*****Official Rangers v Aberdeen Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

This season alone Gerrard has been backed financially by the board, much higher than anybody thought he would have

Us spending 7 million on Kent, given where we have been was unreal, personally dont think it's worked out for him but he was the managers target 

The wages for players like Defoe, Hastie, Jones, Barker, Stewart all wont have been cheap either. Add that to the new contracts for players like Barisic and Morelos & the board couldn't have done more to back Gerrard over the last 2 seasons.

He's just signed utter shite, our 4 best players and the spine of our team are Jack, McGregor, Morelos & Tavernier...the exact same 4 players that we had the 1st day Gerrard arrived 

That is honest post of the day for me . Was saying much the same to my mate at the game

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Sheep will play the same against the scum but they will probably score for fun

But also have more players booked and one or two sent off, the decisions they git away with today would never happen if playing the scum IMO. 

I am not blaming the ref for today but he certainly allowed the sheep players to continue to make tackles because  he did not book the number he should.    

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

But also have more players booked and one or two sent off, the decisions they git away with today would never happen if playing the scum IMO. 

I am not blaming the ref for today but he certainly allowed the sheep players to continue to make tackles because  he did not book the number he should.    

I to believe theres major corruption going on in our game to stop us at all costs but when we continually put in performances like that against absolute shite teams we deserve all we get.

We are nowhere near as good as some on here keep on raving about..........

8 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

This season alone Gerrard has been backed financially by the board, much higher than anybody thought he would have

Us spending 7 million on Kent, given where we have been was unreal, personally dont think it's worked out for him but he was the managers target 

The wages for players like Defoe, Hastie, Jones, Barker, Stewart all wont have been cheap either. Add that to the new contracts for players like Barisic and Morelos & the board couldn't have done more to back Gerrard over the last 2 seasons.

He's just signed utter shite, our 4 best players and the spine of our team are Jack, McGregor, Morelos & Tavernier...the exact same 4 players that we had the 1st day Gerrard arrived 

Only thing I would disagree with is about Kent. You can see he’s trying but he’s nearly always got two men on him which should free up space but a lack of movement from the rest of the team means it goes to waste. When he does have the ball again there’s not a lot he can do because of the lack of runs and movement around him which means all he can do is basically run until he can’t go any further, must be frustrating as fuck for the lad.

16 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

We need proper investment and it's the boards job to find it if we want to compete and be taken seriously. I don't know where we're going to get it from but we need a huge cash investment to get on track.

How much investment do you want? Its the SPL, with the investment we've had we should be challenging for the title. The board have backed Gerrard with enough money imo, they can't just keep chucking money away.

Just now, Bristol loyal said:

Only thing I would disagree with is about Kent. You can see he’s trying but he’s nearly always got two men on him which should free up space but a lack of movement from the rest of the team means it goes to waste. When he does have the ball again there’s not a lot he can do because of the lack of runs and movement around him which means all he can do is basically run until he can’t go any further, must be frustrating as fuck for the lad.

Aye I completely agree, wasnt blaming Kent as such but it's simply not working out for him, we havent yet had a return on a massive investment.

He has 2/3 men on him constantly but he does run down a blind alley sometimes, think hes trying too hard now to make things happen. 

24 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Was going to post pretty much what you said in your last para - went for a run to get it out of my system, instead!

30 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

I to believe theres major corruption going on in our game to stop us at all costs but when we continually put in performances like that against absolute shite teams we deserve all we get.

We are nowhere near as good as some on here keep on raving about..........

I would not disagree with any of that, it just seems that teams like the sheep get away with fouls/tackles that they would not get away with against the tarriers.

We should still have been able to win that game today. 

I think the scum have at least 3 or 4 players that can cross a ball with pace and some whip creating havoc

We have two in our fullbacks , that is it

The scum have a 2 CHs that can actually win headers  from set plays  in the oppositions box  creating havoc

We have one in Katic . Forget Goldson who never even heads the ball towards the goal , even when he wins the header clean . Kilmarnock goal aside . Not nearly good enough

They have a strikers who will bury big chances when the games are extremely tight or on a knife edge

The majority would say Alfredo can do this in most games with exception of Sheep and Scum . That isn't good enough for me tbh

The scum have midfielders with confidence , arrogance  and pace to take the play beyond the opposition .

We have maybe 2 players that can do this in Tav and Kent from midfield position   . That is it

For me , these are major reasons , we probably won't win this league

6 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I think the scum have at least 3 or 4 players that can cross a ball with pace and some whip creating havoc

We have two in our fullbacks , that is it

The scum have a 2 CHs that can actually win headers  from set plays  in the oppositions box  creating havoc

We have one in Katic . Forget Goldson who never even heads the ball towards the goal , even when he wins the header clean . Kilmarnock goal aside . Not nearly good enough

They have a strikers who will bury big chances when the games are extremely tight or on a knife edge

The majority would say Alfredo can do this in most games with exception of Sheep and Scum . That isn't good enough for me tbh

The scum have midfielders with confidence , arrogance  and pace to take the play beyond the opposition .

We have maybe 2 players that can do this in Tav and Kent from midfield position   . That is it

For me , these are major reasons , we probably won't win this league

Oh well, thanks for calling it out and utterly fucking depressing me! :lol:

It's fingers crossed and can only hope the scum fuck it up from here on in, but that will also require Gerrard to wake up and smell the coffee. He needs to make very obvious changes in who starts and in our system, as persisting with the same shite every week is clearly not working. You'd think he would see that. His blind spot for some, will require a white stick soon if he persists.

We've definetely lost an attacking edge somewhere. We've only scored 12 goals in our last 8 league matches. 1.5 per match. The 8 league games before it we scored 24 in 8. 3 per match. In half of the last 8 we've scored 1 or less. The 8 before we scored 1 or less once!

I suspect we've been found out a wee bit so hopefully Hagi and Kamberi add something new for us.

Honest to fucking god man, I'm so sick of this pish.

"People are rightly going to question this teams bottle." - Gerrard, post match press conference at Tynecastle.

There are no question anymore. Absolute bottle merchant cunts.

Completely uninterested, uninspired shite today. Just pass it around the back, get it wide, lump it in only to be cleared with ease.

Easily the most anonymous I've ever seen Morelos today. Midfield were brutal in particular. Fucking lucky to get away with it being 1-0 considering the chances they had early on.

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

28 players gerrard has signed, yet his best players were signed by warburton and pedro, a fucking brutal stat

Archived