Jumping the gun again

MisterC

3 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

The match threads on here are polluted with  absolute arseholes, fortunately I'm usually at the game or too engrossed in the live coverage to be involved in them too much, it's honestly fucking embarrassing reading some posts. 

I sometimes read through them after the match and just think Holy Jamolie.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a lot of knee jerk reactions on here which is common place after a loss. 

The league is still there to be won but we need to get back to our pre break form quickly, starting Wednesday. 

I am expecting a much better performance as I expect the gaffer got tore in today when the squad met up

43 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Well aye it is, this time last year title challenge shattered and never recovered. 

Aberdeen away in total control and feel apart. Every 5 games we drop points. 

Everything was hunky dorey on here after the piggery. 

St Mirren and Stranraer were poor performances but still won, then we get beat and it's chuck the baby out with the bath water time again, just like the last time and the time before that. 

We weren't going to win every game remaining and we'll more than likely drop points again, but so will they. 

People need to get a grip. 

2 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

They didn’t have a shot on target against Ross County the game before, first win since he took over. 
The answer was you work harder than they do, if they are high pressing they have to be leaving space in behind for us to find our midfield looked like they couldn’t find their arse with a map never mind find space in behind a high press  game plan. 

I posted at half time yesterday the it looked that Hearts wanted to win the game more than we did and for a team trying to win the league that is just criminal IMO.

When we came out and scored a cracker of a goal I thought the attitude problem had been sorted, but then we just went back into our shell, and when they got the equaliser I feared the worst and while it was a lucky deflection for the winner they all count. 

3 hours ago, MisterC said:

Once again our support seems to have assumed that after beating them last month that 55 was ours even though the season was halfway through. And again after a defeat we get the usual hysteria that the race is over, we're shite, Gerrards a dud etc.

When the hell will folk realise that you gets bumps along the road and that not everything will go our way? Too many willing to throw in the towel after one defeat, our second of the season in the league!

Yes the form has been poor since the winter break and you can put that down to more than one thing but are we out of the title race? No!

For the hysterical ones amongst you, get a bloody grip and stop being surrender monkeys! We will get back on track and perhaps a harsh reality check was needed to really focus minds for the race ahead.

Especially funny to see the daily rebel today claim it was now out of our hands. Obviously simple arithmetic not a requirement for the position of journalist

42 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I posted at half time yesterday the it looked that Hearts wanted to win the game more than we did and for a team trying to win the league that is just criminal IMO.

When we came out and scored a cracker of a goal I thought the attitude problem had been sorted, but then we just went back into our shell, and when they got the equaliser I feared the worst and while it was a lucky deflection for the winner they all count. 

my thoughts exactly mate   

44 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Everything was hunky dorey on here after the piggery. 

St Mirren and Stranraer were poor performances but still won, then we get beat and it's chuck the baby out with the bath water time again, just like the last time and the time before that. 

We weren't going to win every game remaining and we'll more than likely drop points again, but so will they. 

People need to get a grip. 

They have done a run of games that will put the title out of our reach before we haven’t. 
I don’t really think it’s simply down to getting beat that has so many up in arms it’s more the abject performance and the fact we have came back from Dubai with all the momentum and once again we throw it straight back to scum just like last season. 

I don't see it. We badly need at least 2 in, striker and a right midfielder, without that we're going to face the same problems we faced on Sunday and drop points again, and without sounding like a conspiracy nut I can definitely see refs suddenly losing patience with Morelos the longer this 'title race' goes on with Alfredo picking up more suspensions. 

Its as simple as this, we win our game in hand we go back to 2 points behind

beat them at ibrox, we got a point a head, beat them at parkhead we go 4 points ahead

the race is still on and we've hit a small bump that we can recover from, and celtic are still very capable of dropping silly points, ie beat 2-0 of livingston. 

Teams know we're not the same side without Morelos so will be trying to wind him up even more to get him sent off. I can see celtic dropping 2 points in their next 3 games, we've got to put Sunday behind us now and put on a performance on wed. We need to get back to scoring goals, one nil wins at home to teams like st mirren are not really good enough when goal difference could come into it.

4 hours ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

The match thread was embarrassing. 

Talk about the tims meltdown... this place gave them a run for their money.

It’s fashionable to slate the match thread and there were some OTT posts but I’d have to say on the whole most people just pointed out the obvious that the gaffer and his players failed to address the warning signs from Stranraer and St Mirren and it cost us dearly 

I would hardly say people going mental because we earned the initiative in the title race and handed it straight back by losing, not even drawing losing to the worst team in the league after being a goal up is embarrassing 

16 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Title race last year, fucked that up when it got serious.

Getting close to one the season before and fucked that as well. 

If it wasn’t a regular occurrence then maybe people wouldn’t start to worry. 

Shhh dont point stuff like that out, everything is fine, its just supporters with no bottle.

20 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Title race last year, fucked that up when it got serious.

Getting close to one the season before and fucked that as well. 

If it wasn’t a regular occurrence then maybe people wouldn’t start to worry. 

I am genuinely trying to stay positive, but your post does make it a worry.

Hopefully we will see a better performance on Wed night. 

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

As someone else posted earlier, it feels like some posters have never witnessed a title race. It's only late January, plenty more twists and turns to come.

Sorry if my maths is about off but it’s worth remembering that everyone under the age of roughly 23 will never have experienced a title fight with them as an adult football fan.

So whilst people may have years worth of posts on here quite a big number of social media type comments will be from people with no experience of this.

6 minutes ago, Bjorklund said:

Sorry if my maths is about off but it’s worth remembering that everyone under the age of roughly 23 will never have experienced a title fight with them as an adult football fan.

So whilst people may have years worth of posts on here quite a big number of social media type comments will be from people with no experience of this.

So true and of course their opinion matters for sure but there is nothing better than being brought up with winning traditions. I hope younger bears experience that feeling very soon the way I did most of the time.

Guilty! 
But when we are poor and win everyone including myself, says this is ok  it’s the sign of champions etc. I said as much after the 2 previous shite performances against Stranraer and st mirren but against hearts that wasn’t  the sign of being champions, that’s a sign of shitebags that can’t handle the pressure of being champions, aye it was that bad.

i didn’t expect what happened at the same time last year to happen again this year, I gave our players to much credit/respect that it wouldn’t, let myself get caught up in the hype, but that performance and result against hearts🙈 fuck me!  

To win this league we need to play to our advantage, our advantage is this shitey tarrier mob have never been put under any pressure, not only that they have a self destructing manager who can’t handle the pressure and will turn on his own players, we need to put them under pressure and see if they crack, my guess is the weight of expectation on getting 9iar will be far too much for their overrated players to handle, but we as a team are making it easy for them to canter to 9iar, I think the way things have worked out fixture wise, we have missed our chance to do this, it’s not impossible but a lot harder after that 1 result

I hope I’m wrong, never wished I was wrong before but in this case i do 

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

Great to read your positive post mate :cheers: it was a hellish performance yesterday and while I am still hopeful of 55 it was a bitter blow and gives back them back the advantage.

But on we go to Wed and a decent result will get us all back feeling some better, but it is certainly one game at a time now for me, this looking ahead to how many we have home and they have away is no longer something I will get involved in.

I believe, as a few have mentioned it is what we have gone through over the last few years that makes us kinda desperate to put an end to our lack of trophies and we crave success and with any team sport, supporters are depending on the players who play in our name to get us the success we want.

The game yesterday was a difficult pill to swallow and that is why we had so many negative posts.

:thumbup:

:tu:

I know what you mean Bud ...... any loss is hard to take ..... but yesterday's was that bit worse ... due to virtually the whole team not performing as we know they can .... resulting in the "negative' posts of some of our members on here.

Still they are entitled to their opinion .... as some .... although sounding negative made pretty valid points that should'nt  be ignored either ..... be a pretty dull forum if we all thought the same.

The only person I have ever heard of saying .... "defeat is ok" ..... was Nelson Mandela's chiropodist ......  and thankfully he was not a Rangers supporter ..... :p:

:UK:

Too many are dismissing the games outwith the old firm games as formalities, as was witnessed yesterday there are banana skins every away game, 

We have dropped 5 points at Tynecastle when Hearts have been dire. 

The taigs also lost away to Livingston when Livingston were on a terrible run. 

The thought that all games are a formality is exaggerating what went wrong yesterday, We think we have a devine right to win every game then slate the players for thinking the same, 

Archived