If we weren't looking to sign a striker

soulboy

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Bobthemod said:

I’d be going heavy for the boy Campbell from Stoke. 

and a winger as Jones offers nothing and possibly a proper CM that scores goals 

Campbell signed a contract with Stoke. That one is completely dead in the water.

We are in talks with two by the looks of things according to The Evening Times.

”“Possibly [we could go into the market for a striker]. I haven’t spoken to Ross Wilson about that situation yet. We have a couple of things brewing besides that.”

From Chris Jack’s article.

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Jack has already had a calf issue earlier in the season, Morelos not sure if you can say he has a calf problem if he could play tonight, Defoe I also believe tonights injury was unfortunate, I'm not buying into the theory that Dubai has caused these injuries bud....just damn unlucky in truth 

Calf injury is code for a dose of the crabs. That’s what Dubai done to them.

Just now, Marky. said:

Campbell signed a contract with Stoke. That one is completely dead in the water.

We are in talks with two by the looks of things according to The Evening Times.

”“Possibly [we could go into the market for a striker]. I haven’t spoken to Ross Wilson about that situation yet. We have a couple of things brewing besides that.”

From Chris Jack’s article.

Ah not up to date on that one so aye that’s that one gone. 

well we best look at something. And something better than lower Scottish leagues and not a panic buy. 

3 minutes ago, Bobthemod said:

I’d be going heavy for the boy Campbell from Stoke. 

and a winger as Jones offers nothing and possibly a proper CM that scores goals 

I trust you missed him signing a new deal with stoke last week?

2 minutes ago, Bobthemod said:

Ah not up to date on that one so aye that’s that one gone. 

well we best look at something. And something better than lower Scottish leagues and not a panic buy. 

I agree. Nisbit from Dunfermline for example is a project player, not a player to come in and make an impact now.

January tends to be a good month for good loans and teams tend to need to balance the books. Teams will panic buy and then have to let go some of their players, and that's the sort I see us getting.

Andre Gray would still be someone I'd like to see, but I also want another winger. We need a proper game changer out their as we can't rely on Kent every-time the going gets tough.

3 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Agreed but I can see passed that. 

Think he will realise he left the biggest club he will ever play for. If he did come back I’d expect to see a more mature player.

That's what cunts said about Lafferty, himself included.

Windass has hardly spoken well about us since he left either, particularly on that open goal shite.

He's another who shouldn't be anywhere near the club. And I say that as someone who continually defended him on here while he was with us.

36 minutes ago, The Beast said:

You could argue the same about Morelos in the Finnish league. It's moot now anyway, DU will get at least a couple of million for him if he keeps scoring as he has done.

There wasn't any hysteria about Morelos at the time though. Its the hysteria about Shankland that I don't get. He might step up and produce at a higher level but people are going OTT at the moment.

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Whoever comes in needs to be ready to hit the ground running. Not a prospect or someone who needs a month to get fit because he hasn't been playing.

And someone playing at a similar level not some up and coming talent, experience is the key at this stage of the season 

Just now, MK Dumfries said:

I’ve said it once I’ll say it again... mario gotze!!! I know for a fact he’s willing to join!

Nae bother pal, he up for taking 10k a week or so? Can't have him earning more than Barker, sorry.

Archived