Leagues over

GOAT

1 minute ago, DeanMK said:

Pretty scunnered by the Hearts and Aberdeen games but the league is absolutely not over. There seems to be an assumption that they won't drop any points from now until the end of the season. They dropped 5 in two games earlier on this season and will eventually drop again. We just have to show some spine and start winning again. 

The issue isn’t with them not dropping points. The issue is that that Rangers squad isn’t capable of dropping less.

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, JM1872 said:

I agree about the red, but still think Hamilton would have capitulated before the final whistle anyway. 

We really need to start getting a fucking grip and getting goals again before I end up mentally ill!!

I can confirm being mentally ill is no fun!

:mutley:

It’s a lot of money for us to pay out for games in a league which any time we threaten them it becomes a non event due to blatant cheating from officials , it’s getting desperate now we need our weak club to come out and start fucking defending us and find avenues to go through to complain what’s going on in this league , uefa ? I don’t know but something  needs done , not another team in the planet would have got a yellow only for Griffiths stamp , they’ve created an environment  it’s just far to much hassle for the officials to send him off , we need to start fighting back once and for all 

Just now, Essandoh said:

The issue isn’t with them not dropping points. The issue is that that Rangers squad isn’t capable of dropping less.

We could have easily come out the first half of the season ahead of them had we played the same number of games. Not sure how we can suddenly make the assumption that we have no hope of doing the same in the second half. Two OF's to go and they still have a couple of tougher fixtures coming up soon. Notably away to Motherwell next week. We're all disappointed for sure, but I do think a lot of folk have forgotten what a normal season feels like. 

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Arfield, Aribo and Kent have scored 18 goals between them.

Christie has 17 and Forrest has 16..

That’s the difference in the two teams.

Yip, their entire front 6 regularly contribute goals and assists and if one isn't doing it the rest step up to the plate. All too often it's as clear as day with us that if Alfredo is having an off day no-one else looks like they can be arsed trying to make things happen.

3 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

We could have easily come out the first half of the season ahead of them had we played the same number of games. Not sure how we can suddenly make the assumption that we have no hope of doing the same in the second half. Two OF's to go and they still have a couple of tougher fixtures coming up soon. Notably away to Motherwell next week. We're all disappointed for sure, but I do think a lot of folk have forgotten what a normal season feels like. 

They’ll thump Motherwell by 4 or 5

I am afraid that I have to reluctantly agree with the OP's sentiments. There is no reason to believe that given ours, and THEM's current form, that we can close the gap even with the much talked about game in hand. Realistically we must expect a repeat performance of yesterday against a Hibs team who will do exactly as the other teams visiting Ibrox,  it will not be a surprise to me if we fail to beat them as a result.

For the second year in a row, the winter break has killed us, who knows why but it has, Scottish Cup now our only hope of salvaging something from this season now.

5 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

It’s a lot of money for us to pay out for games in a league which any time we threaten them it becomes a non event due to blatant cheating from officials , it’s getting desperate now we need our weak club to come out and start fucking defending us and find avenues to go through to complain what’s going on in this league , uefa ? I don’t know but something  needs done , not another team in the planet would have got a yellow only for Griffiths stamp , they’ve created an environment  it’s just far to much hassle for the officials to send him off , we need to start fighting back once and for all 

They are scared to send off any of them, not worth the hassle or risk to property or family from elements of the scum support/MSM

23 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Pretty scunnered by the Hearts and Aberdeen games but the league is absolutely not over. There seems to be an assumption that they won't drop any points from now until the end of the season. They dropped 5 in two games earlier on this season and will eventually drop again. We just have to show some spine and start winning again. 

we need to sort ourselves out to fuck, our performances in the last 4 have been shocking.  time for a formation change at home. 

2 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

They are scared to send off any of them, not worth the hassle or risk to property or family from elements of the scum support/MSM

Exactly mate , our club need to fight back though , cowards 

Yesterday and today highlights where we're short - creative players. They've got loads (more out injured than we have in total) and we're well short with only Kent as the stand out.  If teams shackle Kent, we're left with next to no creativity outside of crosses into the box.  We have some but they're either not very good or untrusted by Gerrard.

19 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

The vermin went to Dubai, they've come back, over us gubbing them at home, smashing everything in sight now , while we are knackered looking, handing them the title, frustrating as fuck. 

Unfortunately it looks like we treated the win at their place like an end of season cup final, we certainly celebrated like it was. Whatever Gerrard had them doing out there they've come back from Dubai in pre-season mode and unless something changes fast it's going to cost us the league 

29 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

It’s not so much that they won’t drop points but the fact we have no chance of going on a winning run either. 

I’m now at the stage where trying to win anything in Scottish football is a waste of time. Europa league is all that’s left this season. The last game against the paedos gave me hope that the referees/sfa  wouldn’t be able to influence the Scottish game but I was wrong. 

43 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Arfield, Aribo and Kent have scored 18 goals between them.

Christie has 17 and Forrest has 16..

That’s the difference in the two teams.

This all day long. Our “attacking midfielders” just aren’t efficient enough.

Hopefully the arrival of Hagi will see a switch in set up because when our widemen don’t contribute much and we typically play three central midfielders who get nosebleeds in the final third it’s no wonder we have such an over reliance on Morelos.

10 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

I’m now at the stage where trying to win anything in Scottish football is a waste of time. Europa league is all that’s left this season. The last game against the paedos gave me hope that the referees/sfa  wouldn’t be able to influence the Scottish game but I was wrong. 

Guess you’ve not been keeping an eye on Braga then  😩

I’d like to see something more like this when everyone’s fit:

67BB692A-DA60-4BE1-82F7-424552D510FF.thumb.jpeg.556f94918ae29465b8f419e11ad22ba4.jpeg

It’s more attacking and we should score a lot more goals and win games more comfortably.

Against celtic, and in Europe, by all means stick with the 4-3-3.  The three midfielders protecting the defense works in those games.

I do think when it comes to Jack and Davis it needs to be one or the other.  Kamara looks out of form.  Arfield just isn’t the player he was last season.  Aribo, when played central, was breaking forward and getting us goals at the start of the season.  Stewart deserves a shot on the right because Aribo and Ojo just aren’t doing it.

The manager needs to shake things up.  What we’re doing now isn’t working.  This is a big test for Gerrard.  

3 minutes ago, Ted E Bayer said:

Guess you’ve not been keeping an eye on Braga then  😩

At least it’ll be a game where the best team wins, don’t mind losing in that instance.
What we currently have in Scottish football is pathetic. They should of been 1-0 down with 10 players on the pitch today, they weren’t because of referees being shit scared of arseholes like Sutton who not surprisingly supported the referees diabolical decision. 

Id support Gerrard coming out tomorrow and stating that he’s no longer sending his 1st team out for any Scottish games until the SFA abandon their fenian tendencies.  The reserve team will gain us 2nd place which is the only position worth going for. 

17 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

This all day long. Our “attacking midfielders” just aren’t efficient enough.

Hopefully the arrival of Hagi will see a switch in set up because when our widemen don’t contribute much and we typically play three central midfielders who get nosebleeds in the final third it’s no wonder we have such an over reliance on Morelos.

We’re a slave to the way we play.

We all agree it’s like Liverpool. Having 3 players as the main goalscorers/ creators is fine when you have Mane, Firminho and Salah but we simply don’t have the players to do it.

Archived