Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Ok. You seem to be begging people to tell you 1 thing wring with your paragraph which is either very catholic, or very stupid when your last words were "He's doing a fine job".

On that point alone, he has had more budget and more time that any other manager recently yet has consitantly failed against teams like Aberdeen and Kilmarnock. His recors against them is terrible. He also fucked us over the first OF this season changing the formation to have NO wingers. 

2nd point: "Were in a better financial state".....than who? Wee Davie fae the job centre? Our finances are nothing to gloat about or inidication of the success or failings of a manager.

3rd point: "We came very close to beating them in the cup". The day you take losong a game to them in a cup final as a positive is the day you stop supporting our team son.

4th point: "We have sellable assets" Who is gonna buy Arfield? Davis? Defoe? McGregor? Greg Stewart? Brandon Barker? Andy Haliday? Firth? So we have Morelos maybe Tav but we have a shocking pattern lately of bringing players in and after 4 shite games they rot away and we simply pay them until their contract is up.

I get it. Youre a young guy. When you talk about Rangers legends you think of guys like Lee Wallace, Moshni, Barrie Mckay. But read the fucking script here. We dont celabrate runners up to them in finals or finishing second but with a wee bit more points than we finished 2nd last season.

Talk about birthday caird pish.

I would thought in a better financial state was pretty self explanatory. Compared to where we were before Gerrard came in.

I dare say I’ve been supporting the Gers far longer than you, son. It’s quite ironic that it’s me who’s getting the “millennial” pish (about 20 years out by the way) thrown at me for saying we should be loyal to someone and give them time. It’s your generations culture of everything being disposable and needing changed instantly that perfectly encapsulates your own arguments.

This Rangers team isn’t the Rangers team of the past you’re so set on us pretending to be. We’re not the financial powerhouse of the league any more. We’re dwarfed in budget by a side who could be managed by any muppet and still pump the rest of the SPFL’s finest. You have to have realism, or you end up morphing into some screeching loser with absolutely no sense of perspective every time something goes badly.

There’s not a single poster on here who honestly would have said no at the start of the season if they’d have been offered our current points total and position in Europe. Just because that lot are in good form, it somehow skews the long term view.

Fuck them. We need to learn from our mistakes in the past and act responsibly as a club. Build upon improvement and spend money wisely. Take them out of the equation. Points tally? Acceptable. Cups? Acceptable. Europe? Fantastic. Squad value? Improved. Club value? Improved. On that basis alone, he deserves time to continue that trend.

If he starts stagnating next season, then I’ll reconsider.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

No doubt have his ‘keyboard men’ and ‘Brian from East Kilbride’ shite sometime soon.

If he doesn't send out Gary McAllister for the next presser like he sometimes does when he can't be fucked answering the really tough questions.

Just now, Nk89 said:

The quality of player isnt shite tho! They have played celtic off the park in 2 massive games, why? Because we were underdogs! Favourites at ibrox..we shat it... favourites since the new year we have shat it again. Gerrard isnt mystic meg fuck sake!!

The players he has signed on the whole have been fuckin garbage , hes been trying to get rid of some after 6 months.

To some on here you just cant say a bad word about the guy , hes tactically clueless and as long as hes at the club we are never stopping the taigs.

Like some have said though , we are stuck with him and his backroom staff as they are all on long expensive contracts , just like many of the donkeys he has signed.....

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Please don't take this as an insult or me being a dick, but you're the tyoe of Rangers fan i genuinely feel the most sorry for. The one who gets fucked over but goes into their photo album and brings up the image of big Marvin Andrews picture with the words "believe" and thinks to yourself  we can do this. All the way until the end of the season where reality kicks in and its mathimatically impossible for us to win the league then comes the anger/torture/denial and shit all at once.

Am certainly not going in there with that kind of thinking, I've been there seen it and done it.

What annoys me is the over reaction after every draw or loss on here.

What that table shows is there has been improvement from last season, the instant league winning team that people strive for it might not be but on years gone by it could be league winning form, who knows.

7 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

You think a manager could make these player win headers stop diving and stop pulling out of 50/50s??

Who put this team together? Who is now questioning there mentality?

The buck stops with the management time for change

Just now, Nk89 said:

So you drop Tav for Flanagan?? Dont talk pish!

Dropping Morelos for Kamberi then on saturday with ur logic!

It's not my logic, it's yours. 

You are saying the blame is with the players who are making mistakes and fucking up but the manager can't change them because they are irreplaceable. 

The job of a manager is to motivate and manage the squad. 

You are saying he has no choice but to stick with it and see what happens. 

The only one talking pish is you, continually. 

12 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Please don't take this as an insult or me being a dick, but you're the tyoe of Rangers fan i genuinely feel the most sorry for. The one who gets fucked over but goes into their photo album and brings up the image of big Marvin Andrews picture with the words "believe" and thinks to yourself  we can do this. All the way until the end of the season where reality kicks in and its mathimatically impossible for us to win the league then comes the anger/torture/denial and shit all at once.

To be fair most people on here are the same, as soon as the cup draw was made the usual pish of we will win 3 or 4 nil gets trotted out, to a team that's just beaten us☹️

3 minutes ago, Vision said:

Am certainly not going in there with that kind of thinking, I've been there seen it and done it.

What that table shows is there has been improvement from last season, the instant league winning team that people strive for it might not be but on years gone by it could be league winning form, who knows.

It’s not a over reaction. It’s simply standards from the Rangers support, some people have forgotten what Rangers were really like. 

Win the league/ cups or your out. The way it’s always been.

Fucking gutted. I so wanted to believe that we are experiencing a blip and have been blindly telling myself for the past four or five weeks that is all it is. The ease though, with which SG sank his anger publicly into the players tonight (ok, i accept he laid the blame at his own door, but that was nothing but a smokescreen) is very telling. You can't label yourself the cause then go on to lambast the 'schoolboy defending'. There's more than just 'something' not right. Labelling the team as "mentally weak" will do nothing but make them more mentally weak. It could be argued that they need to hear it but i think it better to work on that sort fo stuff behind closed doors. In any case, they all know it. There isn't a single stand out leader in the team that took the field tonight. Ryan Jack sometimes looks like he's got it and other times he hasn't. Tonight, he was lost in the fog of indecisiveness that plagues Katic, Halliday, Kent and Hagi. There is no single solution (and thoughts of changing the manager as being one of them are the most utterly stupid suggestions anyone could make at this moment in our rennaissance)......BUT, we have to change something. If we accept the title has gone (and i'm beginning to join the chorus) then we need to send a message to a few players that their place in the side is not guarranteed. Katic, i admit i don't like and in my opinion, he should not have come back in for Edmundson tonight (incidentally, Edmundson is one player who was vocal the past two games). Reverse that against Livingston for a start. Kent needs dropping if only to get the message through to him that there's more expected and more warranted from him with the price tag and the fact that he turns up for 'some' games. Nobody can turn on form like a tap but when they need a kick up the arse, they should be given one. Last season, Glenn Middleton was an ideal replacement but now we have Jordan joke Jones or Brandon bollocks Barker and that is why Kent keeps his place. Save for the winner against Hibs, i've seen nothing that tells me Hagi is anything other than a poor man's Kent. So we've gone from Kent and Candeias with Middleton as a back up to Kent and Hagi with no back up. The squad is weaker in forward balance than it was a year ago. All the first choice players in and all on form, we can beat celtic on our day but lose a couple to injury and we can get beat at Hearts or Kille. That's the sad fucking reality and despite being closer to the scum, we aren't close enough because they have far more strength in depth and they have more leaders on the field. We desperately need Barisic back for Halliday. I hate saying it but i thought the shape would have been better with Davis in midfield tonight. For me, it was wrong to bring Jack straight back in. He should have started from the bench. Toss a coin between Kent and Hagi for weekend but for me Kent has overrun his grace period tonight and if SG is truly taking it on the chin, he should have the balls to drop him at the weekend.  Finally, take the armband off Tav and hand it to Arfield because we need a leader out there and he's the closest to matching the description.

3 minutes ago, Vision said:

A lot of people are saying that though mate. That line "there has been an improvement from last season".

Well that's not the job description to improve on the season before. The job description is black and white and is stop them. Win the league. 

If Gerrard came out at the start of the season and said " we are going to try and improve on last season. Maybe no win the league but have more points and finnish 2nd then you wouldnt accept that would you?

Just now, sassaaaa said:

The players he has signed on the whole have been fuckin garbage , hes been trying to get rid of some after 6 months.

To some on here you just cant say a bad word about the guy , hes tactically clueless and as long as hes at the club we are never stopping the taigs.

Like some have said though , we are stuck with him and his backroom staff as they are all on long expensive contracts , just like many of the donkeys he has signed.....

As long as these players are here we arent stopping them! Correct.

But Gerrard has no way of knowing if they have the mentality for it until they are put in the positon!

We are so obsessed with 9 or 10 in arow!

The bigger picture shows how far we have come. If celtic were on 6 or even 7 the now. We would be happy with Gerrard.

He has had the biggest job since we got back in spl. And has made us competitive again! It was men against boys until he took over!

Fans expect far too much, we arent the Rangers team of 90s or 00s n fans need to realise that n stop piling soo much pressure and creating unrest! Because of a few bumps in a long road back

15 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Yip signed based on ability tht is all he can go on! They have the ability but are shitebags! Should we have to change formation for killie tho? Man city, liverpool barca, play the same way week in week out. Our gulf in class compared to the rest of the league, we shouldnt need to change formation. 

Yet he plays the same shitebags week in and week out.  He's also had 4 windows to move on and recruit players with drive and a winning mentality. 

The teams you mention can switch things up when a game isn't going for them. Take liverpool the side Gerrard wants us to play like.

The 433 is not ridged. It can change to a different shape/approach during the game depending on circumstances, goal behind, player struggling etc.  It keeps them from being predictable something we very much are.

Teams know exactly what we are going to do and can prepare for it.  

1 minute ago, ChampionsAgain said:

It’s not a over reaction. It’s simply standards from the Rangers support, some people have forgotten what Rangers were really like. 

Win the league/ cups or your out. The way it’s always been.

Fucking spot on. That should never change. Ever.

7 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

I think somebody put up last week he signed 24 players when you looked at the list on 3 or 4 were decent ffs

Just now, Nk89 said:

As long as these players are here we arent stopping them! Correct.

But Gerrard has no way of knowing if they have the mentality for it until they are put in the positon!

We are so obsessed with 9 or 10 in arow!

The bigger picture shows how far we have come. If celtic were on 6 or even 7 the now. We would be happy with Gerrard.

He has had the biggest job since we got back in spl. And has made us competitive again! It was men against boys until he took over!

Fans expect far too much, we arent the Rangers team of 90s or 00s n fans need to realise that n stop piling soo much pressure and creating unrest! Because of a few bumps in a long road back

Fans expect to much ? 

What age are you ?

Most of us older guys only know winning , its the way this team has always been , if you dont win you fail........

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

A lot of people are saying that though mate. That line "there has been an improvement from last season".

Well that's not the job description to improve on the season before. The job description is black and white and is stop them. Win the league. 

If Gerrard came out at the start of the season and said " we are going to try and improve on last season. Maybe no win the league but have more points and finnish 2nd then you wouldnt accept that would you?

People seem to forget, we're in a unique situation where we started miles behind them.

That's the reality.

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Who put this team together? Who is now questioning there mentality?

The buck stops with the management time for change

Its impossible for him to know there mentality until they have been put in the position!

Underdogs in final n parkhead pumped them.

Favourites at ibrox and since new year. Shat it.

That is the players mentality.

Archived