Cautious about Ross County

The Widow's Son

Watched them vs. celtic on Saturday morning and they have two fast, young players up front - Mullin and Spittal.  In fact, they made celtic look like the ordinary team they are.    Hope that our defence can keep them in check especially in the first half when they'll be fresh.  They came to celtic Park to play football so I hope that they don't play with eleven men behind the ball.  Could be a tricky one for us if we underestimate them.  

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Widow's Son said:

Watched them vs. celtic on Saturday morning and they have two fast, young players up front - Mullin and Spittal.  In fact, they made celtic look like the ordinary team they are.    Hope that our defence can keep them in check especially in the first half when they'll be fresh.  They came to celtic Park to play football so I hope that they don't play with eleven men behind the ball.  Could be a tricky one for us if we underestimate them.  

Nothing personal mate, but cautious about Ross County, mon , no hivin man, aarghh 

There was precious little EPL on the telly so I watched the first half.  celtic were very lucky indeed and could have been two or three down: that's no bias on my part.  Watched the second half until the third goal went in.  Don't let the scoreline fool you.  They were lucky.

6 hours ago, The Widow's Son said:

Id agree. I didnt see the game, just the goals, but read a few reports that stated they had several clear cut chances that they blew whilst at nil nil. It took a debatable penalty to get the scum on their way then they made the most of it with goals that were defensively poor to lose. We wont get that helping hand.

Seems like RC can create chances, not always take them, and can give plenty chances away and lose some poor goals.

We should beat them, we need to beat them, and I think we will. But I'm also in the camp of not underestimating a team that counter attack well especially when we're on a sticky run of form.  An easy 3 or 4 nil win, just because we're Rangers, isnt a gimme at all.

From the highlights they had a number of chances against them and couldn’t finish.

We’ll need to be right on it tonight from the start and watch them on the counter. 

I hope for the teams sake we get a couple of early goals. You just know the first player with a mis-placed pass is going to get a hounding.

8 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Ross county are shite

they’re getting pumped 

Agree. They're not sitting 9th for no reason. And before somebody points out where Hearts are in the league they're pish as well. We just had a serious off day on Sunday.

If we turn up tonight Ross County get pumped. It's that simple and not underestimating them. It's whether we turn up or not that's most worrying. 

36 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Said that about Stranraer St Mirren & Hearts. 

19 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Brilliant innit, people never learn. 

Do you think we’re getting beat then?

or a draw?

and have I to learn to go out on a fucking freezing Wednesday night and take my seat thinking we’re getting beat?

daft. 

Ross county are shite, they are getting pumped 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

or a draw?

and have I to learn to go out on a fucking freezing Wednesday night and take my seat thinking we’re getting beat?

daft. 

Not what any single poster has suggested on the thread 😆

14 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

except this post you mean 😂😂

58 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Play like the last 3 games and they will take a draw up the road. 

8 hours ago, 2nd Flute said:

Nothing personal mate, but cautious about Ross County, mon , no hivin man, aarghh 

Should be a formality but this side currently seem to have forgotten there is a title to be won. 
Need to get back on track tonight. 
The last 3 performances have been dire and against shite opposition. No more pissing about 

11 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

But I’ve to go with a cautious attitude?

i dunno how to do that, what even is that anyway??

Not expecting to hammer every cunt apparently just cos we're the Rangers. Then losing your shite if it doesnt go that way and making it even tougher on the players.

4 minutes ago, Swagger said:

Should be a formality but this side currently seem to have forgotten there is a title to be won. 
Need to get back on track tonight. 
The last 3 performances have been dire and against shite opposition. No more pissing about 

We constantly moan that we struggle against teams who sit in. Hearts open up and attack for 90 minutes we get beat, so wtf is it? We can't have it both ways.

29 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

or a draw?

daft. 

Ross county are shite, they are getting pumped 

1 hour ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Play like the last 3 games and they will take a draw up the road. 

26 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

10 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

except this post you mean 😂😂

Except hes not saying hes expecting a draw 😆😆😆

Archived