Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

Just now, Red Matrix said:

In what way? His squad costs multiple times what ours does. They should be scudding the rest of the league, including us. Anyone could guide them to that.

Gerrard has tactically schooled the fud. It's the players who are letting him down when the pressure is on.

This is the problem. 

Blind loyalty based on very little. 

If our manager was half as good as you think we wouldn't be 10 points behind. 

We have beat them once this season and been beaten twice. We are 10 points behind in the league with no domestic top flight trophie in 9 years. 

We are schooling no one. 

Birthday card pish and chest beating isn't going to suddenly change that 

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Bristol loyal said:

The worry for me is he doesn’t learn, how often do we see him with no idea how to change the game, leaving subs far too late etc. It’s the same thing time and time again and we keep letting him off the hook. He got a second chance after our capitulation last January after the break, this season again no lessons have been learnt and the same thing has happened.

Im angry and emotional right now so will probably think differently in the morning but right now after that I want him gone because nothings changing, I’ve got no faith he can win us anything.

Yeah I hear you, that is the criticism for me but tbh I doubt it would actually have changed a thing in the game and due to that I blame the players more than the manager for this one.

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

It’s quite obvious he doesn’t fancy Katic. Dropped numerous times last season. Criticised then dropped recently and name checked  tonight in criticism..

If we got offered 3 million we’d punt him.

Katic isn't good enough and I don't think he ever will be.

Just now, Supersonic said:

It's pretty obvious Lennon's been using the 3-5-2 since then to get them used to it and attempt to overrun our midfield next month. We'll just turn up, play our 4-3-3 and hope for the best.

Lennon the tactical genius.... go on a Bolton fan forum see what they think of him

Just now, VallancesDog said:

Then what....? 

Another Pedro comes in whilst we attempt a rebuild?

He's given us a strong foundation. As shite as it is - we need to keep on and stop changing managers like the rest of the football world. 

Up to Walter Smith we had 12 managers.

Since then we've had 9. 

Or... to feframe it: from 1899 to 1991 we had 12 managers. That's 92 years.

Since 2007 we've had 9 managers. That's 13 years.

So we back the current manager who has shown no progress domestically in 2 seasons in a bid to change our fortunes? 

Do we simply stay with that because we believe it will be succesfull or because we have no choice due to finance? 

Either way it ends with us finishing empty handed in all likelihood 

11 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

And you are taking out 30 odd goals when Morelos fucks off due to winning nothing here 

I would guess that wherever he fucks off to he’ll still win nothing, anyway its not about winning things its about collecting money.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

It’s quite obvious he doesn’t fancy Katic. Dropped numerous times last season. Criticised then dropped recently and name checked  tonight in criticism..

If we got offered 3 million we’d punt him.

I disagree. I think he sees him as a prospect, not a finished article. I'd agree with him.

Sometimes when your a goal up an the other team are having the majority of the possession you've got to change your tactics and hold on to what you've got.

Gerrard could have possibly went 5 in midfield sooner and played a more counter attacking style. We were far to open in midfield and needed to keep possession for longer.

Naivety in Gerrard's case an we paid the price, and we have on a couple of occasions when 1-0 up.

Just now, The Godfather said:

This is the problem. 

Blind loyalty based on very little. 

If our manager was half as good as you think we wouldn't be 10 points behind. 

We have beat them once this season and been beaten twice. We are 10 points behind in the league with no domestic top flight trophie in 9 years. 

We are schooling no one. 

Birthday card pish and chest beating isn't going to suddenly change that 

We're about as consistent as I'd expect from a team of our level. We've punched well above our weight against celtic and some very decent sides in Europe.

I honestly don't know what some people are expecting from a manager. celtic are remarkably consistent against the rest this season, and have mountains more resources than we do. It's this "stop the 10 at all costs" short sighted panic that will end up putting us in an even worse state.

Tell you what - name 1 realistic managerial appointment who'd be better than what we have.

Archived