Changes for tomorrow

hammer93

Polster getting his chance, Arfield and Morelos back in is enough. Anything else would be purely knee jerk and I think that will be enough for a good performance personally. 

Nothing against Flanagan but I think without pace it doesn’t work when you need your fullbacks to provide the width. 

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RowX said:

Polster getting his chance, Arfield and Morelos back in is enough. Anything else would be purely knee jerk and I think that will be enough for a good performance personally. 

Nothing against Flanagan but I think without pace it doesn’t work when you need your fullbacks to provide the width. 

We played three against four in the middle and three were all defensive midfielders was always going to be a slog.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

We played three against four in the middle and three were all defensive midfielders was always going to be a slog.

I agree, wrong set up from the start v Hearts.  Especially with the lack of  pace on the right, no outlet at all and a stranded striker. 

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

I liked Murphy.

Think he could've done a job playing in behind Defoe tbh.

Yes, he was decent and like you say was a great link up player with a good bit of skill who could also score a goal.

2 minutes ago, RowX said:

I agree, wrong set up from the start v Hearts.  Especially with the lack of  pace on the right, no outlet at all and a stranded striker. 

It was frustrating especially given the run we were on never having lost away from home in the league.

19 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

Wanting to start a player who's currently sitting on another teams bench in England is peak RM imo.

I've already stated that I didn't realise that Mcrorie was back at Portsmouth, when I saw him going to Dubai I was under the impression he was back with us, an easy mistake to make under the circumstances :pipe:

31 minutes ago, RowX said:

We need width from the fullbacks as we dont play wingers.......long story, 2 number 10's etc etc. 

You're right we need athletic full backs with bundles of energy - cleary not Flanny Alves.

Polster in for Flannagan is a must, kamara should sit out as hes been poor of late, gives the ball away far too cheaply and is becoming costly at times. Morelos starts and hopefully grabs a few more goals. We need to get a goal early then go to town on county if we are to show anyone that we are not lying the title down that easily.

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Don't need radical changes in the team but need a massive change n attitude 

I think the manager needs to look at himself as well, have we deviated from our preferred system at any point this season? Have we changed anything during a game because it wasnt going well

Its all fine and well saying players were unrecognisable, but sometimes the opposition manager out maneuvers us and the players cannot be who they are

We dont surprise anyone, we start 433, and finish 433 no matter who is subbed, how the game goes, nothing changes that, teams learn us piece by piece everytime they watch us

Changes for tomorrow:

A couple of personnel changes as already discussed.

Get into it from the kick off and stop playing at walking pace.

Get high quality crosses in from the wings against a packed defence, either hard and low or wickedly curling to be nodded home.

Don't fanny around with the ball in dangerous positions leading to loss of possession and an opposition goal.

Have a good look at the badge before walking onto the pitch and remember that you are taking the field representing Rangers.   If you don’t fancy it give your shirt to someone who does.

4 hours ago, Old Geezer said:

Polster in for Flanagan

Kamara should be dropped...Over rated 

Aribo should not be played on the wing

I just pray that Ojo or Barker dont get a start !!

We don't play with wingers. That's why a few are being shown the door to save a few quid.

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I think the manager needs to look at himself as well, have we deviated from our preferred system at any point this season? Have we changed anything during a game because it wasnt going well

Its all fine and well saying players were unrecognisable, but sometimes the opposition manager out maneuvers us and the players cannot be who they are

We dont surprise anyone, we start 433, and finish 433 no matter who is subbed, how the game goes, nothing changes that, teams learn us piece by piece everytime they watch us

reasonable comments - the manager seems to want to emulate Liverpool --- difference beng they have a pool of around 20 players who can be swapped  in/out seamlessly -- ours cannot. 

10 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

reasonable comments - the manager seems to want to emulate Liverpool --- difference beng they have a pool of around 20 players who can be swapped  in/out seamlessly -- ours cannot. 

The difference is their wingers/10s are brilliant, and ours are inconsistent as fuck

Archived