It’s not happening!

corkinator

We’ve all seen this before.

im not being defeatist, just a realist, it’s not happening again this season. 
we’ve been woeful since returning from the break. World beaters to panel beaters in a month.

They will drop points but not less than us. The metal strength and depth of squad isn’t there. 

Pity as we’ve  played some fabulous stuff. 

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Defeatist nonsense.

Better Rangers teams than this one have lost at Tynecastle in the past and I have every faith in Gerrard to strip  the paint off the walls today in their “debriefing “

celtic needed one of their own to set them on their way with a joke penalty at the weekend. They are not as good as us, it is that simple.

They have the experience of recent years in their favour but, apart from corrupt officials, we have every chance this season with Morelos and Tav back.

End of January and we have lost two leagues games - get a grip.

It does make you wonder just what happens on these dubai jaunts. Some of the performances in the month before the break wee the best I had seen in years. Contrast that with the ponderous pish they've served up since and its unbelievable. Missing two big player yesterday but that doesn't explain how bad the rest of them were yesterday, the quick passing and movement we saw at easter road to the slow, disjointed crap of yesterday. It hints at players who thought theyd done the hard bit and now things would go there way without working for it. A rotten attitude that will always come back to bite you. If they can sort this out pronto then we aren't out it yet, gerrard needs to spare no one in that dressing room today when he sees them. That defeat yesterday was purely down to our attitude.

3 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

It does make you wonder just what happens on these dubai jaunts. Some of the performances in the month before the break wee the best I had seen in years. Contrast that with the ponderous pish they've served up since and its unbelievable. Missing two big player yesterday but that doesn't explain how bad the rest of them were yesterday, the quick passing and movement we saw at easter road to the slow, disjointed crap of yesterday. It hints at players who thought theyd done the hard bit and now things would go there way without working for it. A rotten attitude that will always come back to bite you. 

Maybe it has more to do with missing three key players than travelling to Dubai.  Just a thought.

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Maybe it has more to do with missing three key players than travelling to Dubai.  Just a thought.

Missing players didn't help, the drop in standards from the rest of the team since the break is the reason we lost yesterday and were pish against st mirren. The midfield that were putting in 8 out of 10 performances before the break have been woeful since. Someone said it yesterday, it looks like they have the holiday blues. 

15 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Defeatist nonsense.

Better Rangers teams than this one have lost at Tynecastle in the past and I have every faith in Gerrard to strip  the paint off the walls today in their “debriefing “

celtic needed one of their own to set them on their way with a joke penalty at the weekend. They are not as good as us, it is that simple.

They have the experience of recent years in their favour but, apart from corrupt officials, we have every chance this season with Morelos and Tav back.

End of January and we have lost two leagues games - get a grip.

Too sensible a post for the Bears Den after a defeat........... I believe we can still win this league........ but we need to put a stop to performances like yesterdays debacle.

8 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Missing players didn't help, the drop in standards from the rest of the team since the break is the reason we lost yesterday and were pish against st mirren. The midfield that were putting in 8 out of 10 performances before the break have been woeful since. Someone said it yesterday, it looks like they have the holiday blues. 

We rely heavily on Morelos and Tavernier for goals and creativity.  I think that was badly exposed yesterday.  Flanagan was a joke and Defoe is like a man down if we’re not dominating the game and creating chances for him.  

Last January I think Gerrard introduced Davis and Defoe too quickly and we were punished for it.  A bit of managerial inexperience.  

28 minutes ago, corkinator said:

we’ve been woeful since returning from the break. World beaters to panel beaters in a month.

They will drop points but not less than us. The metal strength and depth of squad isn’t there. 

We’ve lost 2 games all season ffs. 

For perspective last time we won the league we drew 3 and lost 5, currently sit at 2 and 2. 

They’ve got 9 away games before the spilt they won’t win every single one of them. We go in top at the spilt it’s any mans game. 

We're certainly capable of winning the league, it depends largely now on how many points celtic drop...our problem is not the old firms games, its ensuring we don't drop points in the other games...Anything happens to Morelos, injury or another suspension and its game over. We've not got the same threat with him out the team.

I had to leave the forum yesterday because of the defeatist posts. Last week we are winning 55 and mocking celtic,  today we are losers and will win nothing.

We may not win the title this season, but the surest way to guarantee we don’t win is to spit the dummy at the first hurdle.

I do wonder how many folk actually remember what a genuine title contest feels like.

I'm not buying in to this Dubai nonsense but it is hard to figure out how so many players could be terrible all at once. Only Polster, Goldson and Barasic got pass marks yesterday. I hope they are collectively discussing this today. 

Writing us off now is completely knee jerk reaction and the usual fallout after a defeat on RM.  

Yesterday was the worst performance of our season. But it's only the 2nd time we've lost this season.  A bit of perspective is needed. 

Dust ourselves off and go out on wednesday and get back to the form we showed pre break. 

36 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

It does make you wonder just what happens on these dubai jaunts. Some of the performances in the month before the break wee the best I had seen in years. Contrast that with the ponderous pish they've served up since and its unbelievable. Missing two big player yesterday but that doesn't explain how bad the rest of them were yesterday, the quick passing and movement we saw at easter road to the slow, disjointed crap of yesterday. It hints at players who thought theyd done the hard bit and now things would go there way without working for it. A rotten attitude that will always come back to bite you. If they can sort this out pronto then we aren't out it yet, gerrard needs to spare no one in that dressing room today when he sees them. That defeat yesterday was purely down to our attitude.

Your right mate and it beggars belief that we did not learn from the last game at tynecastle. If anything we were fucking worse than the last game and indeed have not kicked a ball since the break and that is nowhere near good enough.

I said prior to the Stranraer game we should have been at full strength against them.

Most of our first choice players then went almost 3 weeks without playing.

Same as last year and we haven’t learnt from that.

We are still the best team in the country but the mentality side is lacking big time.

That needs to change if we are to win anything.

Can it change? Will it change? I fucking hope so.

55 minutes ago, corkinator said:

Truth hurts and some can’t face up to it 

Still think there’s plenty of football to be played .Your  point about mental strength still stands .We clearly aren’t as strong as we thought we were after our OF win.

Yesterdays performance clearly shows that 

We are more than capable of taking maximum points between now and the next OF game and I've said a few times over the last few weeks that I have no worries about going into a game against.....them........home or away needing a win.

However certain players need to take a long hard look at themselves after what they've produced over the last 3 games.

The positive for me is that they've been poor by their own high standards instead of it being a case of them just being generally shite or not good enough, our strongest match day squad is more than good enough to win this league imo.

7 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

We clearly aren’t as strong as we thought we were after our OF win.

Yesterdays performance clearly shows that 

Yet the win at Parkhead to stop celtic going 8 points clear clearly shows we are strong enough.  

It’s got fuck all to do with mentality.  It’s a lack of strength in depth.  We badly missed McGregor, Tavernier, and Morelos yesterday.  Jack then goes off at halftime.  There’s nobody on the bench who can come on and make an impact.  

22 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I'm not buying in to this Dubai nonsense but it is hard to figure out how so many players could be terrible all at once. Only Polster, Goldson and Barasic got pass marks yesterday. I hope they are collectively discussing this today. 

Kent easily gets pass marks.  He carried the ball about 70 yards up the park, passed it out wide to Barisic, then moves in to a goal scoring position and the finish is excellent.  He created that goal from nothing.  I wish we had someone like him on the right. 

6 minutes ago, TMB said:

Yet the win at Parkhead to stop celtic going 8 points clear clearly shows we are strong enough.  

It’s got fuck all to do with mentality.  It’s a lack of strength in depth.  We badly missed McGregor, Tavernier, and Morelos yesterday.  Jack then goes off at halftime.  There’s nobody on the bench who can come on and make an impact.  

McGregor played yesterday mate 

Archived