Sign in to follow this  
KingKirk

Is the manager's job on the line

1 minute ago, TheBluebells said:

Given the current state of our season, what exactly is back on track? 

Start a run of winning league games, pap hearts out the Scottish cup, get to last 16 in Europe 

3 minutes ago, Glory awaits said:

And it’s no double figures if we win it read the post I was replying to

It will be by the time we get round to playing it! 

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Best in the world 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It was this bit I was referring:

"but most importantly he gives the players around him confidence and belief. You can't learn that – players like him are just born with that presence."

Would cost the club 2 Much to get shoot of him especially with giving him that new deal 

Any other manager hes out the door 

Malkytfp1 likes this

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Being a winner as a footballer doesnt make you a winner as a manager. 

Gerrard has won and proved nothing so far. 

A winner is a winner,  Gerrard is determined to success alot of these players clearly arent

1 minute ago, Glory awaits said:

Start a run of winning league games, pap hearts out the Scottish cup, get to last 16 in Europe 

Try winning the Scottish Cup then we'll talk. The only thing that will slightly redeem this repeated shit show of a season.

7 minutes ago, Red Matrix said:

We're in better financial state. We've beaten some very good sides in Europe, and qualified to the knockout stages. We've toppled them and came very close to beating them in the cup. We have players who, despite the tanking they're getting, are actually sellable assets. And yes, we're picking up more points in the league.

He's doing a fine job.

I’d have taken two defeats against Braga instead of Hearts and Aberdeen.

Financially it is brilliant but when they’re celebrating 9 in a row i wont be thinking aye but we beat Porto.

Just now, VallancesDog said:

It was this bit I was referring:

"but most importantly he gives the players around him confidence and belief. You can't learn that – players like him are just born with that presence."

Isn't working with the players though, Our belief has fucked off for the second time and the exact same time as last season. 

1 minute ago, Nk89 said:

A winner is a winner,  Gerrard is determined to success alot of these players clearly arent

Mccoist was a winner.... 

As I said before it matters not a fuck if you were a good footballer who won the lot. Management success isn't based on that. 

The list of examples is endless 

MurrayWilson likes this

Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We're demanding Gerrard wins the league when our wage bill is a third of whatever of theirs and they can go out and spend the guts of £6 million in January on two players who didn't even make their bench tonight (I've no idea if they were injured or what).

I demand that too as that's the standard at the club but we all have to accept it's a pretty tough fucking job he has.

Take Kamberi for example, you'd imagine he was far down the list of players we would have wanted to sign but we had fuck all money to spend it would seem and in the little game time he's had he's been every bit as bad as every cunt thought he'd be. Vydra might have come on and changed tonight's game.

Gerrard said himself post match he could've brought more players in January and chose not to do so as he thought he had enough.  

I believe we have enough to beat teams like tonight. However, time and time again he watches the same shite unfold in front of him and waits far too long to change anything.

He's far too reactive instead of proactive subs wise. And, whilst I wish our bench was so much stronger than it is/was tonight, he doesn't even attempt to change tactics to suit the way teams like Killie set up. Just the same hope we have enough shite every time.

1 minute ago, Glory awaits said:

We've never had a substantial run of winning league games and certainly won't start now, not anything that counts.

Hearts bullied us and let's be honest, this team don't have it in them. 

Europe matters so little when we're making a complete cunt of it where it actually counts. 

I don't see us getting to what is acceptably back on track this season at all. 

7 minutes ago, VallancesDog said:

"Is he the best in the world? He might not get the attention of Messi and Ronaldo but yes, I think he just might be. He has great passing ability, can tackle and scores goals, but most importantly he gives the players around him confidence and belief. You can't learn that – players like him are just born with that presence."

Zidane.

You don't have people like that talking of the character of a man for the fun of it.

The fact remains 

20 odd years as a player and a manger at 2 of the biggest clubs in Europe

Zero league titles 

A great footballer doesn’t always make a decent manager 

HG5 likes this

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Mccoist was a winner.... 

As I said before it matters not a fuck if you were a good footballer who won the lot. Management success isn't based on that. 

The list of examples is endless 

Am not saying tht Gerrard is or will be a great manager. I am saying he wants success more than alot of this team. No manager is goin to change these players imo

Just now, Nk89 said:

Am not saying tht Gerrard is or will be a great manager. I am saying he wants success more than alot of this team. No manager is goin to change these players imo

Well its his team and he's ploughed 15 odd million into it so if he can't change them he deserves the boot surely. 

GA1972 likes this

5 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

How many seasons can you give him tho it's his team 

Hes the one picking the players 

HG5 likes this

1 minute ago, Nk89 said:

I am saying he wants success more than alot of this team.

How the fuck do you come to that conclusion , hes got as much passion as the shite hes signed for the club.......