Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Getting fucking hammered four and five by the scum under Warburton, Caixinha and Murty to now giving better than what we're getting, but he hasn't improved us?

Get this pish to fuck.

18months in were the 2nd best team in the country. Is that acceptable

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Gerrard could have been harsher on Morelos last season when he got 5 red cards, Or just properly disciplining him, so to say it’s not his fault he got a 3 game ban is nonsense. 1 of them was for diving too which could fall on the door of the manager. 

im pissed off and looking for targets mate, my point stands though but I’m off to bed before the realisation kicks in. 

We'll never know exactly what Gerrard has done behind the scenes but i'm sure he's done more than enough. Morelos has to take more responsibility for himself, especially for going down too easily. He's not a wee kid anymore. He went down easily against the tarriers but the ref was gagging to send him off. I think Morelos (overall) has improved his discipline, the going down easily element just is daft and irritating. It's not Gerrard's fault he was missing. It's not even important though is it. We're all just clutching at straws, getting our frustrations out 👍

Just now, Red Matrix said:

We're about as consistent as I'd expect from a team of our level. We've punched well above our weight against celtic and some very decent sides in Europe.

I honestly don't know what some people are expecting from a manager. celtic are remarkably consistent against the rest this season, and have mountains more resources than we do. It's this "stop the 10 at all costs" short sighted panic that will end up putting us in an even worse state.

Tell you what - name 1 realistic managerial appointment who'd be better than what we have.

So you think what's happened this season was to be expected and should be looked upon as a realistic outcome? 

There's our ambition eh

Pathetic 

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Gerrard is going to be manager next season.

Tough decisions need to be made. Prospects and projects aren’t going to be stopping ten in a row.

We can't afford a squad of finished articles.

Just now, The Godfather said:

So we back the current manager who has shown no progress domestically in 2 seasons in a bid to change our fortunes? 

Do we simply stay with that because we believe it will be succesfull or because we have no choice due to finance? 

Either way it ends with us finishing empty handed in all likelihood 

But you can't take away the idea of building an environment, a team, a school of thought at the club.

That's what longevity brings you. It was the point I was trying to make - each of those managers I mentioned from 1899 to 1991 had years of failure in between the wins, but the amount of years they managed us singly allowed them to create an almost mythos around the club; heritage, legacy, stories and tradition that carried on. 

Chopping and changing so much over a period of 13 years doesn't allow that. Times have changed but the throwaway culture is tragic; it's the same with many aspects of modern life and no different in football. It's getting to the point of almost being like a Tinder swiping session. 

Done with Stevie; swipe right to find new manager. 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Katic isn't good enough and I don't think he ever will be.

The problem with Katic is he keeps being dropped and isn’t getting a chance to forge a partnership. The two central defenders have to be the most ‘in tune’ combo on the park.

Tonight we struggled at left back, gutless midfield, Kent non existent and Alfie not looking match fit.

To top it off, the manager & coaching staff can’t change our system  nor make a timely substitution.

Just now, The Godfather said:

So you think what's happened this season was to be expected and should be looked upon as a realistic outcome? 

There's our ambition eh

Pathetic 

It's actual realism. The complete opposite of the "birthday caird pish" you're accusing me of, yet spouting yourself.

We're far better than we were last season. We'll improve and grow at a sustainable rate, with a decent manager who will also learn. Despite what all the mental panty wetters in here are screeching.

5 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

All hypothetical really but it's embarrassing that we all know when TLB is under pressure he implodes and we are handing it to them. 

He's bottled it once, arguably, one season, his first season. That isnt enough to back this myth that he can't handle the pressure, he handled it fine the very next season when his team were 12 points behind, he handled it fine when they got knocked out of the champions league and handled it fine when we beat them at Parkhead. 

14 minutes ago, Glory awaits said:

In the cup final & 29th Lennon made gerrard look like a diddy???? Pish

We’ve played them for one trophy this season and (rightly or wrongly)  it’s in their cabinet and they are running away with the league because Lennon has altered his sides formation and tactics for different situations while Gerrard sticks with the same 4-3-3 and never changes it while hoping something will be different the next time we go on the park.

If we start using individual results of games against them as an example of how much better a manager he is and holding them up as examples of progress when they ultimately  end up meaning fuck all in the grand scale of things then we are no better than these diddy clubs who’s only achievement every season is to make up the numbers and hope they can get a result over us to brag about.

Just now, Red Matrix said:

It's actual realism. The complete opposite of the "birthday caird pish" you're accusing me of, yet spouting yourself.

We're far better than we were last season. We'll improve and grow at a sustainable rate, with a decent manager who will also learn. Despite what all the mental panty wetters in here are screeching.

Deluded is almost too kind to describe this. 

How you can honestly think thay when we are getting turned over by the likes of Killie and Hearts is astounding. 

Maybe next season we can keep the league interesting until March? That will be progress right.... 

7 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Getting fucking hammered four and five by the scum under Warburton, Caixinha and Murty to now giving better than what we're getting, but he hasn't improved us?

Get this pish to fuck.

Those were some fucking dark days. This year has been tough but it's not on the same level.

1 minute ago, King Jela said:

He's bottled it once, arguably, one season, his first season. That isnt enough to back this myth that he can't handle the pressure, he handled it fine the very next season when his team were 12 points behind, he handled it fine when they got knocked out of the champions league and handled it fine when we beat them at Parkhead. 

His cup record in his first spell was very questionable as well tbf. Tarriers in general have just got better and better since Delia left though.

Just now, Glory awaits said:

Game in hand

Well aware of that, in our last 5 games we’ve been;

Beaten by a Hearts team that got beat by Kilmarnock & fucked 5-0 off the tarriers.

Drew with Aberdeen at Ibrox.

Scraped past a poor Hibs side at Ibrox with a 85th minute winner.

Beat Hamilton

And shipped another 3 points to Kilmarnock.

What the fuck makes you think we are going to improve this form?! 

Archived