Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's been enough progress to warrant sticking with the guy, he's done some great things. He needs to sort out what's gone wrong since the break though, he should have learned from last season but unfortunately it seems like he hasn't.

There's a great manager in there. I know there is.

No, we are progressing, even if it is slowly. I’m as gutted as everyone else but sacking the gaffer and possibly his staff would be suicidal. We just have to stick by the team, nobody said it would be easy. Dubai has fucked us for a second season we just have to stay home next year and play games. I have faith this will end in a positive way. Maybe not this season though.

Laughable thread really.

What we gonna do in year 10 of their tainted 10 in a row season, hope someone new can come in and rip it all up and start again and have instant success? Steven Gerrard is the best manager we will have for a long time

Just now, Amato said:

Laughable thread really.

What we gonna do in year 10 of their tainted 10 in a row season, hope someone new can come in and rip it all up and start again and have instant success? Steven Gerrard is the best manager we will have for a long time

Agree 

The only real problem I have with Stevie is that he's let the same thing happen this season as last.

How many top managers does he have on his phone who he could have asked for advice, gone for lunch with... Walter, Klopp, for a start. There's probably quite a lot of them and a few surprises in there too.

agreed mate, it’s shite but we’ve just got to stick by it. I believe in our system and the way we are going. It’s slower than we all want but we’ve not got any other option. 
lets focus on giving the boys support because they are probably all as scunnered as the rest of us right now. 

No chance....did he not just sign a new deal 2 month ago?

We are a million miles better off than we were 3 yr ago but we still have an Achilles heel which comes back to hurt us....financially we can't back the guy to then sack him after the strides we have made....it pisses me off that we can go from blowing teams away to hirpling to final whistles.....yes he has done well but he also has his failings.....this supposed 433 is far to predictable, their is nothing wrong with mixing it up every now and then....fuck me its almost like 442 has been struck off the coaching manual 🤬

I think the realistic answer is “no” but, for me, he’s not done enough with the squad he’s been able to assemble and serious questions should be raised. I really like Stevie but I’m afraid to say I do think a number of other managers could’ve got the better of Lennon and, because he hasn’t, he has to be regarded as a failure so far.

3 minutes ago, rangersross said:

I think the realistic answer is “no” but, for me, he’s not done enough with the squad he’s been able to assemble and serious questions should be raised. I really like Stevie but I’m afraid to say I do think a number of other managers could’ve got the better of Lennon and, because he hasn’t, he has to be regarded as a failure so far.

Don’t forget a ready made squad was there for Lennon, we are 18 months into a squad now. We have to stick with him, I can’t see many other managers jumping to come to us if we’re willing to sack Steven Gerrard.

1 minute ago, gleem said:

Don’t forget a ready made squad was there for Lennon, we are 18 months into a squad now. We have to stick with him, I can’t see many other managers jumping to come to us if we’re willing to sack Steven Gerrard.

So let him stay until he decides because no other manager will come because we sacked a big name for winning nothing? What a load of shite.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

So let him stay until he decides because no other manager will come because we sacked a big name for winning nothing? What a load of shite.

Not exactly mate but we’d be a Poundland Chelsea sacking managers every other year. Let’s just see this project out. Fuck me we had a Portuguese waiter two years ago, there are levels and we are very slowly getting there. I fucking hate how long it’s taking but who else do you suggest to take us forward?

1 minute ago, gleem said:

Not exactly mate but we’d be a Poundland Chelsea sacking managers every other year. Let’s just see this project out. Fuck me we had a Portuguese waiter two years ago, there are levels and we are very slowly getting there. I fucking hate how long it’s taking but who else do you suggest to take us forward?

They win trophies though.

Yes, we’ve came a fair distance but if we’re getting the same false hopes each year, and getting hit with the same problems at the same time then why stick with it?

Cunts had the league won the same day the tarriers had completed the treble last season because of their manager, another level of embarrassment if he wins the league.

8 minutes ago, gleem said:

I would take a new manager every other year if it meant getting their trophies 

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They win trophies though.

Yes, we’ve came a fair distance but if we’re getting the same false hopes each year, and getting hit with the same problems at the same time then why stick with it?

Cunts had the league won the same day the tarriers had completed the treble last season because of their manager, another level of embarrassment if he wins the league.

That’s my point, the squad they have has been together for years we are a work in progress. We are desperate to stop 9/10 but if it was less than that maybe 5 or 6 would the hysteria be the same? I said in another thread earlier that going to dubai is a massive mistake and we just need to get game time in at home rather than piss off abroad. If we haven’t learned that after this break we will never will.  I can’t see an alternative better than we have to be honest

2 minutes ago, gleem said:

That’s my point, the squad they have has been together for years we are a work in progress. We are desperate to stop 9/10 but if it was less than that maybe 5 or 6 would the hysteria be the same? I said in another thread earlier that going to dubai is a massive mistake and we just need to get game time in at home rather than piss off abroad. If we haven’t learned that after this break we will never will.  I can’t see an alternative better than we have to be honest

Considering it was there under Warburton and Caixinha then yes

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Considering it was there under Warburton and Caixinha then yes

But this time we’ve actually witnessed progress and now have a steady squad that doesn’t need a major overhaul 

Archived