Fixtures Up To The Next OF

scottyc06

6 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

The scum will brush aside St Johnstone and Hamilton in the next few days. Hearts home and Aberdeen away is 6 points for them, Livi away and to a lesser extent Motherwell away are the only games I can see a slip up. 

I honestly believe we can't afford a single slip up right up to and including the game at home to them.

I agree tbh, Livingston and Motherwell are the two games and possibly Hamilton with the shite pitch are the only realistic games they're slipping up.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, sRcFoCt said:

Simple ya mong looking to future games 

Easy 3 points at ibrox for games 

Looking at certain game saying tough one

Could be a certain amount of points clear when we beat the taigs ibrox my attitude has changed.

Maybe if you put words into proper sentences things would make sense. Mongo calling people mongos 😂

14 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Best away record in the league (at least it was before today). I believe this team does have the bottle. We are different than last year. We played a Hearts team at the worst possible time and we weren't up for it. I think we will rebound from this.

:lol: 

Deary me.

Worth noting that there are European games to factor in as well. I'd expect them to go another round at least, whereas our tie is a much tougher test. That will have an impact.

In all fairness, the team has bounced back pretty well from setbacks this year - of which there have been fewer, too. It wasn't so much the Kilmarnock game that fucked us last year as it was the results which followed it - Killie at home, St Johnstone at home etc. 

15 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

Ross County H (St Johnstone A)

Aberdeen H (Hamilton A)

Hibs H (Motherwell A)

Kilmarnock A (Hearts H)

Livingston H (Aberdeen A)

St Johnstone A (Kilmarnock H)

Hamilton H (Livingston A)

Ross County A (St Mirren H)

Fenians H 

Hit the fear massively after today’s result and where we are in terms of the league. Obviously massive changes in our level of performance are needed since the break but we know full well that the level is there, it’s just ensuring we reach it week in week out.

After Aberdeen at Pittodrie, we knew a reaction was needed & we definitely got one for the remainder of December. A lot of people at that point hinted if we got to the break, 2 points behind then we would have a good chance due to how the fixtures fell.

The game in hand makes it look worse but we are essentially in that position & a look at the fixtures above would hint that we have a good chance of going into that OF in March looking to reclaim top spot (possibly still with our game in hand). 

Key games for us are likely to be Aberdeen, Hibs & Killie. The two at Ibrox should take care of themselves with the “big game” feeling pushing the team on. Killie, despite their form are on of those teams for us. For them, Livi & Motherwell away are potential banana skins. Hearts at home & Aberdeen away will go as they always do for them. 

As mentioned though, there needs to be a big reaction from us before any of this is relevant but we’re more than capable of getting that reaction. 

Absolutely nothing to fear mate we can win them all if the players have the correct attitude. Win your individual battle and our quality will win us the game.

We must earn the right first and foremost. No team will just roll over

47 minutes ago, McKissock said:

Worth noting that there are European games to factor in as well. I'd expect them to go another round at least, whereas our tie is a much tougher test. That will have an impact.

In all fairness, the team has bounced back pretty well from setbacks this year - of which there have been fewer, too. It wasn't so much the Kilmarnock game that fucked us last year as it was the results which followed it - Killie at home, St Johnstone at home etc. 

Although a lot won’t like to hear this, getting put out of europe & them staying in for another round would do for me.

Most on here assume septic are going to win all thier games, I don't. They have been off form as well and been lucky to pick up wins; a few draws from them and it will look very different. All their away games are potiential banana skins. They could collapse in one of those games. They struggled to beat Hamilton at home not long ago.

23 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Most on here assume septic are going to win all thier games, I don't. They have been off form as well and been lucky to pick up wins; a few draws from them and it will look very different. All their away games are potiential banana skins. They could collapse in one of those games. They struggled to beat Hamilton at home not long ago.

It was the same after the first old firm on here. Everyone saying they would win every game etc. Then they dropped points to hibs and Livingston on the road. 

With a lot of away games I agree with you they will drop points somewhere.

Hell before Clancy gifted them a penalty on Saturday they were struggling at home. 

9 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Given gerrards insistence on playing arfield out right for a lot of the earlier part of the season, you have to imagine he put aribo there and kept him there partly down to him being poor in the middle in which he was very poor at times

To me it looks like aribo hasnt gotten used to the whole fight aspect of the scottish league yet, he's like a better version of zelalem if you will, still lacking in heart for the fight

Or that Arfields form all season had been awful and he was knackered from the Gold Cup?

The only comparison he has to guys like Ejaria and Zelalem is an exotic name and similar build, Airbo played almost 100 games for Charlton in League 1 which is full of hammer throwers and idiots looking to end careers.

The guy has proven hes up for a fight and got his head smashed against Livingston for not being shy of the physical side, although if that is the case, you just to look at Barasic...there wasnt a bigger shite bag on the pitch than him now hes squaring up to them.

I think Aribo has been really good outwide, the last few games aside, but he is still adapting to it.

1 hour ago, ZZed said:

But we’ve been struggling since the break a shadow of what we were, they still manage the wins, they were struggling at the weekend until they brought on their star man and got a respectable score line. It’s questionable wether Alfie would have made any difference for us or not. The whole team lost form.

1 hour ago, Del said:

Or that Arfields form all season had been awful and he was knackered from the Gold Cup?

The only comparison he has to guys like Ejaria and Zelalem is an exotic name and similar build, Airbo played almost 100 games for Charlton in League 1 which is full of hammer throwers and idiots looking to end careers.

The guy has proven hes up for a fight and got his head smashed against Livingston for not being shy of the physical side, although if that is the case, you just to look at Barasic...there wasnt a bigger shite bag on the pitch than him now hes squaring up to them.

I think Aribo has been really good outwide, the last few games aside, but he is still adapting to it.

When has he proven he's up for a fight? Jumping for a header means nothing nicky law jumped for a good few, he was an utter shitebag

Aribo was missing more often than not in the middle, especially in games where opponents squared up to us and went toe to toe, he's good when teams sit off us but the minute theres a scrap on the go he's not at his best

Injuries/suspensions could play a big factor in this title race...If Morelos is injured or suspended again we're knackered. Hopefully Jack's calf injury isn't that bad, we haven't got the quality to bring in. Gerrard doesn't like to rotate much so players, either he doesn't trust fringe players or just likes consistency in line ups, so players might tire or lose form with league, cup and Europa league games. Them signing two players in the window could be the difference (if one of them wins them a game), if we don't add to the squad then i think we're abit thread bare in quality.

Archived