If we weren't looking to sign a striker

soulboy

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Amato said:

Is this confirmed? I've been reading it on here but a guy I know claims it's not true. However he's been known to talk shite before...

Tom Miller said it in commentary tonight but I don't think it can be true because he has just served a suspension through accumulating cards this season. I could be wrong but in the past 3 games he has missed 1 for getting sent off in the cup semi last season, another for getting sent off against the scum and a third game because that red against the scum put him over the suspension points threshold. Surely then 1 more yellow can't give you yet another suspension?

12 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Shouldn't be difficult, if we weren't looking for another striker to begin with then it would be moronic. 

Hopefully got some targets in mind. Just think it's going to be difficult so close to the window shutting. 

Either a loan or going to have to spend deceng money as clubs will see where desperate 

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

We should have bought Shankland from Ayr and put him out on loan. Wouldn't have been any more of a gamble than Hastie.

Available for free so yes definitely low risk at the time. I still don't really get the hysteria about him currently though. Yes he's scoring for fun but hasn't proved it at a higher level at all.

The SFA site says that its 6 cards up to 19 games for a ban, we've passed that now so its pretty certain hes NOT one game from a ban.

We needed one more striker before tonight. We absolutely need another forward after tonight. We're one injury to Morelos away from our season imploding.

4 minutes ago, The Beast said:

We should have bought Shankland from Ayr and put him out on loan. Wouldn't have been any more of a gamble than Hastie.

As soon as Lafferty left Shankland should’ve been signed as a 3rd choice striker.  He was free, wages minimal, little to no risk.  

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Gerrard saying he’s going to discuss with Ross Wilson whether we need to bring someone in.

Defoe out for 2-4 weeks.

Am sure he'll be discussing fuck all it'll be get me another forward Ross.

Simply has to be.

Archived