Sign in to follow this  
ElBufalo20

***The Official Rangers v Ross County Thread***

Polster was good in the first half.

I think he was trying a bit too hard and looked a little reckless at times in the second.

Overall tonight was really pish. Crap football, crap weather, crap atmosphere. I thought in the second half we would score a truck load after we came out fired up. Defoe’s injury really killed it.

Let’s hope we get a much better performance at the weekend. We are now due one as the past four games have been shocking. 

3 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Genuinely as bored as I’ve ever felt at a Rangers game. 

On about 82 minutes I genuinely put my hood over my eyes, slumped into my jacket  and sat there waiting for the game to end. 

Why did Greg Stewart not even make the bench? Arguably our best performance of the season was our 5 nil drubbing of the sheep, with him getting man of the match. Regardless if it is an injury or not, I think he could be used to greater effect when we require to change our formation up a little. 

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If Defoe had started games instead of Morelos we wouldn't be where we are atm. 

If we played to his strengths we would be as he scores a goal every 75 minutes that better than any current scorer in the SPFL. 

Our problems is not the strikers its the lack of goals from midfield which will make it hard for us to win the league.

2 minutes ago, sco22y said:

Why did Greg Stewart not even make the bench? Arguably our best performance of the season was our 5 nil drubbing of the sheep, with him getting man of the match. Regardless if it is an injury or not, I think he could be used to greater effect when we require to change our formation up a little. 

You want a player who is injured to play??

31 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I think he was trying a bit too hard and looked a little reckless at times in the second.

Overall tonight was really pish. Crap football, crap weather, crap atmosphere. I thought in the second half we would score a truck load after we came out fired up. Defoe’s injury really killed it.

Let’s hope we get a much better performance at the weekend. We are now due one as the past four games have been shocking. 

Midweek league games at Ibrox are just shite.

We’ve another 2 coming up I think

4 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

You want a player who is injured to play??

And I was generally asking why he didn't play. I didn't know he was injured. 

Regardless if he was injured tonight, there have been plenty of other times this season he has been fit but overlooked. Too late at night for me. 😁

ElBufalo20 likes this

6 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

After watching Kamara again tonight he deserves a chance 

Kamara at least tries something, biggest disappointment (although i dont know why as he's done this before for us) is davis, supposed to be the brains of the midfield and all he does is get in the road of the defence walking the ball out

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Kamara at least tries something, biggest disappointment (although i dont know why as he's done this before for us) is davis, supposed to be the brains of the midfield and all he does is get in the road of the defence walking the ball out

Aye he try’s my patience. 
Cant argue about Davis, the amount of times he gave the ball away last night and those clipped balls over the top  to someone that ends up no where near anyone are embarrassing. 

47 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Just wanted to say again how bad I thought last night was 

Doesn't fill me with much confidence for the sheep on Saturday. We are due them a fucking hiding. 

Difficult to give pass marks to most of those who played but Polster has to be RB until Tav gets back and  Ojo surprised me with a decent performance.

The rest disappointed to varying degrees Kent especially who played far too deep.

Once again the team knocked the ball about with little sense of urgency. 3 points is welcome but they need a collective boot up the ass.

11 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

A good summary of the game  And I totally agree about Polster and feel he is very reckless and could cost us in the big games coming up where the refs will be looking to make an example of someone 

12 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

A good summary of the game  And I totally agree about Polster and feel he is very reckless and could cost us in the big games coming up where the refs will be looking to make an example of someone 

We could have had an in his prime cafu at right back and it wouldnt have made a difference due to how the opposition crowd out defoe and our midfield dont get near him to support apart from arfield

Imo arfield should start every game, even with morelos, the pockets of space created by our strikers allows players like arfield a free run, his goal last night a prime example had jack been playing instead of arfield theres no way that run is being made for that flick, instead defoe would need to try hold onto the ball before playing it backward

Polsters energy and enthusiasm was excellent, but for all that the amount of aimless crosses we put in last night (from both sides) was infuriating, one blue shirt in the box whos under 6ft and were asking him to out muscle anf beat bigger defenders to a high ball, absolute brutal

Our second goal is how we should be playing against teams, draw out their defenders and utilise the space in behind, even guys out wide like kent etc, stay wide and high and watch for the space in behind to head into, at one point last night in the first half kent was so deep he passed it sideways to katic, fucking pointless

Blumhoilann likes this