Jumping the gun again

MisterC

I get no satisfaction in saying this. But I think we've fucked it. This was the mighty spam farts we couldn't beat. Bottom of the league 🙄. Let that sink in. Defoe is not geared up for lone striker role he needs support. Alfie is out more than he is in the team. We are filled with players not winners. There's a big difference there. To lose to that shower of shite is unforgiveable. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

There deserved to be a swarm of criticism about yesterday as it was fucking pitiful.

Players not up for it and high ball tactics to a midget up front.

The Tarriers dropped 9 points in second half of last season and they’re a better team this year.

I can a scenario where we actually beat them twice and still lose the title as we fuck it up against the rest. 

10 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

We had two piss poor performances before it and you could smell it coming and only to the worst team in the league.

Flanagan aside, is Ojo a gamechanger? One with the yellow streak down his back wider than the clyde?

And if anyone hasn't worked out that Aribo is full of shitebaggery by now they need a white stick and yesterday was the epitomy of it. 

Then the high baws to Hateley. Oh wait a minute!

None of that is title winning form and he is being very predictiable with his failings and they woulldn't even be hard to fix. Our haters will learn more from our defeats than they will from our victories

I love Gerrard to bits, but he is not infallible just like every other manager and human being.  He has got much right and taken us a long way in improving us no end, but he does have a blind spot for some and it needs to end. Also, when it's Defoe up front he needs to change the system and play to the guy's strengths ffs. Not fucking hard.

TBH, I haven't seen any OTT remarks about Gerrard, but I have seen much worse previously. He is however not without criticism when it's due.

In conclusion, it's football and it's all about opnions and stretched emotions, particularly in our case, having been through a drought of eight years long, so expectations are high and another season without honours just the worst, as we will NOT be stopping the scum if they're going for 10iar if we fail to stop them this season. 

Yes there is some truth in what the OP states, but is also being rather disingenuous. It's football ffs and no room for turning into sanctimonious virtue signallers or we'd be as well chucking it! 

We'll leave the woke culture to the taigs. End of.

I agree with a lot of that but there were definitely some comments regarding gerrard that were over the top. There were people who predicted he would be a disaster of an appointment and every time the team has a setback they are only too eager to stick it to him There aren't many thankfully but they were on here yesterday.

2 hours ago, MisterC said:

Once again our support seems to have assumed that after beating them last month that 55 was ours even though the season was halfway through. And again after a defeat we get the usual hysteria that the race is over, we're shite, Gerrards a dud etc.

When the hell will folk realise that you gets bumps along the road and that not everything will go our way? Too many willing to throw in the towel after one defeat, our second of the season in the league!

Yes the form has been poor since the winter break and you can put that down to more than one thing but are we out of the title race? No!

For the hysterical ones amongst you, get a bloody grip and stop being surrender monkeys! We will get back on track and perhaps a harsh reality check was needed to really focus minds for the race ahead.

It’s the manner of the performances, they’ve been horrific. 

53 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Don’t think I’ve ever watched a game of football by any team and the whole team are off it at the same time. 
Plus it wasn’t just a case of passes going missing and missed chances, they looked like they had never seen a ball before or played together for 18 months. 

We won’t play that badly again this season.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

We lost because we didn't take our chances defoe had 2 kent 1 and aribo had chances u must take to win any football match ffs. They won It from a deflected shot ffs

Bit the bullet and watched the hi-lites on the BBC,we really did have enough good chances to have won the game regardless of the stupid,flukey goals we conceded.

43 minutes ago, Lerry1971 said:

I get no satisfaction in saying this. But I think we've fucked it. This was the mighty spam farts we couldn't beat. Bottom of the league 🙄. Let that sink in. Defoe is not geared up for lone striker role he needs support. Alfie is out more than he is in the team. We are filled with players not winners. There's a big difference there. To lose to that shower of shite is unforgiveable. 

image.gif.00259af2b06453857354ec4642e3e893.gif

1 hour ago, They Gnu said:

Hearts looked to have turned a corner under their new manager, they’re definitely one of the better teams we’ve played this year. Found it quite worrying we had no answer to their high tempo pressing game.

Heart’s threw this team together,2 making their debut who were nowhere near fit,Clare out of position at full back. This is the worst hearts team for years and they are not at the bottom of the league by accident. It was our team that looked as if they had only just met before kickoff and any manager playing Flanagan and ojo deserves every bit of abuse coming their way.

3 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Heart’s threw this team together,2 making their debut who were nowhere near fit,Clare out of position at full back. This is the worst hearts team for years and they are not at the bottom of the league by accident. It was our team that looked as if they had only just met before kickoff and any manager playing Flanagan and ojo deserves every bit of abuse coming their way.

Don't know about abuse mate, but Stevie needs to wake up and smell the coffee on several of his favourites. 

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Don't know about abuse mate, but Stevie needs to wake up and smell the coffee on several of his favourites. 

Should have said criticism,if everyone is fit then anyone could name our starting eleven no matter how poor some of them have been.

I can't see us not dropping more points between now and the next OF game, and factor in that we now must  win both OF games. The scum have to start stuttering and drop points asap. I can't see us doing it now, we will run it close, but we will be short of the title imo.

I'm not sure why we were so lacklustre yesterday but if we lose again this year it won't be through a lack of effort or complacency. I'm sure Gerrard would have got that message through today. Onwards and upwards, bring on Wednesday.

2 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We’ll get the exact same every time it happens, the same was said this time last season in very similar circumstances with the exact same problems. 

if you look at the game sensibly we could and should have been 3 up at half time even andy walker said in 1st half  hearts are good till they get to 18 yard line they did not have a shot on target 1st half once we get the goal  if we hold on to the lead or increase it in the next 15 mins we would have won but kamara dwells on the ball and they get a lifeline and a big lift then the winner is deflected  i know we did not play well  but small margins change games if we take our chances y/day we would have won comfortably

2 hours ago, Bobby Hume said:

:tu:

Well said mate ..... I was in that camp who suggested we are going to win the title this season and stop the rot ..... before the piggery .... and  although I was extremely disappointed with yesterday's performance .... more than the result actually ..... I still feel we will win the title and possibly the Scottish Cup this season ..... and as you have said ..... we will have bumps along the road .... and hopefully yesterday's  game was the last of those serious bumps and the team now get serious and wake up .....  and  from Wednesday onwards  we hit the ground running ..... "Just as fast as we can" ..... so to speak ..... :p:

:UK:

Great to read your positive post mate :cheers: it was a hellish performance yesterday and while I am still hopeful of 55 it was a bitter blow and gives back them back the advantage.

But on we go to Wed and a decent result will get us all back feeling some better, but it is certainly one game at a time now for me, this looking ahead to how many we have home and they have away is no longer something I will get involved in.

I believe, as a few have mentioned it is what we have gone through over the last few years that makes us kinda desperate to put an end to our lack of trophies and we crave success and with any team sport, supporters are depending on the players who play in our name to get us the success we want.

The game yesterday was a difficult pill to swallow and that is why we had so many negative posts.

:thumbup:

2 minutes ago, billscott said:

if you look at the game sensibly we could and should have been 3 up at half time even andy walker said in 1st half  hearts are good till they get to 18 yard line they did not have a shot on target 1st half once we get the goal  if we hold on to the lead or increase it in the next 15 mins we would have won but kamara dwells on the ball and they get a lifeline and a big lift then the winner is deflected  i know we did not play well  but small margins change games if we take our chances y/day we would have won comfortably

If Kent had scored in the first half(he should have) then I think we would have won the game.

But it was the manner of the performance! We couldn't do the basics. The first touch of the entire squad was so bad, I don't think we strung more than 8 or 9 passes together at any time, any time a hearts player put one of our players under pressure we panicked and cleared the ball long with no ability to pass our way out of trouble. Goldson and Katic had no awareness to pass to the midfield 3 but only to the full backs. Etc

Archived