If we weren't looking to sign a striker

soulboy

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mr Soprano said:

Some cunt ban this fuckin idiot.

Harsh 😂... he’s on a free , hell never play for Dortmund again ! Yes wages are expensive but considering he won’t cost a penny just give him the transfer fee ! Bish bash bosh!... look I’m allowed to dream ok!!! It’s a much better idea then a rumour I heard earlier that sent a shiver down my spine .... Will Grigg!!! Ill leave that one with you

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If we're looking for a striker to come in and hit the running ground running who isn't a project player, we'll need to spend an absolute fortune to get him in whoever it is. 

It ain't happening, I can honestly see us moving for Shankland now. 

They are looking for £3m fir Shankland. No danger we are getting him.

More likely to be the other boy from the Championship who would be £100k or something.

2 minutes ago, MK Dumfries said:

Harsh 😂... he’s on a free , hell never play for Dortmund again ! Yes wages are expensive but considering he won’t cost a penny just give him the transfer fee ! Bish bash bosh!... look I’m allowed to dream ok!!! It’s a much better idea then a rumour I heard earlier that sent a shiver down my spine .... Will Grigg!!! Ill leave that one with you

Will Grigg is literally a league 1 merchant.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

More likely to be the other boy from the Championship who would be £100k or something.

Not to bang on about Sporar seeing as we were never even linked, but £3 million for Shankland when he went to Sporting for £5 million or whatever would be sickening.

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Agreed no way we throw 3m at shankland.

I expect a striker on loan is the more likely option. 

16 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If we're looking for a striker to come in and hit the running ground running who isn't a project player, we'll need to spend an absolute fortune to get him in whoever it is. 

It ain't happening, I can honestly see us moving for Shankland now. 

No chance of shankland. Utd would want a few million. That boat sailed the day he signed for they cunts mate.

I see Nahki wells is closing in on a move to Bristol City....don't think their is much of a fee involved, 100+ goals in the last 6 odd seasons, 13/26 for QPR in the championship this season, surely he would have been ideal as a back up striker 

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I'd take josh back tbh better then any of ojo Jones barker Stewart. If he came in and knuckled down he's certainly worth a punt

This!!! You can tell he regrets being a bellend ! There’s a talented lad in their somewhere !!! I would say he wouldn’t waste a 2nd chance but then again lafferty managed it and they do both come across quite similar in terms of intellect! 

12 minutes ago, Rlm said:

Nobody expected defoe last year..I think Gerrard will have good network down south for a loan. Off the top of my head wud dwight Gayle do a job for short term loan? 

Apparently Newcastle want whoever takes him to pay his full £60k a week wages!

And it’s only a couple of weeks since he tore his own hamstring, although initial estimates of 6 weeks out have been revised downwards, looking to bd back early Feb.

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Apparently Newcastle want whoever takes him to pay his full £60k a week wages!

And it’s only a couple of weeks since he tore his own hamstring, although initial estimates of 6 weeks out have been revised downwards, looking to bd back early Feb.

Didnt realise,Or well mate forget that one lol

I'll be gutted and pretty raging if we're stupid enough to overpay for any of the current crop of mongos in scottish football like cosgrove / kamberi / dykes / shankland.

Nowhere near good enough and we'd be overcharged no matter which one we go for.

Hopefully whoever is coming in isn't some wee project kid either.

2 hours ago, Bristol loyal said:

I’m sure we’ve been looking at options, issue now will be the price clubs put on whoever we go for knowing we’re desperate.

Would like to see us go for a big strong target man who wouldn’t just be third choice but actually another option when needed.

Absolutely. Something to mix it up a bit. With Barasic, Tavernier and Kent there’s good delivery there. 

Archived