Kamberi Signs

Marky.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, TMB said:

Kamberi needs to play regularly so we can see if he’s worth keeping for next season.  

He started 27 games last season and got 8 goals.....regardless of the fact that it was HIVs that does not suggest a consistent player.

6 minutes ago, RAFREG said:

Kamberi and Morelos should be playing up front together. No ifs or buts the two of them working together would be great. 

A major criticism for me with SG is that he has failed to change the formation when it has been needed.  He tried it against celtic at Ibrox and it was a massive fuck up.  IMO that has scared him off dabbling again.  But then against Livi in the bad weather, we were struggling, he changed to 2 up front and we won.  Immediate impact.  Struggling against Braga, he did the same, pumped them from that moment till the end.  Yesterday, behind and struggling, he changed it to 2 up for a third time, and we went 1-2 up quite quickly, defending lost us it in the end.  So I totally agree with you - we are too easy to contain with the 433.  I'd like to see a 352, I think we have the personnel for it.

14 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Worrying thing for me is that this guy looks one of our best players just now and he couldn't even get a game for the junkies.  

Hes played 27 times for them this season, 38 last season.

Granted he didnt play as much recently  but dont think it's as much he couldn't get a game for them as much as his face didnt fit with a new manager.

In the three games he has played for us he looks better than his record suggests. Maybe he sees himself now playing at the level he thinks he should be. That chance he set up for Morelos and the goal for Aribo shows he can play with two up front. Deserves a chance now.

Some players just are not rated by managers look at Umar Sadiq as an example he's gone on to have a decent return for his new club he's on loan with in the league and in Europe after not doing well at us and a few loans clubs sometimes players just need the right fit.

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Sums us up lately that a 6 month Loanee from Hibs looks more up for the fight than the rest.

It really does.

Kamberi wants to earn a permanent move here, possibly the same with Hagi.

Look at Barisic with the fight or flight dilemma he was given, he knuckled down and has proven his worth and I trust him to perform to a 7/10 level more than most of the squad now.

The rest of squad think they’ve made it and have nothing to prove......complacency can pull the rug from under your feet and I feel that’s what has happened to us since the scum game in December, as if we won the league that day.

Its largely why I think Docherty is doing well at Hibs, he’s not giving up on a future here.

In the scottish league sometimes it’s just as (if not more) important to have the steely determination and fight than it is to be good technically. In other games, Europe for example, those same players would be found out.

Kamberi looks to have the will to succeed and was coming short to make himself available, fighting to hold the ball up and keep possession, fighting to win the ball and then he also had moments of skill with a few nice passes, give and go’s and of course the great finish (also including the one where he handled the ball) and the turn and assist.

My hope is that Gerrard and the coaching team use Kamberi as an example as to what the other players need to show. No player should ever think that they have an assured place in the starting XI because if they do their form will inevitably drop. Look at Morelos since Defoe has been out injured, he knows he gets every game as long as he is fit and not suspended.

Archived