to think that you don't understand what your own argument is here tbh.

Oh here we go with title winning teams of the past. Those teams were full of winners they had the mentality it took, the current lot don’t have that mentality and it’s looking like they never will. 
You mention the scum a team that knows how to win, they get played off the pitch in a final and still win, if we get played off the pitch in any game we won’t win. Oh we have played shite and won against inferior teams can’t remember ever beating a better team or the scum for that matter when we have been the poorer team. 

I know for a fact you have no idea what you are talking about if you can’t see what’s right in front of your face. 

32 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Oh here we go with title winning teams of the past. Those teams were full of winners they had the mentality it took, the current lot don’t have that mentality and it’s looking like they never will. 
You mention the scum a team that knows how to win, they get played off the pitch in a final and still win, if we get played off the pitch in any game we won’t win. Oh we have played shite and won against inferior teams can’t remember ever beating a better team or the scum for that matter when we have been the poorer team. 

I know for a fact you have no idea what you are talking about if you can’t see what’s right in front of your face. 

Grinding out results is the sign of champions is it not, or is that only the case when it's celtic doing it? I'm confused by your logic here tbh.

We've had poor performances against Kilmarnock, Stranraer, St Mirren etc and still won - we've also showed plenty of mentality in Europe getting results against top opposition when we haven't been the better team, so fuck knows what you're talking about. 

You're all over the place here mate.

15 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Grinding out results is the sign of champions is it not, or is that only the case when it's celtic doing it? I'm confused by your logic here tbh.

We've had poor performances against Kilmarnock, Stranraer, St Mirren etc and still won - we've also showed plenty of mentality in Europe getting results against top opposition when we haven't been the better team, so fuck knows what you're talking about. 

You're all over the place here mate.

Oh deary me you just don’t get it do you, happy to play shite football as long as we are grinding out results, then when it bites us on the arse it’s simply one of those things and you bang on about winning teams doing this all the time, but you can’t win them all blah blah blah. 

Tell me what has this team won?? 

Any game in Europe under Stevie where we have got something, for large parts of that game we have been the better team. What you can say about Europe is we have had games where we have been the better team by far and lost.

Only person that is all over the place is you, you simply can’t grasp that folk saw this coming since we came back from the break. It’s the same flaws by the same players as last year. 

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Oh deary me you just don’t get it do you, happy to play shite football as long as we are grinding out results, then when it bites us on the arse it’s simply one of those things and you bang on about winning teams doing this all the time, but you can’t win them all blah blah blah. 

Tell me what has this team won?? 

Any game in Europe under Stevie where we have got something, for large parts of that game we have been the better team. What you can say about Europe is we have had games where we have been the better team by far and lost.

Only person that is all over the place is you, you simply can’t grasp that folk saw this coming since we came back from the break. It’s the same flaws by the same players as last year. 

Who's happy to play shite football?

The part about "Any game in Europe under Stevie where we have got something, for large parts of that game we have been the better team." Is pish as well tbh.

The game against Ufa is one that comes to mind straight away where we showed mentality - Going down to 9 men for most of the game and still coming away with a point. Also- Villarreal away, Porto. 

I'm not disagreeing with you about us being pish after the winter break - we haven't been good enough, but it's far too early to start panicking.

3 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

Bla bla bla the usual look at the next group of games. They have never won more than 6 on the spin in Gerrards time.

That was the point I was about to make, we seem to always win 4 or 5 on the spin then hit a bump, the 1-1 draw at tynecastle was after 4 straight wins in the league, the 2-2 draw at Pittodrie was after 5 straight wins and yesterdays loss was after 5 straight wins....it's a strange pattern we keep finding ourselves in, it doesn't look to me that we can go and win 8,9 or 10 on the bounce as someone mentioned earlier 

Just now, BlueMe said:

Who's happy to play shite football?

The part about "Any game in Europe under Stevie where we have got something, for large parts of that game we have been the better team." Is pish as well tbh.

The game against Ufa is one that comes to mind straight away where we showed mentality - Going down to 9 men for most of the game and still coming away with a point. Also- Villarreal away, Porto. 

I'm not disagreeing with you about us being pish after the winter break - we haven't been good enough, but it's far too early to start panicking.

Tell me a game in Europe where we have been on the back foot for the whole game and won or got a draw. 
Ufa wasn’t because we played poor actually thought up until we lost players we were well on top, it was the loss of those players that swung the game. 

I wouldn’t say anyone is panicking but it is looking a lot like last year already after the break and when the manager comes out and says he never saw it coming it makes it even more worrying.
Main point of my argument is yes teams grind out wins to win a title but this team can’t do that without the eventual collapse that we got yesterday. 

13 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Tell me a game in Europe where we have been on the back foot for the whole game and won or got a draw. 
Ufa wasn’t because we played poor actually thought up until we lost players we were well on top, it was the loss of those players that swung the game. 

I wouldn’t say anyone is panicking but it is looking a lot like last year already after the break and when the manager comes out and says he never saw it coming it makes it even more worrying.
Main point of my argument is yes teams grind out wins to win a title but this team can’t do that without the eventual collapse that we got yesterday. 

You can't question the players mentality then discredit the Ufa result.

Why does it need to be a game we were on the back foot for the whole game? Not sure why these conditions are being added to suit your argument tbh but Villarreal away is one game where we weren't the better team and still got a result.

The similarities are there from last year, agreed, but we also have a favourable run of games coming up and with the return of Morelos to the starting 11 and hoplefully Tav not far away, there's nothing to suggest we can't go on another winning run tbh.

4 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

You can't question the players mentality then discredit the Ufa result.

Why does it need to be a game we were on the back foot for the whole game? Not sure why these conditions are being added to suit your argument tbh but Villarreal away is one game where we weren't the better team and still got a result.

The similarities are there from last year, agreed, but we also have a favourable run of games coming up and with the return of Morelos to the starting 11 and hoplefully Tav not far away, there's nothing to suggest we can't go on another winning run tbh.

The question over their mentality is why when it comes to the crunch games they disappear, thought they had finally got rid of that Jonah after beating the scum before the break. 
On the back foot is there because if we are in the game at all I fancy us to win it as we have shown in Europe and at home, in a game where we aren’t at races at all we never nick a win. 
Winning run? We haven’t won more than 5 league games on the bounce so going by that stat we are due at least a couple of draws or a loss somewhere on the run in so I’m not sure where this thinking that we will go on a long run of wins comes from to be honest. 

Anyway mate good debate, sorry if I came across as rather angry at times, yesterday was a sore one for me when it comes to the title race. It lets the pressure off the scum just when we needed to squeeze them as they go into a run of away games. 

23 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The question over their mentality is why when it comes to the crunch games they disappear, thought they had finally got rid of that Jonah after beating the scum before the break. 
On the back foot is there because if we are in the game at all I fancy us to win it as we have shown in Europe and at home, in a game where we aren’t at races at all we never nick a win. 
Winning run? We haven’t won more than 5 league games on the bounce so going by that stat we are due at least a couple of draws or a loss somewhere on the run in so I’m not sure where this thinking that we will go on a long run of wins comes from to be honest. 

Anyway mate good debate, sorry if I came across as rather angry at times, yesterday was a sore one for me when it comes to the title race. It lets the pressure off the scum just when we needed to squeeze them as they go into a run of away games. 

Yesterday was damaging, definitely. But, by all accounts, celtic haven't been great since the winter break either and have a tougher run of games (hopefully) coming up than we do.

Hopefully they slip up mate.

71415237_easygif1566740761907.thumb.gif.2fb0a00f9cdd164e938f3e12cffa9bd8.gif

Archived