Sign in to follow this  
KingKirk

Is the manager's job on the line

3 minutes ago, Mesmer said:

I don’t think it’s a question of his job being on the line. If it had been almost anyone else he would have had his marching orders. 

I think really it’s more a question of when he’s going to jump ship (with his assistants).  Unless there’s a miracle long term turnaround he won’t hang around next season with all that’s at stake then.

I agree.  Think he will be away in the summer.  I can see him going to somebody like a Leeds United if they get promotion. 

Mesmer likes this

17 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Sorry mate but none of the ‘fouls’ on Morelos were penalties.

He has to stay on his feet. If he’s brought down that’s a different matter. But he wasn’t. Nor was he impeded. 

He is currently making the wrong decisions and it’s harming us.

on another note there was fuck all wrong with his goal that was chalked off

I'm sorry but you are wrong.  TV proved that Morelos had his arm tugged at the first penalty appeal.  Was it enough for him to go down?  Probably not but he was still pulled by the arm.  The second incident was shown on TV and Morelos was clearly fouled in front of Beaton.  A camera angle from behind Beaton showed this.   We agree on his disallowed goal.  Dicker not  given a second yellow for simulation was a disgrace.

Hadron Collider likes this

16 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

He has to beat the scum twice for me ,Braga and win the Scottish cup. Needs a 30 million purse in the summer to strengthen the mid to front

£30 million for what? You dint need £30 million to bear Kilmarnock.

Budget is just a fucking excuse.

JM1872 and Ivybank like this

32 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I'm sorry but you are wrong.  TV proved that Morelos had his arm tugged at the first penalty appeal.  Was it enough for him to go down?  Probably not but he was still pulled by the arm.  The second incident was shown on TV and Morelos was clearly fouled in front of Beaton.  A camera angle from behind Beaton showed this.   We agree on his disallowed goal.  Dicker not  given a second yellow for simulation was a disgrace.

None of them are pens. Simple as that. Gerrard was wrong about the handball and Morelos goal should have stood but nome of them were pens.

9 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

None of them are pens. Simple as that. Gerrard was wrong about the handball and Morelos goal should have stood but nome of them were pens.

You've got that cunt Sutton on the TV saying it was a clear handball and should have led to the goal being disallowed then SG on 5 minutes later saying it wasn't one.

Still can't work that one out.

Malkytfp1 likes this

10 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

You've got that cunt Sutton on the TV saying it was a clear handball and should have led to the goal being disallowed then SG on 5 minutes later saying it wasn't one.

Still can't work that one out.

Yup. Tye kinda shit from Stevie that can lose him a dressing room.

2 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Come on mate. They have collapsed 2 years on the bounce. Look at the 11 tonight.  9 of those players were here last season. Don't tell me Gerrard has only just learned about their attitude and mentality after the new year. 

You are saying they have 100m players to pull them out a hole.  Look purley at our league. We have a spent more money outside of the taigs and still we can't consistently put away teams like aberdeen and kilmarnock. 

Your bang on the money mate.

Therein lies the problem in your first para.

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

Your bang on the money mate.

Therein lies the problem in your first para.

It would still be suicidal to get rid.

He's improved us...no question.

He deserves a shot to stop 10 for me.

hammer93 likes this

4 minutes ago, dee9 said:

If he's here next season and gets money in the summer... Honestly, fuck the League Cup and fuck Europe.

Who gives a shit if nobody gets a good bevvy and a couple of nights away from their missus for a year.

The league is all that matters.

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

If he's here next season and gets money in the summer... Honestly, fuck the League Cup and fuck Europe.

Who gives a shit if nobody gets a good bevvy and a couple of nights away from their missus for a year.

Couldn't agree more.

It will kill me if they cunts do 10.

RDB14 and theblueoysterbar like this

3 minutes ago, dee9 said:

He most definitely needs to look at different formations for certain games which is something he has very rarely done in his 20mnth stint, the players themselves need to do more, the majority of that squad have proved they can beat and match the vermin on most occasions but their inability to beat Killie, Aberdeen and this season hearts is a fucking embarrassment 

6 minutes ago, dee9 said:

It will be doubly difficult to stop 10, as the scum aint standing still to watch us coming.

We also remain with players not of the desired quality nor mentality to win anything and you can start with Tav and Goldson and work your way forward.

Barring a change of regime and major new investment, Gerrard aint hanging around for a major humiliation in them taking ten in a row. He also has his own brand and rep to look after, albeit he shoulders much blame for our current predicament.

dee9 likes this

3 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

The problem is we need the Europa league income to run as a functioning buisness, if we don't have that source of income then I fail to see where we fund squad improvements next summer 

4 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

He'll need a lot of money and rid us of those blue eyed first picks of his, starting with Tav. Fucking losers.

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

He most definitely needs to look at different formations for certain games which is something he has very rarely done in his 20mnth stint, the players themselves need to do more, the majority of that squad have proved they can beat and match the vermin on most occasions but their inability to beat Killie, Aberdeen and this season hearts is a fucking embarrassment 

Agreed but to rip it up and start again next season as i say would be madness.

If Gerrard doesn't stop it then so be it we need to suck it up but he deserves the chance. 

He was brought in to stop 10.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

It will be doubly difficult to stop 10, as the scum aint standing still to watch us coming.

We also remain with players not of the desired quality nor mentality to win anything and you can start with Tav and Goldson and work your way forward.

Barring a change of regime and major new investment, Gerrard aint hanging around for a major humiliation in them taking ten in a row. He also has his own brand and rep to look after, albeit he shoulders much blame for our current predicament.

Gerrard isn't here for a jolly.

He's desperate for success like all of us.......its a brutal job.

I genuinely still have trust that he can turn this around. I've seen enough to suggest he should have another season.

4 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

The problem is we need the Europa league income to run as a functioning buisness, if we don't have that source of income then I fail to see where we fund squad improvements next summer 

I think we could do without it for a year tbh.

dee9 likes this

14 minutes ago, dee9 said:

Gerrard isn't here for a jolly.

He's desperate for success like all of us.......its a brutal job.

I genuinely still have trust that he can turn this around. I've seen enough to suggest he should have another season.

Correct and neither is he here to be humiliated, which he will be when the scum take ten. You do understand if he's here and that happens he will be trashed all over every media outlet, far less by our fans? He wouldn't get a fucking job in Aldi's.

He will not get success until he matches the quality of player at the scum, who will go all out next season to make serious history. They aint sitting back waiting on us coming.

He is also not without his own failings. Tav captain?! Ojo first pick for six months. Now it's shitebag Aribo's turn . Then we have Goldson, Hellander who must be the slowest player in football. Not forgetting continually ditching Katic at the drop of a hat and oh, those other 20 players he signed who don't get a game. Doesn't strike me as the greatest of judgement and I actually like the guy.

In any job, you do what's best for you, so unless there is regime change and major investment to match the scum, he/we, aint winning the centre of a doughnut and he will be off at the end of the season if it doesn't happen. He is simply to big to put at risk what he has got and that is a blue chip reputation.

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Correct and neither is he here to be humiliated, which he will be when the scum take ten. You do understand if he's here and that happens he will be trashed all over every media outlet, far less by our fans? He wouldn't get a fucking job in Aldi's.

He will not get success until he matches the quality of player at the scum, who will go all out next season to make serious history. They aint sitting back waiting on us coming.

He is also not without his own failings. Tav captain?! Ojo first pick for six months. Now it's shitebag Aribo's turn . Then we have Goldson, Hellander who must be the slowest player in football. Not forgetting continually ditching Katic at the drop of a hat and oh, those other 20 players he signed who don't get a game. Doesn't strike me as the greatest of judgement and I actually like the guy.

In any job, you do what's best for you, so unless there is regime change and major investment to match the scum, he/we, aint winning the centre of a doughnut and he will be off at the end of the season if it doesn't happen. He is simply to big to put at risk what he has got and that is a blue chip reputation.

He knew what he was signing up for BA.

He's not daft.

The problem is depth of quality. 

I don't think there is a great deal between the first XI, but there is a significant gap between the first XXII

Comparing the benches tonight (only counting top tier competition medals)

Bain - 3 Scotland Caps, capable back up (5 career medals)
Bayo - 3 Ivory Coast Caps, 4th  or 5th choice striker (No medals)
Bauer - 6 Austria Caps - back up right back (2 career medals)
Hayes - 4 Ireland Caps - Proven SPFL standard player (6 career medals)
Christie - 10 Scotland Caps - Credible candidate for POTY awards this season (4 career medals)
Rogic - 47 Australia Caps - Proven game changing player (14 career medals)
Elyounoussi - 22 Norway Caps - Decent player (5 career medals)

Total  - 95 International Caps (36 career medals)

VERSUS

Foderingham - Championship standard goalkeeper, capable back up. (No medals)
Edmundson - Promising young player signed from League One (No Medals)
Davis - 117 N.Ireland Caps- Veteran midfielder, still capable but a player on decline (9 medals)
Flanagan - 1 England Cap - No longer good enough to play in the EPL (No Medals)
Jones - 9 N.Ireland Caps - Capable SPFL level player (No medals)
Kamberi - Wasn't getting regular game time at Hibs. SPFL level player who offers a different option (No medals)
Stewart - 12 Scotland Caps, Proven SPFL standard player, 3rd or 4th choice forward (No medals)

Total - 139 International Caps (9 career medals)*

*Davis severely enhances our statistics

--------------

From our bench, I think only Davis enhances there squad ,where as I think every single one of their bench improves our squad.

ShanksRFC likes this