Leagues over

GOAT

3 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Not over but the midfield/wingers need to chip in with goals. All ours come from our 2 strikers and one of them is crocked.

This is very true 

our midfield seems to be scared of having a go at goal and majority of our assists will come from Tav who has also been missing since we came back after the break 

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, livibear101 said:

This is very true 

our midfield seems to be scared of having a go at goal and majority of our assists will come from Tav who has also been missing since we came back after the break 

The amount of times you think they should just put their foot through the ball and instead they play a simple harmless pass is unreal

6 minutes ago, writingranger said:

Not over but the midfield/wingers need to chip in with goals. All ours come from our 2 strikers and one of them is crocked.

This has been an issue for over a year now.  Not enough creativity and goals coming from the central areas.  We currently rely on Kent and Aribo to create and score goals and they can’t do it often enough.  Someone said Aribo has 2 goals from 14 games in a wide position - He can’t play there anymore.  

Barring some form of collapse at Torbett Towers it's just not going to happen. 

Even if we were to get back on top, I feel this team just doesn't have it in them to stay there. 

Fuck knows what the management have done over the break but for me it's almost obliterated our chances this season from a position of real strength. 

50 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Chucking it in Feb is howling. Weak pishy pant supporters that think they have the football analysis to state “it’s over”. 

does my tits in

Bottom line is the tarriers won’t  drop  many points and we’ll basically need to win every game which will never happen. Folk are just being honest with what they are seeing.

3 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Bottom line is the tarriers won’t  drop  many points and we’ll basically need to win every game which will never happen. Folk are just being honest with what they are seeing.

It's a dose of reality unfortunately

It's not as if we've had a couple of unlucky fluke games where points have been dropped, we've been horrible since the break including the game we did win

That's why it's over because we don't look anything like title winners when it was most crucial for us to keep our heads

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

Agreed, this constant notion of “they sneak games” is bollocks.

They are humping sides by 3/4 goals that we struggle to score one against.

Their last game they had 3 great chances against them at nil nil. They had 2 penalties in recent games they were struggling with at nil nil. In a game they scored 3 in the first half the opposition never laid glove, committing a whole 4 fouls / 0 bookings in 90 mins. 

So last game they started well, finished shite, but had no fight on their hands. Prior to that they started poor, got helping hand, won convincingly by the end.

They're not sneaking games, but nor would I say are they humping teams. And yes, I'd take their form over ours right now, as I would take a helping hand or teams lying down to us.

58 minutes ago, B1872 said:

They are not being honest. They are chucking it. 

1 hour ago, doc holliday said:

A seven point margin is substantial  at this stage and they are trouncing opponents at the moment.

Hopefully the wheels will come off their bus at some stage.Unfortunately our title aspirations not wholly  in our  hands given the recent loss of points.

It is in our hands as when we go 7 points behind we will have a game in hand. However, we are definitely letting it slip away and we are looking at having to beat celtic twice without dropping points.

Thankfully I’ve been out the country so not had the chance to see the poor results. The league certainly isn’t over however given the track record of the team I have little faith that they will be able to claw it back. Depressing asf, so frustrating particularly after we pumped them

They are absolutely relentless against these pish league teams 

We will always give you chances, even if we win in the end you’ll still get a chance at some point 

Case in point was Hearts, if the scum took the lead in that game they’d have strolled to 3/4-0

Thats why we won’t win the league 

2 hours ago, MurrayWilson said:

The amount of times you think they should just put their foot through the ball and instead they play a simple harmless pass is unreal

Gerrard scored untold goals from outside the box, he should be having hours of practice thumping the ball goalwards from any angle 25 yards out, we have plenty goalposts at HTC we don't even need goalies to get everyone shooting 50 balls a day at the target.

The leagues far from over. A potential 4 point gap once games played are equal is not an insurmountable task at this stage of the season. Even being 4 behind at the split still gives us a chance.

The biggest worry isn't the gap but how poor we are playing and how apathetic the players look.

Archived