Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MisterC

Jumping the gun again

Recommended Posts


1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

As someone else posted earlier, it feels like some posters have never witnessed a title race. It's only late January, plenty more twist and turns to come.

Absolutely, plenty of time left in the title race so I dont understand the hysteria of some posters, a few of whom I'd have expected better from...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team thought they could just turn up and stroll it, same with the previous 2. Kept getting away with it. 

To be fair we always see this. Absolute dire result then go on a superb run of 4 or 5 comfortable results. Not to be overly optimistic but i could see us staying at least the same points behind them with the game in hand but closer in GD when we play them at Ibrox.

Until it's mathematically impossible to overtake them, it's still ours to win.

magic8ball likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MisterC said:

Absolutely, plenty of time left in the title race so I dont understand the hysteria of some posters, a few of whom I'd have expected better from...

You are only as good as your last game in Glasgow mate. It's always been that way and it will never change. You know that. 

MisterC and dougie76 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bluenoz said:

You are only as good as your last game in Glasgow mate. It's always been that way and it will never change. You know that. 

I'm sure I quote that line fairly frequently :lol:

bluenoz likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are desperate that's what years of failure and not competing at the top has done.

Do some over react yes myself included but I do get why.

It's so much easier to think negative than positive because of everything we've been through.

We can win this league tho will we? I hope so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

RM pendulum. From phenomenal and league is a done deal to fucking shite sack them all after 90 minutes.. And back again.  Often from the posters who regularly seem to constantly expect 4 or 5 nil wins. 

Thing that gets me is the sense of entitlement that's seems to exist due to our history and because we're the Rangers. Winning silverware wont come easy especially when our main competitor has a squad with more internationals, that has been over the course successfully for years, can attract better players by paying more in transfer fees and salaries, has had CL football to offer, etc. 

Its fucking hard to win consistently enough to win trophies.

Usually after a set back I stay off this site for 24 hours more or less. To let the dust settle.  We are bitterly disappointed with yesterday's result ,we all desperately want 55 , and we still have every chance,  of winning the title, but we must get back on track starting on Wednesday. 

magic8ball likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, glasgow argyle said:

Usually after a set back I stay off this site for 24 hours more or less. To let the dust settle.  We are bitterly disappointed with yesterday's result ,we all desperately want 55 , and we still have every chance,  of winning the title, but we must get back on track starting on Wednesday. 

I come on straight after as I'm the calm voice of reason :whistle::lol:.

Yeah, wednesday is huge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Once again our support seems to have assumed that after beating them last month that 55 was ours even though the season was halfway through. And again after a defeat we get the usual hysteria that the race is over, we're shite, Gerrards a dud etc.

When the hell will folk realise that you gets bumps along the road and that not everything will go our way? Too many willing to throw in the towel after one defeat, our second of the season in the league!

Yes the form has been poor since the winter break and you can put that down to more than one thing but are we out of the title race? No!

For the hysterical ones amongst you, get a bloody grip and stop being surrender monkeys! We will get back on track and perhaps a harsh reality check was needed to really focus minds for the race ahead.

Good shout Mr. C 😉 

MisterC likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the sight of Liam Boyce hobbling his way up the pitch, turning like the titanic, and firing in a winner was a bitter pill to swallow.

Also just knew we wouldn't muster up any kind of response to that goal. 

And that hard luck tale mirrors almost exactly what happened last season. 

So what's been a bit of an over reaction at least has some sort of basis. 

HG5 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MisterC said:

Once again our support seems to have assumed that after beating them last month that 55 was ours even though the season was halfway through. And again after a defeat we get the usual hysteria that the race is over, we're shite, Gerrards a dud etc.

When the hell will folk realise that you gets bumps along the road and that not everything will go our way? Too many willing to throw in the towel after one defeat, our second of the season in the league!

Yes the form has been poor since the winter break and you can put that down to more than one thing but are we out of the title race? No!

For the hysterical ones amongst you, get a bloody grip and stop being surrender monkeys! We will get back on track and perhaps a harsh reality check was needed to really focus minds for the race ahead.

:tu:

Well said mate ..... I was in that camp who suggested we are going to win the title this season and stop the rot ..... before the piggery .... and  although I was extremely disappointed with yesterday's performance .... more than the result actually ..... I still feel we will win the title and possibly the Scottish Cup this season ..... and as you have said ..... we will have bumps along the road .... and hopefully yesterday's  game was the last of those serious bumps and the team now get serious and wake up .....  and  from Wednesday onwards  we hit the ground running ..... "Just as fast as we can" ..... so to speak ..... :p:

:UK:

Blumhoilann, HG5 and Bears r us like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping we could at least better our position compared to last season, the scum knew we were one game away from topping the league, I’m sure that’s why they have had a bit of a struggle, but that pressure is off now.

Still plenty to play for we have to find our form soon

HG5 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

You are only as good as your last game in Glasgow mate. It's always been that way and it will never change. You know that. 

I had a go at a moaning bastard in the Clubdeck once and he told me you’re only as good as your last pass.😀

bluenoz and Blumhoilann like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We lost because we didn't take our chances defoe had 2 kent 1 and aribo had chances u must take to win any football match ffs. They won It from a deflected shot ffs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...