Sign in to follow this  
KingKirk

Is the manager's job on the line

25 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

If it wasn't Gerrard he'd be on the brink by now imo 

10points behind now and that mob coasting to a 4th treble the second on his watch.

I started this thread saying regardless he gets another year but that above is bad reading.

That same name could destroy him, standing looking lost while the shite of Scottish football come back to beat you, the substitutions, or lack of, playing your favourite every week, rotten or not, rigid tactics, doesn't go unnoticed in bigger leagues. 

HG5, KingKirk and ronniescu like this

7 minutes ago, ZZed said:

For any system to work you need the players that can play it, we don't have players who can switch a system around and that is why we are stuck with this ridged 433

We don’t know if our players can play to a different system as Gerrard hasn’t the bottle to try something else.

HG5 likes this

11 minutes ago, ZZed said:

For any system to work you need the players that can play it, we don't have players who can switch a system around and that is why we are stuck with this ridged 433

We have the player to try a 4-2-3-1.  We could setup on a more attacking way.  We just haven’t tried it.  

BlueKnight87 likes this

Liverpools system has some of the best players in the world in it. We are trying to do a budget version and it will never be as effective even when you account for lesser opposition. Where Salah will go past his man and create something or score a brilliant individual goal, we have got Ryan Kent doing two step overs, stopping, passing back the way or running inside into a dead end. Not having a go at Kent specifically but just an example.

15 minutes ago, 2nd Flute said:

That same name could destroy him, standing looking lost while the shite of Scottish football come back to beat you, the substitutions, or lack of, playing your favourite every week, rotten or not, rigid tactics, doesn't go unnoticed in bigger leagues. 

Am just disillusioned by it all mate in 5 games we've gone from a game in hand away from being top to 10points behind. How's that happened man.

HG5, Bears r us and SteveEarle like this

Gerrard was a great commercial decision by the board, but he is learning on the job and that's not easy with a supporter base with our expectation and rightly so.

His signings have not helped him, plus 20 months in the job and 20 odd million spent and zero out of five trophies certainly puts pressure on him.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Shite in big moments, like last night. Absolutely sleeping for both goals. 

Stats only tell part of the story. 

And the fact that we’re a goal worse than the filth’s who we all widely regard as a terrible defence says it all really. 

That one big moment, yeah. But that one moment is only a part of the story, itself. And a much smaller part of the story than the defence over the course of the season, 

Or to look at it slightly differently, if we had £10m to spend in January there, how many of us would have spent it on the defence compared rather than attacking midfielders or another forward or another winger?

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Am just disillusioned by it all mate in 5 games we've gone from a game in hand away from being top to 10points behind. How's that happened man.

We all watched Rangers walk off the pitch at celtic park after a great win, in fact, it was the end of a really hard run of matches, game in hand and we are top, mid February, the tarriers have the league won, there's something not right, maybe there is something we don't know, frustrating as fuck 

KingKirk, HG5, Bears r us and 1 other like this

2 hours ago, 2nd Flute said:

This, the tarriers have identified where they were going wrong against us, we were winning the midfield, next time they will put the numbers in there, how will we react to that. 

Worryingly last night, Killie were over-running our midfield for a large part of the game.

HG5 likes this

34 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

How has it just started to work this season, they lost a CL final, won the CL league, runners up in a league with a points total that would have won it any other year had city not been outstanding, all in previous seasons

Tbf I completely never even gave champions league a second thought. I was on about the league. Can anyone say they’d have won it if Man City were as good as last season. Who knows. 

2 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Worryingly last night, Killie were over-running our midfield for a large part of the game.

So the manager should change it, we don't, it's all so predictable 

15 minutes ago, Smile said:

Gerrard was a great commercial decision by the board, but he is learning on the job and that's not easy with a supporter base with our expectation and rightly so.

His signings have not helped him, plus 20 months in the job and 20 odd million spent and zero out of five trophies certainly puts pressure on him.

That’s what I thought he would be too but we’ve missed the mark promoting ourselves. 

Gerrard is huge globally and so far we’ve failed to cash in on this. 

Smile likes this

11 minutes ago, bornabear said:

What struck me last night was why he had Hagi wide on the right ?. He looked totally lost there and that was the fault of SG.

On what I've seen on videos of this lad and the small time he's been here,  is that he has a quick football brain and is a natural midfield player.  IMO, He and Ryan Jack could work very well together in that area. 

We have got to change the rotten system and playing players out of position that SG  insists upon.

If you're wrong (and he knows he is ) changes have to be made.

I've been saying this to my mates all day. Hagi is a #10 not a winger. Kent is a winger not a #10.  

bornabear, Bears r us and HG5 like this

9 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

Yeah we were all over the place.

Gerrard rarely makes changes til we’re chasing a game.

Dont understand how we were going to bring Stewart on early doors and then he never came on til 80mins.

I know we were winning but we didn’t play any better after the goal so the change should still have been made 

I suspect we will have to change the manager sooner or later ... he's probably suited to a mid-table team who play good football on their day but don't have the consistency to win anything.

He said a while back he's in this job because he wants to be (in other words he doesn't need the money) so I would hope when it becomes obvious to both sides that it isn't working  he would wave any compensation

21 minutes ago, bornabear said:

What struck me last night was why he had Hagi wide on the right ?. He looked totally lost there and that was the fault of SG.

On what I've seen on videos of this lad and the small time he's been here,  is that he has a quick football brain and is a natural midfield player.  IMO, He and Ryan Jack could work very well together in that area. 

We have got to change the rotten system and playing players out of position that SG  insists upon.

If you're wrong (and he knows he is ) changes have to be made.

Bang on the money.

Another Gerrard fault line in playing players out of position. He then had the audacity to sub him, when he should have moved him inside and took that donkey Aribo off.

Just hope he doesn't stifle and demoralise the lad..

bornabear likes this

6 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I suspect we will have to change the manager sooner or later ... he's probably suited to a mid-table team who play good football on their day but don't have the consistency to win anything.

He said a while back he's in this job because he wants to be (in other words he doesn't need the money) so I would hope when it becomes obvious to both sides that it isn't working  he would wave any compensation

Rich men don't get rich by turning down gift horses.

IMO he will walk in the summer, but it will be with some compo. There is also the problem of his back room staff who are not cheap and they certainly won't be walking away empty handed.

HG5 likes this