It’s not happening!

corkinator

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not buying in to this Dubai nonsense but it is hard to figure out how so many players could be terrible all at once. Only Polster, Goldson and Barasic got pass marks yesterday. I hope they are collectively discussing this today. 

Polster nailed his position as Tav’s stand in for me. Patterson’s day will come but not yet.

9 minutes ago, TMB said:

Kent easily gets pass marks.  He carried the ball about 70 yards up the park, passed it out wide to Barisic, then moves in to a goal scoring position and the finish is excellent.  He created that goal from nothing.  I wish we had someone like him on the right. 

He could have changed the whole complexion of the game had he scored inside the first ten minutes. Kent is the most frustrating player in the team. The goal was great but he could be so much better.

1 hour ago, corkinator said:

We’ve all seen this before.

im not being defeatist, just a realist, it’s not happening again this season. 
we’ve been woeful since returning from the break. World beaters to panel beaters in a month.

They will drop points but not less than us. The metal strength and depth of squad isn’t there. 

Pity as we’ve  played some fabulous stuff. 

Still a very long way to go, maybe yesterday was the rocket up the arse we needed. Morelos back which is a big boost.

Next run of fixtures up till the next Old Firm game will define the season.

Gutted about yesterday and called us bottlers I take that back

The pain of defeat this season is amplified because of the standard of the league this season. Both teams are on occasion going to drop points and when it happens it's because either had a poor day.

This season no team home or away are good enough to stop us or them on top form.

We possibly will finish with 90+points and not win this league when was last time that happened

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

He could have changed the whole complexion of the game had he scored inside the first ten minutes. Kent is the most frustrating player in the team. The goal was great but he could be so much better.

He did change the complexion of the game with that goal.  We were playing very poorly but Kent got us a goal from nothing.  Plenty can be accused of not being up for it yesterday and letting themselves down, but not Kent.  Kent’s a winner and he has the quality and mentality needed to play for this team.  If Kent wasn’t on the pitch yesterday we would’ve had nothing in the final third.  We are so reliant on Kent and Morelos is unreal.  

4 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Still a very long way to go, maybe yesterday was the rocket up the arse we needed. Morelos back which is a big boost.

Next run of fixtures up till the next Old Firm game will define the season.

Morelos is one booking away from another suspension.  The worry is he gets booked midweek then misses the Aberdeen game.  You know he will get booked sooner rather than later so we can only hope it’s not an important game he misses. 

Someone said if he gets another red he misses 4 games.  Does anyone know if that’s true?

Kent and Aribo had brilliant chances in the first half to score. Need to work in their finishing. That’s the frustrating thing about it. 

putting the ball over the bar from 7yards out ffs .

I love the forum most of the time but after poor results it can be brutal. We beat the scum away from home and were definitely winning the league. We lose at Tynecastle now we're definitely losing the league.

Yesterday was poor. We've seen that happen before but points wise we're still much better than last season and only a potential 2 points off topping the league (counting the game in hand). There's a lot of football still to be played so let's stop over-reacting.

Yesterday I could understand some of the comments based on the fact it had just happened, emotions were running high and a fair few would have been swallied up for the game but now we've had time to reflect (and sober up) we can see that the position we're in isn't terrible. We're 1 game away from being back in the driving seat so let's see how the next 3 games pan out as we have 3 homes in a row while they have 3 away.

10 minutes ago, TMB said:

Morelos is one booking away from another suspension.  The worry is he gets booked midweek then misses the Aberdeen game.  You know he will get booked sooner rather than later so we can only hope it’s not an important game he misses. 

Someone said if he gets another red he misses 4 games.  Does anyone know if that’s true?

Still don't know why he never had a shot on goal instead of diving. Back to haunt us yesterday.

20 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Gutted about yesterday and called us bottlers I take that back

The pain of defeat this season is amplified because of the standard of the league this season. Both teams are on occasion going to drop points and when it happens it's because either had a poor day.

This season no team home or away are good enough to stop us or them on top form.

We possibly will finish with 90+points and not win this league when was last time that happened

Last time we won the league the opposite happened. In 2011 we finished on 93 points and they finished on 92. 

1 hour ago, ChampionsAgain said:

We’ve lost 2 games all season ffs. 

For perspective last time we won the league we drew 3 and lost 5, currently sit at 2 and 2. 

They’ve got 9 away games before the spilt they won’t win every single one of them. We go in top at the spilt it’s any mans game. 

I hear what you’re saying. I think we’re a better team than them  but the squad has no depth to it. 
couple that with them getting every decision going, saturdays wasn’t a penalty, and out weak mentality I can’t see them dropping more points than us. Let’s be honest no fucker really tries against them but against us it’s everyone’s World Cup final 

To be completely honest you really do get the impression that the soap dodgers will get as many chances as they need to win the league because that's quite a few times now that we've put ourselves in a strong position only to lose the next game. Perhaps Gerrard is just one of those managers who's teams will always play good football but never actually win anything?

I also think we have to look at what we're doing in the winter break because that's 2 years now that we've came back flat. 

1 hour ago, MurrayWilson said:

It does make you wonder just what happens on these dubai jaunts. Some of the performances in the month before the break wee the best I had seen in years. Contrast that with the ponderous pish they've served up since and its unbelievable. Missing two big player yesterday but that doesn't explain how bad the rest of them were yesterday, the quick passing and movement we saw at easter road to the slow, disjointed crap of yesterday. It hints at players who thought theyd done the hard bit and now things would go there way without working for it. A rotten attitude that will always come back to bite you. If they can sort this out pronto then we aren't out it yet, gerrard needs to spare no one in that dressing room today when he sees them. That defeat yesterday was purely down to our attitude.

Maybe its all drinking an shagging an a game in between

This mentality problem and lack of effort chat really is nonsense!

U need ability to win football games.  We had a complete lack of it yesterday.  It was alarming how poor we were.  Could not complete 5 yard passes, first touch was awful, playing long ball instead of looking for a pass. Kent trying to play in barisic in the second half summed up our performance! 

Let's not forget hearts are dreadful. Any team who had decent passing and movement would have won easily! 

Early days yet nothing was won or lost yesterday bar three points, we have only lost two and drawn two all season last time we lost a game we went on a 16 game unbeaten run, this is not the team from last year we do have a good level of consistency the problem is they are also better this season.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

Yet the win at Parkhead to stop celtic going 8 points clear clearly shows we are strong enough.  

It’s got fuck all to do with mentality.  It’s a lack of strength in depth.  We badly missed McGregor, Tavernier, and Morelos yesterday.  Jack then goes off at halftime.  There’s nobody on the bench who can come on and make an impact.  

Not yesterday though and when we played Hearts and sheep away earlier 

And McGregor played yesterday and I’m sure Tav and Alfredo played in others 

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

I had to leave the forum yesterday because of the defeatist posts. Last week we are winning 55 and mocking celtic,  today we are losers and will win nothing.

We may not win the title this season, but the surest way to guarantee we don’t win is to spit the dummy at the first hurdle.

I do wonder how many folk actually remember what a genuine title contest feels like.

:tu:

Top post mate ...... "Keep Believing" from Helicopter Sunday is a prime example of what can be achieved ..... it's also a prime example of what a contest is all about ..... nothing is lost ....or won ..... until it's over.

:UK:

2 hours ago, corkinator said:

We’ve all seen this before.

im not being defeatist, just a realist, it’s not happening again this season. 
we’ve been woeful since returning from the break. World beaters to panel beaters in a month.

They will drop points but not less than us. The metal strength and depth of squad isn’t there. 

Pity as we’ve  played some fabulous stuff. 

You are being defeatest...but who the fuck could blame ye, some are just too desperately hoping to topple the tarriers that much and are so deluded, that even the last 3 performances won’t open their eyes, we gave they fuckers a scary run for their money for half a season but our players and management don’t have it in them to keep it up sadly, atleast that’s what it looks like to me, step up Gerrard and our players and please prove me wrong, you’ll make me the happiest I’ve been following Rangers if you do

sad but true that I include 9iar and a run to the eufa cup final in that, that’s how much I’d love it to happen and to silence they fenian fucks, we are whipping boys to a fucking peado ring 🤢🤮 

32 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Last time we won the league the opposite happened. In 2011 we finished on 93 points and they finished on 92. 

Its gonna be that tight again. If we can get back to the form before the break bro. 

No one is running away with it imo

Archived