Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

On balance he should get another season after this one. I don’t know if we can afford to pay out him and his staff anyway. You would think if he’s failing next year he would just resign without compensation. It’s not like he needs the cash.

If we fail to win a trophy this year then he should be on notice that anything but a League would be acceptable. Can’t have us winning a League Cup next season while they win 10.

This is all of course based on where we are at the moment. If we fail to make the Scottish Cup final and finish anything more than 9 points behind them then we should be seriously looking at other options.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

I actually think we’ve had (and are having) a really good season comparably. 

We’ve actually been very consistent, and pulled out some really big results. We’ve had three draws and two losses in the league, robbed in the league cup final and qualified for the last 16. 

The problem isn’t so much that we’ve dropped points, but that the filth show now signs of it apart from when they play us. 

It's amplified dropping points because this season especially this league has gone to shit. 

37 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

It's amplified dropping points because this season especially this league has gone to shit. 

And yet I've read were a good few points ahead of where we were at this stage last season. Unfortunately that mob are too, by a bit more.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

And yet I've read were a good few points ahead of where we were at this stage last season. Unfortunately that mob are too, by a bit more.

When u actually look at the season we have been very good imo most of the time its just that final part.

We need to find a way of playing bad but picking up points that's the difference between the teams now. 

Noticed a few comments from the usual haters ,there will be pressure on Gerrard if he doesn’t win a trophy this year 

We’ll if it wasn’t for a corrupt group of officials he would have the league cup on the mantle piece ,the loss of that cup had fuck all to do with him or his players 

1 hour ago, magic8ball said:

Noticed a few comments from the usual haters ,there will be pressure on Gerrard if he doesn’t win a trophy this year 

We’ll if it wasn’t for a corrupt group of officials he would have the league cup on the mantle piece ,the loss of that cup had fuck all to do with him or his players 

Too sensible a post there mate. Better watch out. 

We’d have had extra time if it wasn’t for the officials. We might have gone on to win it, but might still have lost.

I'm sticking with Stevie G.
Hearts stole a match we shoulda been out of sight in.
The sheep stole a point in a match I would be affronted to say I supported that bunch of fuckin hammer throwers.
The last 4 matches all in,have had 7 shots in total,on target from the 4 teams in question.
Scottish football is a fuckin embarrassment,with it's anti football.
Just wish we could get to fuck out of it,and let them scrap about stopping teams from playing football.

What, apart from Morelos’ misses and penalty? Or the fact we didn’t even look close to scoring past 10 men? 

They fucked us with a goal, we fucked ourselves with missing numerous chances, plus our star signing going missing.

22 hours ago, VallancesDog said:

We're just lulling them into a false sense of security. 

You know i'd imagine it'll have an affect, whether it's enough, time will tell.

I will say though, I do think they (and some on here) forget we still have a game in hand which could prove pivotal.

Still plenty of football to play and the defeatist attitude on here is depressing as fuck . Still breathing doon their manky necks.

47 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

What, apart from Morelos’ misses and penalty? Or the fact we didn’t even look close to scoring past 10 men? 

They fucked us with a goal, we fucked ourselves with missing numerous chances, plus our star signing going missing.

We would have eventually destroyed them in extra-time. They had one shot on goal and it was illegal. To say anything other than we were cheated out of that cup is wrong. And if we didn't beat then in ET then you can make those statements. Gerrard should have a trophy.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We would have eventually destroyed them in extra-time. They had one shot on goal and it was illegal. To say anything other than we were cheated out of that cup is wrong. And if we didn't beat then in ET then you can make those statements. Gerrard should have a trophy.

On what evidence? 

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

We were worse against 10 than we were 11.

Agreed but eventually it would have played in our favour. If not, then the criticism in not winning the cup is warranted if we had lost on penalties. Basically, this thread by KK probably doesn't get made if Gerrard wasn't cheated out of a cup.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We were worse against 10 than we were 11.

The 10 men also had a lead to defend that they shouldn’t have had ,the offside goal changed the whole aspect of the match 

your right about there being no evidence to prove we would have won if the officials had done their job ,but there’s also no evidence to say they would still have won 

it’s all all about opinions ,and we all know what people say about opinions

Just now, magic8ball said:

The 10 men also had a lead to defend that they shouldn’t have had ,the offside goal changed the whole aspect of the match 

your right about there being no evidence to prove we would have won if the officials had done their job ,but there’s also no evidence to say they would still have won 

it’s all all about opinions ,and we all know what people say about opinions

Aye, mine is always right 

12 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

On what evidence? 

We had the numerical advantage and we were dominating the game in terms of possession and chances.  If 30mins of additional time had been played we would’ve been favourites to come out on top.  

1 minute ago, TMB said:

We had the numerical advantage and we were dominating the game in terms of possession and chances.  If 30mins of additional time had been played we would’ve been favourites to come out on top.  

We had 30 minutes with the numerical advantage, that should have been enough then

Archived