Is the manager's job on the line

KingKirk

21 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We’re only one goal different from them on conceding stats.

It comes down to game management and killing games off.

Exactly 👍

Frustrating as hell. That's 3 games sheep, killie and hearts we've taking the lead and failed to finish them off. 

We just seem to score and then try and see games out.  Against sides in Scotland you need to be totally ruthless. Once in front go for the jugular. 

Again management need to take blame for this from tactics to inability to change a game with subs. 

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was abit OTT with my immediate reaction last night. After our excellent December I can't understand now why we've dropped like a stone. 

Why before the break where we watching a team playing freely ready to take that next step. Since the break its been watching a team gripped with fear unable to pass the ball to each other.

Not a chance that SG is getting the sack in the near future - or even in the summer.  Apart from anything else, with his new contract, what would we have to pay him to leave? And if he was to leave tomorrow, who the fuck would replace him at this stage in the season?  As previously said, if things don't change drastically, there is every chance he will walk of his own accord in the summer to protect his brand, and the English media  narrative will be that he did his best but the lack of support from the board in our backwater country meant he couldn't do what he wanted. And that will  have a knock on effect to the Rangers brand and our ability to attract a decent replacement.  Also,  I said before the last two windows, if Alfie goes, we are not buying anybody guaranteed to be as good.  We will be buying an "investment" - in short a cheaper gamble  that we can hope to sell on for a profit. But that gamble is too big with a loaming 10IAR. I like Hagi,  - maybe a breath of fresh air -but I'm afraid he is not going to win the league this year or next on his own. Somebody said in another post that 41 new players have come to club since SG arrived, and we can still look at our bench and see no options to change a game. Hagi alone isn't changing that. The thought of starting from scratch again next year gives me the fear to be honest.

About 3 weeks ago most of us thought we could or would win the league. The last few weeks have been pretty devastating though. 

We've obviously improved overall. Our stats will be better. Our points return isn't too bad. I would even imagine better Souness, Smith, Advocaat, Eck teams had similar points at this stage. However, it's just compounded by that lot taking 70 points out of 78. There is no margin for error. We can't afford to drop any points.

No one can deny we've come back from the break and looked a shadow of ourselves. The worst part is we have been leading in several games yet gone on to lose or draw them, both in the league and in Europe. We were in winning positions but blew them.

I don't know the answers. Just fucked off with everything I guess. Why do Rangers need to ruin your life. Utter shite day. Everything just feels shite right now.

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

About 3 weeks ago most of us thought we could or would win the league. The last few weeks have been pretty devastating though. 

We've obviously improved overall. Our stats will be better. Our points return isn't too bad. I would even imagine better Souness, Smith, Advocaat, Eck teams had similar points at this stage. However, it's just compounded by that lot taking 70 points out of 78. There is no margin for error. We can't afford to drop any points.

No one can deny we've come back from the break and looked a shadow of ourselves. The worst part is we have been leading in several games yet gone on to lose or draw them, both in the league and in Europe. We were in winning positions but blew them.

I don't know the answers. Just fucked off with everything I guess. Why do Rangers need to ruin your life. Utter shite day. Everything just feels shite right now.

Sums up probably our full support the day. Spark seems to have gone from under everyone across the board atm. 

My attitude will probably change around kick off but right now I don't think that I will even watch the Livingston game. I will definitely watch the Braga game.

I can only hope that Gerrad can fix what has gone wrong. He still has my support and that won;t change anytime soon.

Gerrard's lack of experience is showing up now but we all knew that when he took the job on it's a learning curve from him and he's still making the same mistakes,  all Killie did last night was revert to how they played under Clarke and that fucked us.

I really want as I'm sure everybody does for Gerrard to succeed at us but he has to change his team and formation at times and stop playing favourites if they are not performing.

42 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

3 weeks ago opposition managers hadnt sussed us out 

Everyone watched us toil against st mirren at home and the only one not to learn anything from it was gerrard

Buck stops with him, he's failed, the players are simply failing because of him

7 minutes ago, left winger said:

Our defence clearly isn’t shite. We’ve conceded one more than them. It be better but our problems are further up the park.

Shite in big moments, like last night. Absolutely sleeping for both goals. 

Stats only tell part of the story. 

And the fact that we’re a goal worse than the filth’s who we all widely regard as a terrible defence says it all really. 

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

The scum come calling in a month 352 and get ready for war that day is d day for our management with how things are going

We played well against them with our current formation though. 

51 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

My attitude will probably change around kick off but right now I don't think that I will even watch the Livingston game. I will definitely watch the Braga game.

I can only hope that Gerrad can fix what has gone wrong. He still has my support and that won;t change anytime soon.

If sitting in Canada with plans to not even watch the next game is what you call support...

22 minutes ago, OhW said:

We played well against them with our current formation though. 

They’ve since changed formation to counter the 4-3-3 we’ve been using.  I think they’re lining up 3-5-2 now so they don’t get outnumbered in midfield.  If we setup with the predictable 4-3-3 and they run over the top of us where does Gerrard go from there?

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

They’ve since changed formation to counter the 4-3-3 we’ve been using.  I think they’re lining up 3-5-2 now so they don’t get outnumbered in midfield.  If we setup with the predictable 4-3-3 and they run over the top of where does Gerrard go from there?

Yeah misread Kirk’s post sorry, and I don’t watch them so didn’t click that the 3-5-2 was in reference to them. 

3 minutes ago, TMB said:

They’ve since changed formation to counter the 4-3-3 we’ve been using.  I think they’re lining up 3-5-2 now so they don’t get outnumbered in midfield.  If we setup with the predictable 4-3-3 and they run over the top of where does Gerrard go from there?

This, the tarriers have identified where they were going wrong against us, we were winning the midfield, next time they will put the numbers in there, how will we react to that. 

28 minutes ago, OhW said:

Yeah misread Kirk’s post sorry, and I don’t watch them so didn’t click that the 3-5-2 was in reference to them. 

I haven’t watched them either but it seems the full-backs they signed in the summer weren’t good enough.  They were getting outnumbered in midfield by us during the last two Old Firms so they’ve put an extra man in midfield.  They brought in Soro who looks like a physical and combative midfielder (not sure if he’s playing yet).  They’ve also put another forward on to give them two up top.  So now they’ve gone 3-5-2.  A system Lennon played in for years when MON was at celtic.  

They’ve changed things.  Gerrard won’t change things.  Gerrard seems afraid to make a substitute let alone change the formation.  Gerrard needs to be braver than this.  

10 minutes ago, TMB said:

I haven’t watched them either but it seems the full-backs they signed in the summer weren’t good enough.  They were getting outnumbered in midfield by us during the last two Old Firms so they’ve put an extra man in midfield.  They brought in Soto who looks like a physical and combative midfielder (not sure if he’s playing yet).  They’ve also put another forward on to give them two up top.  So now they’ve gone 3-5-2.  A system Lennon played in for years when MON was at celtic.  

They’ve changed things.  Gerrard won’t change things.  Gerrard seems afraid to make a substitute let alone change the formation.  Gerrard needs to be braver than this.  

Worrying times indeed. 

I never realised Klopp has been at Liverpool for 4 1/2 years and that’s his formation just starting to work this season. Could be down to Man City/Man U/ Chelsea having their problems but still. I get that they have players far superior too but Gerrard gets next season. Win nothing again then bye. 

29 minutes ago, TMB said:

I haven’t watched them either but it seems the full-backs they signed in the summer weren’t good enough.  They were getting outnumbered in midfield by us during the last two Old Firms so they’ve put an extra man in midfield.  They brought in Soro who looks like a physical and combative midfielder (not sure if he’s playing yet).  They’ve also put another forward on to give them two up top.  So now they’ve gone 3-5-2.  A system Lennon played in for years when MON was at celtic.  

I'm fairly certain the formation we played to break this cycle was 4-3-3. 

Archived