Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think his jobs on the line and I think if he goes  it will be through him giving up rather than getting the sack. We cant keep rebuilding the teams got a decent foundation but needs built on rather than dismantled. 

Gerrard  needs to learn I think he is scared to change things in case its costs us a game but his current plan aint working. The only way to learn is to make mistakes but you have to learn and not do it over and over again.  The players also need to show some desire and leadership in the tough games and thats not happening.

Overall we had last season as a rebuild and we did better than expected but he was also backed by the board. This season we should have added depth which we did and we are better for it. Next season we need to add quality and the manager needs to shows hes learning and demanding more from his players in terms of desire and leadership.

The worrying thing is thats 2 seasons in a row the players bottled it when the pressures been on.

6 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

The tarriers shoot on sight, attack with 6-7 players and continue to do so until they get their goal (s). 

If we actually had the tactical awareness to attack in numbers and continue to go for the jugular when we’re up 1-0 we’d be in a much better place. 

Instead we go side to side, out to the wing, whip it in to one guy and repeat. 

That's it. That's exactly what we don't do, and it's frustrating as hell. The midfield are happy to sit and pass sideways rather than somebody go.

Our two number tens get dragged wide too often as well instead of making up numbers in the central areas. 

We are too slow in the build up as well, gives defenders time to get back.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

And you are taking out 30 odd goals when Morelos fucks off due to winning nothing here 

Imo..

Morelos, Katic, Kamara will be sold to help with funding and also a few bob to re-invest.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Tav and Barasic went too.

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I'm not trying to spin anything. In the cold light of day, I have no loyalty to Gerrard. Players and managers will come and go. All that matters is us winning trophies. Right now, I agree that's looking pretty bleak. And if we continue to fail Gerrard and a number of players will move on.

We have been so off it this year but it's not Gerrards fault Morelos was suspended for the first 3 games, Tav, Borna, Jack and Defoe have been injured. Most of the squad are off form and some of the decisions we've had (or not had) have been scandalous. Of course, Gerrard doesn't get a pass. He has made mistakes, several mistake but any time he makes a mistake it's because he is a rookie, inexperienced manager. Over the past few weeks i've seen managers at Man City, Barca, Real Juve, Dortmund etc make mistakes too.

I agree, if it wasn't for Gerrard's name he would be under far more pressure. That won't last much longer if results and performances don't change.

IMO, at this moment in time, to rip up and start again would potentially create far bigger problems.

I take what your saying and agree with quite a bit of what you say,  Tonight has got to a lot of us, we're not happy bunnies and the disappointment has angered us more as it now looks as if the scum are strolling to another title.  To many, this is the last straw, raw wounds are going to take a very long time, if ever, to heal.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Imo..

Morelos, Katic, Kamara will be sold to help with funding and also a few bob to re-invest.

I wouldn’t be shocked if Tav and Barasic went too.

Katic won't be. Not worth enough yet. Too raw for much interest. 

I'd bet on Morelos, Barisic and maybe Tavernier.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He’s no tactical genius but he’s making Gerrard look like a diddy and that’s a fact.

In what way? His squad costs multiple times what ours does. They should be scudding the rest of the league, including us. Anyone could guide them to that.

Gerrard has tactically schooled the fud. It's the players who are letting him down when the pressure is on.

One of my beefs with Gerrard is he keeps shoehorning players into the right of the front three. Ojo was brought in to be that player and is obviously not good enough. Since then we have had Arfield, Aribo and now Hagi and none of them are wide players. Hagi was wasted playing out there tonight.

2 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

As stupid as this sounds I actually think Lennon has done better than Rodgers since he came back.

TLB has made a tweak since the break for sure but Rodgers would have had them further ahead than they are mate. They wouldn't have been played off the park twice by us in Dec under him. 

All hypothetical really but it's embarrassing that we all know when TLB is under pressure he implodes and we are handing it to them. 

2 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He's improved us massively since coming in but I honestly wouldn't bat an eyelid if we chased him tomorrow. 2 seasons running now we've collapsed after the winter break and ultimately the buck stops with him.

King will never sack him. Only a new chairman would do that.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Katic won't be. Not worth enough yet. Too raw for much interest. 

I'd bet on Morelos, Barisic and maybe Tavernier.

It’s quite obvious he doesn’t fancy Katic. Dropped numerous times last season. Criticised then dropped recently and name checked  tonight in criticism..

If we got offered 3 million we’d punt him.

Laughable Gerrard  , a joke , I see people are waking up to him now, an under 19 manager nothing else 0/5 domestic trophies soon to be 0/6 , after hearts fuck us again , a team of mediocre pish.,beaten by a Killie team who got put out of Europe by a Welsh junior team. Please fuck off gerrard

1 minute ago, Glory awaits said:

In the cup final & 29th Lennon made gerrard look like a diddy???? Pish

It's pretty obvious Lennon's been using the 3-5-2 since then to get them used to it and attempt to overrun our midfield next month. We'll just turn up, play our 4-3-3 and hope for the best.

27 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

At this point I would say yes. He was backed with money to win the league this season and we are miles off the pace again. 

The only reason it might not be is because of the compensation we would have to pay to him and his backroom team. They all signed new deals a few weeks ago.

This is it right here. Anyone who thinks he shouldn't be under pressure is kidding themselves, but the reality is we cant keep paying off managers and coaching staff.

Tonight feels like a turning point where he is starting to lose sections of the support. 

5 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

He's improved us massively since coming in but I honestly wouldn't bat an eyelid if we chased him tomorrow. 2 seasons running now we've collapsed after the winter break and ultimately the buck stops with him.

Then what....? 

Another Pedro comes in whilst we attempt a rebuild?

He's given us a strong foundation. As shite as it is - we need to keep on and stop changing managers like the rest of the football world. 

Up to Walter Smith we had 12 managers.

Since then we've had 9. 

Or... to feframe it: from 1899 to 1991 we had 12 managers. That's 92 years.

Since 2007 we've had 9 managers. That's 13 years.

Archived