Leagues over

GOAT

There seemed to be this notion that this season we have better depth in our squad but in reality we've not really strengthened (at least not enough). If Gerrard was seriously going into the second half of the season with just Morelos and Defoe as strikers then that shows serious naivety (by him and the management team). I don't think we should expect too much from Hagi, I'm sure we'll get some glimpses of talent but he might take time to settle. Kamberi could be good, but still think we needed someone else aswell. Gutted we missed out on Vydra.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RFCRobertson said:

Obviously not, but being pessimistic fucks all the time equally wont urge the team on to do better. Not like they scroll Through this place and say "aw fuck lads"

more so for our own benefit, just keep being posted, we do have a good team that when it shows up its amazing and can beat anyteam in the league. 

teams lost its way thenow unfortunately but i firmly believe they'll spring back, go on win the cup and the league. We've been through worse as fans like the lower leagues etc 

Got to say, when we turn up we're good. Look unbeatable. 

As bad as he is, we can't blame Ojo for any of it, as we were never scoring. Four game on the trot pretty piss poor performances. How can the same players be so bad and yet be so good before the break?

I can only put it down to management. Haven't a clue what's the problem really.

8 minutes ago, bluebell82 said:

There seemed to be this notion that this season we have better depth in our squad but in reality we've not really strengthened (at least not enough). If Gerrard was seriously going into the second half of the season with just Morelos and Defoe as strikers then that shows serious naivety (by him and the management team). I don't think we should expect too much from Hagi, I'm sure we'll get some glimpses of talent but he might take time to settle. Kamberi could be good, but still think we needed someone else aswell. Gutted we missed out on Vydra.

Aye the naivety of going into the second half of the season with 2 center forwards who have over 30 goals between them in the first half of the season.

Gerrards a mad man eh.

34 minutes ago, Getstiffed said:

Aye the naivety of going into the second half of the season with 2 center forwards who have over 30 goals between them in the first half of the season.

Gerrards a mad man eh.

You're missing my point. There is a strong likelihood Morelos is going to get another suspension and even if Defoe didn't get injured he can't lead the line like Alfie can. Would you have been happy going into the second half of the season with no cover for Alfie and Defoe? 

36 minutes ago, bluebell82 said:

You're missing my point. There is a strong likelihood Morelos is going to get another suspension and even if Defoe didn't get injured he can't lead the line like Alfie can. Would you have been happy going into the second half of the season with no cover for Alfie and Defoe? 

No which is why I'm happy we've went out and got best option available for the money we had to spend. 

4 hours ago, CoatbridgeBear said:

Then we’ve a game in hand again. Accies will win the mora anyway.

Not a hope Hamilton are getting anything today. The game in hand is so far off we’ll drop points before that anyway and I can’t see the taigs dropping anything between now and the next OF.

It's not over, but he needs a long hard look in the mirror and make the neccessary and rather obvious changes.

All the the rhetoric and bollickings in the world will not change anything on the park. He needs to take action in making changes, otherwise it will be over sooner than later.

Few on this thread would rather put their desperation for staunch points above being honest with themselves. There is no danger we make up a 4 point gap in the next 3 months, absolutely not a chance. We don’t have it in us. Boys that understand the game can see that clear as day.

Maybe time for a formation change at home, teams are setting up for a draw, our away form is better, were are better to watch away from home, teams open up, at ibrox teams want a point and try and choke the game. Maybe time for a formation change at home? every team now coming to ibrox just have the same tactics. think its time to change ours. 

We're better than the taigs but they're better at grinding out results .

We need to learn to win ugly .

When Tommy burns was their manager they had a good attacking line up but could only play 1 way so Wattie knew how to play against them . We're like that now . We need to be able to mix it up or we'll win nothing .

9 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

We're better than the taigs but they're better at grinding out results .

They’re not “grinding out results” they’re comfortably winning games.  They’re attack looks very strong and they’re scoring 3-4 goals against teams.  They’ll probably do the same today.

The goal difference was very even at one point but they’re starting to disappear now. We’ve fallen off.  

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

They’re not “grinding out results” they’re comfortably winning games.  They’re attack looks very strong and they’re scoring 3-4 goals against teams.  They’ll probably do the same today.

The goal difference was very even at one point but they’re starting to disappear now. We’ve fallen off.  

Agreed, this constant notion of “they sneak games” is bollocks.

They are humping sides by 3/4 goals that we struggle to score one against.

It aint over being 4 points behind but the way we  are playing at the minute you would have to be a supreme optimist not to think that we have probably blown our chance. You can see more dropped points coming from us rather than them. Ive said it in other threads, it baffles me what as to what has happened to the team we had in December. Nothing to do with systems, the system we played was working a treat. Those same players look a yard slower than they did a month ago. 

Archived