Sign in to follow this  
KingKirk

2years running

Just now, KingKirk said:

I don't think that's got anything to do with how we are coached it wasn't a issue before the break its not now.

It has everything to do with how we are coached/set up. 

Exact same as last season. We have no plan B and that falls on the manager because in large its the same players who fucked it last season too. He sets them up, he picks them, he gives them instructions. He's stood by them after Hearts so if they fuck up again then it's on him. 

The manager is the one who takes the flack and Gerrard is no different. We need winners and we have none 

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Mate we've started the season well so no football for 3weeks isn't the reason for this slump.

We are coming back sluggish and off the pace because the legs have been run off them.

We'll look good again in a few weeks I don't doubt 

We started the season well,?we scored a last minute winner at killie and struggled 1-0 against St Mirren before losing 0-2 against the filth....that was with the advantage of early europa games against mince

HG5 likes this

24 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t know what running players into the ground in the sweltering heat in the middle of the season is supposed to achieve because two years on the trot it’s achieved fuck all.

Tarriers were at the same complex as us, surely they didnt go over there and lounge by the pool? 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tarriers were at the same complex as us, surely they didnt go over there and lounge by the pool? 

They probably didn’t but I’m willing to bet they didn’t spend as much time doing running drills as we did. Obviously there is a lot of time In the day but how many videos of the players running did we see on social media every day?

celtic have come back from the break, have changed formation and are scudding teams. We’ve come back are playing the same formation we always play with no signs or attempt to change it and are looking shite in games just like we did this time last year.

Something in the approach and coaching isn’t working at the moment, just like it didn’t this time last year.

HG5 likes this

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

They probably didn’t but I’m willing to bet they didn’t spend as much time doing running drills as we did. Obviously there is a lot of time In the day but how many videos of the players running did we see on social media every day?

celtic have come back from the break, have changed formation and are scudding teams. We’ve come back are playing the same formation we always play with no signs or attempt to change it and are looking shite in games just like we did this time last year.

Something in the approach and coaching isn’t working at the moment, just like it didn’t this time last year.

So its probably not the running them into the ground but the fact we are so predictable and one dimensional in our play? 

20 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

We look completely devoid of ideas mate, that's what I'm getting at 

That's the worrying thing.  Gerrard brought in loads of wingers and creative players this season so he can't hide behind excuses.

HG5 likes this

11 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So its probably not the running them into the ground but the fact we are so predictable and one dimensional in our play? 

Well maybe if we spent a bit less time running the players into the ground every day and we spent a bit more time working on variations in our patterns of play and different formations (which the tarriers obviously did considering they have switched formation since the break) then we wouldn’t be so predictable and one dimensional in our play.🤷🏼‍♂️

I don’t think the boss has a clue how to play against a well drilled defence, sure we get lucky and win some, but when it comes to the stronger teams we struggle, maybe he needs to watch how the other half do it. We beat them because we got in their faces and they don’t play the defensive game.

HG5 and theblueoysterbar like this

55 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Let's face it, the winter break comes at a bad time. After pumping the scum twice in two years right before the break, we have the momentum and then have to shut it down giving them a chance to regroup. Until I see proof that Dubai is detrimental then it is just a bad coincidence. To just say that is the reason without proof is just heresy.

Dubai is a fancy sunshine holiday for those deserving. This lot deserve no more than Gullane Sands. Yes pamper them.... when they win something apart from the odd win against the scum or a result in Europe. 

Fenians go out for a weeks break, one session a day and playing football ping pong, having a laugh and look refreshed for it. 

We've been out there, ran into the ground with running drills on top of morning football sessions, and we've came back and looked like we're all hanging on by fucking threads, with at least 4 of our players nursing or out injured with the same calf injuries. 

HG5 and MurrayWilson like this

6 hours ago, KingKirk said:

He's running the legs off them for no reason. I'd understand if we looked unfit but far from it

Was pleasantly surprised about how we handled December 19 compared to the previous December, culminating in that cracking performance at the knew camp.

Fitness looked great, so a bit of topping up was all that was required,  surely?

8 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Are they allowed to mingle with our players?

Could they be getting into our players heads?

8 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

I don’t think the boss has a clue how to play against a well drilled defence, sure we get lucky and win some, but when it comes to the stronger teams we struggle, maybe he needs to watch how the other half do it. We beat them because we got in their faces and they don’t play the defensive game.

Walter knew how to do it in this league, I wish he'd sit with him over a nice lunch sometime and ask him how it's done.

15 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

Are they allowed to mingle with our players?

Could they be getting into our players heads?

Thatll be whats happened. Everything makes sense now. Fuck knows why no one else thought of this.

HG5 and Amokachi like this

“Liverpool have already been on two warm weather training camps this year. They went to Dubai for four days in January and then to Marbella for a couple of days in mid-February. Their return from the UAE was followed by consecutive draws at home to Leicester, ironically in snowy conditions, and also away at West Ham.

That dip in form meant the Reds missed their opportunity to open a commanding lead over Manchester City at the top of the Premier League table and led to criticism from some fans, who questioned the decision to take the players away to such different climates. But it’s not just Liverpool who do this: Wolves have also been to Marbella, Tottenham often break in Barcelona, and it’s a common practice amongst European clubs. Whenever there is a break of ten days or so between matches, sometimes due to a premature exit from a domestic cup competition, clubs waste no time in jetting off.

But why?

Jürgen Klopp is a big advocate of warm weather training and has brought this with him to Anfield from the Bundesliga, where there is a winter break or ‘Winterpause’. Interestingly, that’s what sees Bayern Munich make an annual winter trip to Doha through their partnership with Qatar Airways, something that has attracted controversy due to the human rights transgressions within the country.

The average UK temperature in January is a chilly 4 degrees Celsius and Klopp said that these cold winter conditions mean that you can “only run and shoot and tackle”. By contrast, it’s around 20 degrees at the same time in Dubai and 15 degrees in Marbella. Expanding on this, Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhüttl, who took his side to Tenerife, said that there is more time to train tactical aspects in warm weather simply because you can “rest for two or three minutes and explain things without catching a cold”. Body muscles are more pliable in these conditions, meaning less time is wasted warming up and the general risk of muscle strains and tears is reduced.

There are also simply more daylight hours to train in, with eight to nine hours of daylight in the UK in January compared to eleven in Dubai. This affords time for the schedule to be more relaxed, especially with fewer media commitments to attend to as well.

Of course, there is an inherent risk where travel is concerned and changing time zones can harm the sleep patterns of finely tuned athletes. Warm weather training camps have long been used in athletics, where sport scientists have repeatedly found that it helps to improve cardiovascular fitness. That’s also why tennis star Andy Murray has always headed to Miami for an intense training block every winter.

It also provides an opportunity for team cohesion, bonding and to forge a close affinity between manager and players – something that has always seemed important for Klopp.

Virgil Van Dijk has recently cited the training camp the squad went on shortly after he signed for Liverpool at the end of January 2018 for his rapid integration into the squad. Distractions are reduced not just for the players but for the manager too. However, families are sometimes allowed to come along too and fostering such a close-knit atmosphere could make all the difference as the business end of the season approaches.”

5 minutes ago, TMB said:

“Liverpool have already been on two warm weather training camps this year. They went to Dubai for four days in January and then to Marbella for a couple of days in mid-February. Their return from the UAE was followed by consecutive draws at home to Leicester, ironically in snowy conditions, and also away at West Ham.

That dip in form meant the Reds missed their opportunity to open a commanding lead over Manchester City at the top of the Premier League table and led to criticism from some fans, who questioned the decision to take the players away to such different climates. But it’s not just Liverpool who do this: Wolves have also been to Marbella, Tottenham often break in Barcelona, and it’s a common practice amongst European clubs. Whenever there is a break of ten days or so between matches, sometimes due to a premature exit from a domestic cup competition, clubs waste no time in jetting off.

But why?

Jürgen Klopp is a big advocate of warm weather training and has brought this with him to Anfield from the Bundesliga, where there is a winter break or ‘Winterpause’. Interestingly, that’s what sees Bayern Munich make an annual winter trip to Doha through their partnership with Qatar Airways, something that has attracted controversy due to the human rights transgressions within the country.

The average UK temperature in January is a chilly 4 degrees Celsius and Klopp said that these cold winter conditions mean that you can “only run and shoot and tackle”. By contrast, it’s around 20 degrees at the same time in Dubai and 15 degrees in Marbella. Expanding on this, Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhüttl, who took his side to Tenerife, said that there is more time to train tactical aspects in warm weather simply because you can “rest for two or three minutes and explain things without catching a cold”. Body muscles are more pliable in these conditions, meaning less time is wasted warming up and the general risk of muscle strains and tears is reduced.

There are also simply more daylight hours to train in, with eight to nine hours of daylight in the UK in January compared to eleven in Dubai. This affords time for the schedule to be more relaxed, especially with fewer media commitments to attend to as well.

Of course, there is an inherent risk where travel is concerned and changing time zones can harm the sleep patterns of finely tuned athletes. Warm weather training camps have long been used in athletics, where sport scientists have repeatedly found that it helps to improve cardiovascular fitness. That’s also why tennis star Andy Murray has always headed to Miami for an intense training block every winter.

It also provides an opportunity for team cohesion, bonding and to forge a close affinity between manager and players – something that has always seemed important for Klopp.

Virgil Van Dijk has recently cited the training camp the squad went on shortly after he signed for Liverpool at the end of January 2018 for his rapid integration into the squad. Distractions are reduced not just for the players but for the manager too. However, families are sometimes allowed to come along too and fostering such a close-knit atmosphere could make all the difference as the business end of the season approaches.”

What's your point

3 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

What's your point

You’re questioning the benefits of warm weather training.  I’m simply posting an article that lists some of the benefits of it.  Liverpool take part in warm weather training over in Dubai  and they’re the best team in the planet right now.  celtic were out there.  Maybe we’re doing something differently but I wouldn’t know.  I don’t watch Liverpool, celtic, or Rangers, train out in Dubai.  

HG5 likes this

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

You’re questioning the benefits of warm weather training.  I’m simply posting an article that lists some of the benefits of it.  Liverpool take part in warm weather training over in Dubai  and they’re the best team in the planet right now.  celtic were out there.  Maybe we’re doing something differently but I wouldn’t know.  I don’t watch Liverpool, celtic, or Rangers, train out in Dubai.  

Am questioning why Gerrard ran his team into the ground in the heat of the desert ffs. If its so we see the benefits when others tire fine but what between now and then.

HG5 and MurrayWilson like this

15 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Am questioning why Gerrard ran his team into the ground in the heat of the desert ffs. If its so we see the benefits when others tire fine but what between now and then.

Did he run the team on to the ground?  Is there evidence to support this?  As I said, I don’t watch Rangers train in Dubai (I doubt anyone on here does).  If there’s something we’re doing differently to celtic or Liverpool then maybe I can understand the criticism.