Morelos injured for the night?

GOAT

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers striker Alfredo Morelos is doubtful for Wednesday's Scottish Premiership visit of Ross County due to a calf injury, manager Steven Gerrard has confirmed.

The Colombian was set to make his first appearance of 2020 after missing the last three matches through suspension.

But Morelos, Rangers' top scorer this season with 28 goals, may not feature.

"Alfredo has not only been suspended, he has had a small calf problem as well," Gerrard told Rangers TV.

Old Firm facing 12 games in five weeks

'No panic' at Rangers - McAllister

"So I need to check with the medical staff what the right decision to do with Alfredo is because we do not want to put him in with any risk.

"But it's good to have him back available in the squad. We have a lot of games coming up, so I'll make the right decision that is not a risk to the player."

Gerrard expects a "reaction from the team" after Sunday's surprise defeat to Hearts dented Rangers' title hopes, leaving them five points adrift of celtic with a game in hand.

And he explained the decision to cut short 20-year-old winger Jake Hastie's loan spell at Rotherham United.

"He wasn't getting the game time that Jake and ourselves would have liked. It was in our best interests to get him back and get him moving again as a Rangers player."

9 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Just got a text from my mate Gerrard said in the press conference he’s got a calf knock, can’t find anything online though?

On Rangers twitter page , Gerrard interview for RTV , slight calf problem , he said he’ll need to ask the medical staff if he can play , 3rd player with a calf problem since Dubai 

Alfredo has not only been suspended, he has had a small calf problem as well," Gerrard told Rangers TV.

I take this as meaning he's been carrying a knock over the last few weeks rather than this injury being something recent. Gerrard goes on to say he's happy he's available for selection again so it might just be a case of" game" fitness rather than "injury" fitness thats giving the manager a decision to make.

I think he'll start tonight. 

24 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Rather not risk him as there are bigger games to come that we need him for.

Frankly if we don't have enough in the tank without Alfredo to get past county at home we should just throw in the towel.

Well we just made it by St Mirren this time last week. 

14 minutes ago, Blue Dutch 1690 said:

Hearts are a decent team in a poor position.  They will likely push on from now.

County are a poor team.  We will beat them easily. 3-0.

Nothing to worry about.

A team that had won 2 games all season til they beat us on Sunday is not a decent team.

First injury since his hip issue 2017.  Only ever missed one game since being with us through injury. Hope he is okay and able to play. He's one of the toughest in our team. 

However if it is a problem, I would rather he was rested today and have him ready for sheep. Wouldn't want to risk a slight niggle becoming a bigger issue for that game. 

Hopefully the rest of the players pull their socks up tonight and give us all something to be excited about again.

No repeats of Sunday or the previous 2 games before it thank you(except us scoring goals only that is). 

40 minutes ago, Blue Dutch 1690 said:

Hearts are a decent team in a poor position.  They will likely push on from now.

County are a poor team.  We will beat them easily. 3-0.

Nothing to worry about.

Your bottom of the league because your shite not because of bad luck ect.

Archived