Right winger

gersfc86

Gerrard surely must go to Ross wilson after that performance to allow us to bring in a new right winger.  Aribo looks so awkward in that role( like a 5ft 5ft guy playing as goalkeeper) 

Only alternative I see is playing Kent right and Jones left. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I completely agree. We need an inside forward for that right wing.  Aribo doesn’t look comfortable in that wide role and I’d rather have him in midfield where he can break forward and give us some creativity from central midfield.  I do think we’ll bring someone in but not sure we’ll get someone with the type of quality we need.

I don’t like Defoe in this lone striker role at all either.  When Morelos is out we badly miss him.  Another striker brought in, even a big CF who can head it, would be welcomed.

Time will tell I suppose.  

It doesn't look like we are bringing anyone in so we have what's at our disposal, what happened to the lad Mcpake, I take it he is back with us from his loan spell at Dundee, I saw a picture of him the other day and he is built like a tank now, maybe it's worth a go to give the lad a game on the right, I keep hearing that SG likes to give youth a chance well you can prove it in the coming weeks 

Kent has pace, he’s very direct, he loves running at defenders, he can go past players, inside or outside it makes no difference to him.  Very unpredictable and comfortable wide or in the middle.  We need that on the right wing.

2 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

We need an inside forward for that right wing. Another option that can offer a threat. 

Aribo has done well but it's square peg in a round hole. 

Hopefully something has been going in the background. 

I still think at least one will come in before deadline 

4 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Lose against Hertz and all of a sudden Aribo looks uncomfortable in that position, despite the fact that he's been playing really well there for ages. 

OK dokey then. 

He’s not scoring anywhere near enough goals to be one of the 3 attacking players.

To be fair I would rather see us sign a quality right back, Stevie said he wanted competition for places but currently as we have found out we have one quality right back and 2 for cover and a promising youngster (but to put that pressure on him too early could backfire) not blaming Flanagan for the defeat but we really need better quality in there should Tav be injured or suspended 

1 minute ago, thebluedoo said:

To be fair I would rather see us sign a quality right back, Stevie said he wanted competition for places but currently as we have found out we have one quality right back and 2 for cover and a promising youngster (but to put that pressure on him too early could backfire) not blaming Flanagan for the defeat but we really need better quality in there should Tav be injured or suspended 

A backup right back is way down our list of priorities and rightly so.

9 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

A backup right back is way down our list of priorities and rightly so.

For me it's been obvious that the quality crosses into the box has been significantly poor since he got injury, had we had a player of equal ability not just a good deputy. I certainly think it would be worth looking at 

5 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Lose against Hertz and all of a sudden Aribo looks uncomfortable in that position, despite the fact that he's been playing really well there for ages. 

OK dokey then. 

Has he been though even the game where he got man of the Match he looked poor lacks physicality for his size good with the ball at his feet but cant jump at all.

Archived