Leagues over

GOAT

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Threads an embarrassment tbh

Really is. 

the last 8 years have melted the brains of a huge chunk of the support sadly. We’re at the stage where after a poor results we somehow manage to make the most paranoid/freakshow set of supporters across the city appear calm & rationale

How do we expect the club, top to bottom, to keep their composure in a title race when the support is collectively losing their shit despite being very much in a title race? 

the return from the winter break has been woeful and it needs rectified very fucking quickly however the same points still remain:

we are effectively 4 points behind with 14 games to go, 2 of which are Old Firm games. 

we are currently on track for 94 points, we’ve only beaten that total once before, in 2002/03

celtic play the entire top 6 away from home in the next 9 games. Two games at venues they haven’t won in the league for 2 years. We play none of them away. 

If celtic come out of that run unscathed then the team with the significant financial advantage will have pipped us to the line & sometimes that happens but I’m absolutely convinced they’ll drop points - we have little or no margin for error now and we’ve got to get this blip behind us.

Folk seriously need to keep the head & get behind the team. They need us more than ever.

5 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Really is. 

the last 8 years have melted the brains of a huge chunk of the support sadly. We’re at the stage where after a poor results we somehow manage to make the most paranoid/freakshow set of supporters across the city appear calm & rationale

How do we expect the club, top to bottom, to keep their composure in a title race when the support is collectively losing their shit despite being very much in a title race? 

the return from the winter break has been woeful and it needs rectified very fucking quickly however the same points still remain:

we are effectively 4 points behind with 14 games to go, 2 of which are Old Firm games. 

we are currently on track for 94 points, we’ve only beaten that total once before, in 2002/03

celtic play the entire top 6 away from home in the next 9 games. Two games at venues they haven’t won in the league for 2 years. We play none of them away. 

If celtic come out of that run unscathed then the team with the significant financial advantage will have pipped us to the line & sometimes that happens but I’m absolutely convinced they’ll drop points - we have little or no margin for error now and we’ve got to get this blip behind us.

Folk seriously need to keep the head & get behind the team. They need us more than ever.

They’ll drop points, we’ll drop even more.

14 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Really is. 

All very valid points, but the fact is that whenever we’ve had a chance to put them under genuine pressure we’ve crumbled at the first hurdle. 

Hopefully they drop points, but they’re not showing signs of it. We’re looking more likely to drop more than they are right now.

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

May as well not bother turning up then. 

On course for our second best ever points total but the team are treated like one of the worst we’ve ever had at times. 

The reaction has been ridiculous, but at the same time since the winter break we’ve been very poor when we should have been breathing down their neck. 

They aren’t that great, but they play without pressure really because we never capitalise. 

TLB said he wasn’t worried because they’ve been here before and we’ve fallen away (or words to that effect) and right now it looks like he’s right. 

The horrible thing is we’re so close.

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

May as well not bother turning up then. 

On course for our second best ever points total but the team are treated like one of the worst we’ve ever had at times. 

Started really well, but we’ve hit the exact same problem as last year, and we never recovered from that until the split. Hopefully having Hagi now is what starts us back up.

4 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The reaction has been ridiculous, but at the same time since the winter break we’ve been very poor when we should have been breathing down their neck. 

They aren’t that great, but they play without pressure really because we never capitalise. 

TLB said he wasn’t worried because they’ve been here before and we’ve fallen away (or words to that effect) and right now it looks like he’s right. 

The horrible thing is we’re so close.

And he’s right. That experience of having been there and done it is something we don’t have and wont have until we do win it. See the cup final as the best example of that. 

We’ve just got to be in the mix come the split. Minimum 3 points behind and we’ll have a chance but I firmly believe we’ll go into the split worst case scenario level 

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

As I, if they come through this run unscathed then sometimes you have to put your hands up and say we done all we could. 

I’m confident they wont though 

I don't think they will make it out unscathed. I just really hope we're still in a position to punish the cunts.

@eskbankloyal

@ForeverAndEver

@graeme_4

I've agreed with all of the points everybody's made and the truth is the reality of the situation we're in is in the middle of it all. 

The way I see it all is whilst we have improved and could go on to hit 90+ points, the fact of the matter is for the 2nd year in a row we were all buzzing and massively confident for the title charge in the 2nd half of the season, only for it to blow up in our faces within 5 or 6 games after the break. 

We were absolutely flying in December and were a referee's decision (no surprises there) away at Pittodrie from taking maximum points during a difficult run of games. 

Now we've came back from a winter break and yet again the team looks as though they've never played with each before and all the hard work we've put in since the beginning of the league campaign WILL all be for nothing if we drop any more points when they continue to keep winning. 

We've had it in our own hands and more than likely fucked it again. 

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

@eskbankloyal

@ForeverAndEver

@graeme_4

I've agreed with all of the points everybody's made and the truth is the reality of the situation we're in is in the middle of it all. 

The way I see it all is whilst we have improved and could go on to hit 90+ points, the fact of the matter is for the 2nd year in a row we were all buzzing and massively confident for the title charge in the 2nd half of the season, only for it to blow up in our faces within 5 or 6 games after the break. 

We were absolutely flying in December and were a referee's decision (no surprises there) away at Pittodrie from taking maximum points during a difficult run of games. 

Now we've came back from a winter break and yet again the team looks as though they've never played with each before and all the hard work we've put in since the beginning of the league campaign WILL be all for nothing if we drop any more points when they continue to keep winning. 

We've had it in our own hands and more than likely fucked it again. 

I’d be a lot more confident had we never done the same last season, just a pain in the arse getting the buzz and thinking we’ve a got a real chance for us to fuck it.

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’d be a lot more confident had we never done the same last season, just a pain in the arse getting the buzz and thinking we’ve a got a real chance for us to fuck it.

I do think they'll drop points but I've got no confidence in us to take advantage of it or go on a long winning streak. 

If we start slowly again on Wednesday I can see Ibrox really turn on this team, the last ten minutes on Saturday I was getting deja vu from Warburtons last few games it was that bad. 

Only got themselves to blame. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

I do think they'll drop points but I've got no confidence in us to take advantage of it or go on a long winning streak. 

If we start slowly again on Wednesday I can see Ibrox really turn on this team, the last ten minutes on Saturday I was getting deja vu from Warburtons last few games it was that bad. 

Only got themselves to blame. 

Didn’t think it was that bad in all honesty, the two games they beat us last season were a lot worse imo. 

It’s not a great place to be when it’s not going well though.

Folk keep saying ‘we could do this, we could do that’. The reality is we’ve dropped 5 points in a week and once again as soon as the pressure is on our team have shat the bed. We’ll drop more points before we play the filth in March  and the league we’ll be over before the split AGAIN!

Best we can hope for is a cup win. 👍🏻

16 hours ago, B1872 said:

Folk keep saying ‘we could do this, we could do that’. The reality is we’ve dropped 5 points in a week and once again as soon as the pressure is on our team have shat the bed. We’ll drop more points before we play the filth in March  and the league we’ll be over before the split AGAIN!

Best we can hope for is a cup win. 👍🏻

I was all in the ‘leagues over’ camp coming out of Ibrox on Saturday. 

The reality is one bad result for the filth and it’s game on again. They aren’t great and have dropped points - sure they dropped 5 in a couple of weeks at Hibs then Livi. 

All we can do is get behind the team through this sticky patch, rather than get on their backs. 

Archived