It’s not happening!

corkinator

3 hours ago, corkinator said:

We’ve all seen this before.

im not being defeatist, just a realist, it’s not happening again this season. 
we’ve been woeful since returning from the break. World beaters to panel beaters in a month.

They will drop points but not less than us. The metal strength and depth of squad isn’t there. 

Pity as we’ve  played some fabulous stuff. 

You may well be right but if SG got his hands on this post then he should pin it up on the dressing room wall.

He'd soon find out who was up for the fight after reading this.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gersfc86 said:

This mentality problem and lack of effort chat really is nonsense!

U need ability to win football games.  We had a complete lack of it yesterday.  It was alarming how poor we were.  Could not complete 5 yard passes, first touch was awful, playing long ball instead of looking for a pass. Kent trying to play in barisic in the second half summed up our performance! 

Let's not forget hearts are dreadful. Any team who had decent passing and movement would have won easily! 

Pish, they proved beyond doubt before Christmas that the ability is there. They went to motherwell, hibs and celtic and outplayed them all. Those were the 3 form teams in the country at the time. If they can do that and somehow stoop to yesterdays performance then it aint ability that's lacking its mindset.

The last bounce back after a Tynecastle horror show was a sparkling performance in Porto, I was dreading that one, we  should also bin the Dubai trip though as that's two seasons on the spin we have lost all momentum, last season was horrific lets hope this sloppy comeback can be righted swiftly/

If we win on Wednesday we will have the following record for the regular home and away 22 games

2019/20  P22  W18  D2  L2

Last years comparative is

2018/19  P22  W14  D6  L2

Chill folks. We are improving steadily. Now is not the time to lose faith! 

The scum have to be very strong favourites now though, pressure's completely been released from them.

We're capable of it, but it's some ask to expect the players to win 8 on the spin before the next scum game and then win what would be the 9th to only go one fucking point ahead.

They may very well drop points along the way that makes the job easier but psychologically that buffer is fucking massive.

We've been chasing them all season and I keep hearing how shite they are but they're still fucking top and with a 5 point cushion to boot.

4 minutes ago, Flatcap said:

If we win on Wednesday we will have the following record for the regular home and away 22 games

2019/20  P22  W18  D2  L2

Last years comparative is

2018/19  P22  W14  D6  L2

Chill folks. We are improving steadily. Now is not the time to lose faith! 

See that’s a load of bollocks when the team above us are 5 points clear. 

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The scum have to be very strong favourites now though, pressure's completely been released from them.

We're capable of it, but it's some ask to expect the players to win 8 on the spin before the next scum game and then win what would be the 9th to only go one fucking point ahead.

They may very well drop points along the way that makes the job easier but psychologically that buffer is fucking massive.

We've been chasing them all season and I keep hearing how shite they are but they're still fucking top and with a 5 point cushion to boot.

To do what you ask would be doing something they haven’t even came close to doing since Stevie took the job. 

Ive just put myself through the wringer watching that again.I hope the manager has had them all watching it on loop as it was nothing short of disgraceful.Every Hearts player ran their guts out which cannot be said of one of ours.The midfield three in particular should hang their heads as they were the ones who set the tone in the first 15 mins of the game.

10 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

See that’s a load of bollocks when the team above us are 5 points clear. 

By this point last season, the team above had the following record

P22  W15  D3  L4

Their record this season is

P22  W19  D1  L2

It could be argued that we have both improved, but we're a point closer and in realty it feels like we are much closer on the field this year. All i'm saying is you don't give up hope after 22 games

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

To do what you ask would be doing something they haven’t even came close to doing since Stevie took the job. 

Yeah exactly, whereas they won what 11 or something on the bounce this season before we ended it?

We can do it, but it will be an unbelievable effort to have done so.

9 minutes ago, Flatcap said:

By this point last season, the team above had the following record

P22  W15  D3  L4

Their record this season is

P22  W19  D1  L2

It could be argued that we have both improved, but we're a point closer and in realty it feels like we are much closer on the field this year. All i'm saying is you don't give up hope after 22 games

So they are 5 in front aye. 

Is there a smell coming off you. 

6 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Yeah exactly, whereas they won what 11 or something on the bounce this season before we ended it?

We can do it, but it will be an unbelievable effort to have done so.

That’s the point folk seem to be missing they are more than capable of going on a run of wins. We have never been able to do it, because we have performances like yesterday just waiting in the wings. 

1 hour ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

OP is a surrender monkey.

Supporting Rangers seems to be too stressful for him. I recommend taking up knitting. 

Mate I’ve followed the club for over 40 years. I’m not saying it’s impossible, I’ve just seen it all before. Experience tells me although it can be done, it won’t be. 
im as pissed off as you. 
I was hoping this was the return to where we should be, it looks unlikely now. 

ive said it before winning old firm games doesn’t win the league, beating diddy teams does. Alarm bells were ringing after st Mirren. But I honestly thought we’d be fine at hearts as our away for has been incredible. 
I hope in wrong 

47 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Thankfully I was out last night and busy today so not been on RM much since after the game.

My initial reaction yesterday was, it was a hellish defeat but we can still win the league and I still believe that today, but probably less hopeful today than yesterday afternoon.

The problem is what you have said above, they are now back in pole position with a lot of pressure taken off them, and while they have more away games I believe they are much less likely to drop points than we are. 

We have a game on Wed to go to and I am just going to take it a game at the time, we should win the game but until the tarriers got a soft penalty on Sat I believe R County had some good chances and so I am taking nothing for granted.

We can certainly still win the league but the players need to start realising beating the tarriers was brilliant, but unless we can match them with results against the other teams it will be another disappointing season. 

Archived