Sign in to follow this  
KingKirk

Is the manager's job on the line

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

It’s quite obvious he doesn’t fancy Katic. Dropped numerous times last season. Criticised then dropped recently and name checked  tonight in criticism..

If we got offered 3 million we’d punt him.

I disagree. I think he sees him as a prospect, not a finished article. I'd agree with him.

Sometimes when your a goal up an the other team are having the majority of the possession you've got to change your tactics and hold on to what you've got.

Gerrard could have possibly went 5 in midfield sooner and played a more counter attacking style. We were far to open in midfield and needed to keep possession for longer.

Naivety in Gerrard's case an we paid the price, and we have on a couple of occasions when 1-0 up.

Just now, Glory awaits said:

Lennon the tactical genius.... go on a Bolton fan forum see what they think of him

Don't need to go anywhere to see he's strolling to a fourth treble in a row for they cunts. 

14 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

You need help if you actually believe they aren’t winning the league by double figures now

Aye they probably will win it, double figures you need help if you think that 

Just now, The Godfather said:

This is the problem. 

Blind loyalty based on very little. 

If our manager was half as good as you think we wouldn't be 10 points behind. 

We have beat them once this season and been beaten twice. We are 10 points behind in the league with no domestic top flight trophie in 9 years. 

We are schooling no one. 

Birthday card pish and chest beating isn't going to suddenly change that 

We're about as consistent as I'd expect from a team of our level. We've punched well above our weight against celtic and some very decent sides in Europe.

I honestly don't know what some people are expecting from a manager. celtic are remarkably consistent against the rest this season, and have mountains more resources than we do. It's this "stop the 10 at all costs" short sighted panic that will end up putting us in an even worse state.

Tell you what - name 1 realistic managerial appointment who'd be better than what we have.

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Getting fucking hammered four and five by the scum under Warburton, Caixinha and Murty to now giving better than what we're getting, but he hasn't improved us?

Get this pish to fuck.

18months in were the 2nd best team in the country. Is that acceptable

Just now, Inigo said:

I disagree. I think he sees him as a prospect, not a finished article. I'd agree with him.

Gerrard is going to be manager next season.

Tough decisions need to be made. Prospects and projects aren’t going to be stopping ten in a row.

Just now, Supersonic said:

Don't need to go anywhere to see he's strolling to a fourth treble in a row for they cunts. 

You’ll obviously no be going to any more cup games then this season

9 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Gerrard could have been harsher on Morelos last season when he got 5 red cards, Or just properly disciplining him, so to say it’s not his fault he got a 3 game ban is nonsense. 1 of them was for diving too which could fall on the door of the manager. 

im pissed off and looking for targets mate, my point stands though but I’m off to bed before the realisation kicks in. 

We'll never know exactly what Gerrard has done behind the scenes but i'm sure he's done more than enough. Morelos has to take more responsibility for himself, especially for going down too easily. He's not a wee kid anymore. He went down easily against the tarriers but the ref was gagging to send him off. I think Morelos (overall) has improved his discipline, the going down easily element just is daft and irritating. It's not Gerrard's fault he was missing. It's not even important though is it. We're all just clutching at straws, getting our frustrations out 👍

Just now, Red Matrix said:

We're about as consistent as I'd expect from a team of our level. We've punched well above our weight against celtic and some very decent sides in Europe.

I honestly don't know what some people are expecting from a manager. celtic are remarkably consistent against the rest this season, and have mountains more resources than we do. It's this "stop the 10 at all costs" short sighted panic that will end up putting us in an even worse state.

Tell you what - name 1 realistic managerial appointment who'd be better than what we have.

So you think what's happened this season was to be expected and should be looked upon as a realistic outcome? 

There's our ambition eh

Pathetic 

1 minute ago, Glory awaits said:

You’ll obviously no be going to any more cup games then this season

I don't have a ticket to Tynecastle and that'll be our last game if we play like this any longer :lol:

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Gerrard is going to be manager next season.

Tough decisions need to be made. Prospects and projects aren’t going to be stopping ten in a row.

We can't afford a squad of finished articles.

So we back the current manager who has shown no progress domestically in 2 seasons in a bid to change our fortunes? 

Do we simply stay with that because we believe it will be succesfull or because we have no choice due to finance? 

Either way it ends with us finishing empty handed in all likelihood 

But you can't take away the idea of building an environment, a team, a school of thought at the club.

That's what longevity brings you. It was the point I was trying to make - each of those managers I mentioned from 1899 to 1991 had years of failure in between the wins, but the amount of years they managed us singly allowed them to create an almost mythos around the club; heritage, legacy, stories and tradition that carried on. 

Chopping and changing so much over a period of 13 years doesn't allow that. Times have changed but the throwaway culture is tragic; it's the same with many aspects of modern life and no different in football. It's getting to the point of almost being like a Tinder swiping session. 

Done with Stevie; swipe right to find new manager. 

1 minute ago, Glory awaits said:

Aye they probably will win it, double figures you need help if you think that 

We’re already in double figures and shipping points for fun. 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Katic isn't good enough and I don't think he ever will be.

The problem with Katic is he keeps being dropped and isn’t getting a chance to forge a partnership. The two central defenders have to be the most ‘in tune’ combo on the park.

Tonight we struggled at left back, gutless midfield, Kent non existent and Alfie not looking match fit.

To top it off, the manager & coaching staff can’t change our system  nor make a timely substitution.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Much they spent?

Much we spent? Much Hearts spent? Much the sheep spent? Much bottle of the table hearts spent again? Much Killie spent?

So you think what's happened this season was to be expected and should be looked upon as a realistic outcome? 

There's our ambition eh

Pathetic 

It's actual realism. The complete opposite of the "birthday caird pish" you're accusing me of, yet spouting yourself.

We're far better than we were last season. We'll improve and grow at a sustainable rate, with a decent manager who will also learn. Despite what all the mental panty wetters in here are screeching.

Laudrupsleftfoot likes this