Jumping the gun again

MisterC

Once again our support seems to have assumed that after beating them last month that 55 was ours even though the season was halfway through. And again after a defeat we get the usual hysteria that the race is over, we're shite, Gerrards a dud etc.

When the hell will folk realise that you gets bumps along the road and that not everything will go our way? Too many willing to throw in the towel after one defeat, our second of the season in the league!

Yes the form has been poor since the winter break and you can put that down to more than one thing but are we out of the title race? No!

For the hysterical ones amongst you, get a bloody grip and stop being surrender monkeys! We will get back on track and perhaps a harsh reality check was needed to really focus minds for the race ahead.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

As someone else posted earlier, it feels like some posters have never witnessed a title race. It's only late January, plenty more twist and turns to come.

Absolutely, plenty of time left in the title race so I dont understand the hysteria of some posters, a few of whom I'd have expected better from...

Team thought they could just turn up and stroll it, same with the previous 2. Kept getting away with it. 

To be fair we always see this. Absolute dire result then go on a superb run of 4 or 5 comfortable results. Not to be overly optimistic but i could see us staying at least the same points behind them with the game in hand but closer in GD when we play them at Ibrox.

Until it's mathematically impossible to overtake them, it's still ours to win.

1 minute ago, MisterC said:

Absolutely, plenty of time left in the title race so I dont understand the hysteria of some posters, a few of whom I'd have expected better from...

You are only as good as your last game in Glasgow mate. It's always been that way and it will never change. You know that. 

RM pendulum. From phenomenal and league is a done deal to fucking shite sack them all after 90 minutes.. And back again.  Often from the posters who regularly seem to constantly expect 4 or 5 nil wins. 

Thing that gets me is the sense of entitlement that seems to exist due to our history and because we're the Rangers. Winning silverware wont come easy especially when our main competitor has a squad with more internationals, that has been over the course successfully for years, can attract better players by paying more in transfer fees and salaries, has had CL football to offer, etc. 

Its fucking hard to win consistently enough to win trophies.

When we win a few games, some people go over the top with their reactions and the expectations get higher with each good result - meaning when we inevitably draw or lose a game their reactions are equally over the top.

Ultimately, we all want success, but this place is basically unreadable after a poor result.

We are desperate that's what years of failure and not competing at the top has done.

Do some over react yes myself included but I do get why.

It's so much easier to think negative than positive because of everything we've been through.

We can win this league tho will we? I hope so.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

RM pendulum. From phenomenal and league is a done deal to fucking shite sack them all after 90 minutes.. And back again.  Often from the posters who regularly seem to constantly expect 4 or 5 nil wins. 

Thing that gets me is the sense of entitlement that's seems to exist due to our history and because we're the Rangers. Winning silverware wont come easy especially when our main competitor has a squad with more internationals, that has been over the course successfully for years, can attract better players by paying more in transfer fees and salaries, has had CL football to offer, etc. 

Its fucking hard to win consistently enough to win trophies.

Usually after a set back I stay off this site for 24 hours more or less. To let the dust settle.  We are bitterly disappointed with yesterday's result ,we all desperately want 55 , and we still have every chance,  of winning the title, but we must get back on track starting on Wednesday. 

1 minute ago, glasgow argyle said:

Usually after a set back I stay off this site for 24 hours more or less. To let the dust settle.  We are bitterly disappointed with yesterday's result ,we all desperately want 55 , and we still have every chance,  of winning the title, but we must get back on track starting on Wednesday. 

I come on straight after as I'm the calm voice of reason :whistle::lol:.

Yeah, wednesday is huge.

22 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Once again our support seems to have assumed that after beating them last month that 55 was ours even though the season was halfway through. And again after a defeat we get the usual hysteria that the race is over, we're shite, Gerrards a dud etc.

When the hell will folk realise that you gets bumps along the road and that not everything will go our way? Too many willing to throw in the towel after one defeat, our second of the season in the league!

Yes the form has been poor since the winter break and you can put that down to more than one thing but are we out of the title race? No!

For the hysterical ones amongst you, get a bloody grip and stop being surrender monkeys! We will get back on track and perhaps a harsh reality check was needed to really focus minds for the race ahead.

Good shout Mr. C 😉 

I think the sight of Liam Boyce hobbling his way up the pitch, turning like the titanic, and firing in a winner was a bitter pill to swallow.

Also just knew we wouldn't muster up any kind of response to that goal. 

And that hard luck tale mirrors almost exactly what happened last season. 

So what's been a bit of an over reaction at least has some sort of basis. 

Not letting the manager or team away with yesterday but I'll be honest after Warburton and pedro I thought they had 10 in the bag.

At one point I thought we where always just gonna be one of the pack a leeds United type scenario.

This team has me believing again why because like it or not we've went toe2toe with the team that's dominated this country for 8years.

It took Rangers get our shit together to even make Scottish football a race again.

Along the way we will have ups n downs but this team has enough credit in the bank for me to believe in them. 

We can win this league

3 minutes ago, MisterC said:

:tu:

Well said mate ..... I was in that camp who suggested we are going to win the title this season and stop the rot ..... before the piggery .... and  although I was extremely disappointed with yesterday's performance .... more than the result actually ..... I still feel we will win the title and possibly the Scottish Cup this season ..... and as you have said ..... we will have bumps along the road .... and hopefully yesterday's  game was the last of those serious bumps and the team now get serious and wake up .....  and  from Wednesday onwards  we hit the ground running ..... "Just as fast as we can" ..... so to speak ..... :p:

:UK:

I was hoping we could at least better our position compared to last season, the scum knew we were one game away from topping the league, I’m sure that’s why they have had a bit of a struggle, but that pressure is off now.

Still plenty to play for we have to find our form soon

I still insist that the match thread and indeed others is polluted by low posting taigs and haters who tend to bring so much hysteria anytime we struggle a wee bit. 

Place needs a right good clear out of the offending cunts. 

I still fancy us for this title. I really do. 

I've been to Tynecastle with Championship winning sides and seen us struggle in the past. I do accept that yesterday was so not good enough in terms of getting the basics right. 

But until it's over I'm giving up no title to no cunt. Let's hope other teams try half as hard against the scum as they always seem to do against us. Plus we get to play them twice more in the League. 

Starting v Ross County then the sheepshaggers we need to see us back to winning ways. 

32 minutes ago, MisterC said:

I actually though that people were saying that as a fishing expedition to get bites. Didn't take any of that seriously...however yesterday's game was a difinitive on how not to win the league. 

This team need to sort themselves out if they actually are serious about wanting title 55 and "legend" status from our younger fans as well as us older ones with a heroes welcome also.  They know full well what our expectations are of them. We don't hide that. 

Also...we have an absolute right to be angry at yesterday's performance regardless of "over exuberant" opinions from some.  I am still boiling. I, as well as our other fans, do not fork out ridiculous money on STs to watch our boys lie down with zero yearning to fight when they know exactly how to win. 

33 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You are only as good as your last game in Glasgow mate. It's always been that way and it will never change. You know that. 

I had a go at a moaning bastard in the Clubdeck once and he told me you’re only as good as your last pass.😀

Archived